Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:53 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
I'm still not sure about the gyro setting of the 2801 transmitter. I've turned it off (INH) and turned it on with values from 65 per cent to 85 per cent and can't tell much if any difference in tail drift (head hold) with any of the settings.
Hey Jack, i had to play with the gyro settings on one of my 450's and noticed that when fine tuning you really only notice a difference when you are flying then stopping into a hover quickly, or when it's really windy. What happened was my heli would oscillate when i tried to stop, but by tweaking the gyro settings i got about completely rid of that oscillation and now it stops on a dime (or should i say stops in the way a dime wouldn't, since a dime would fall ) You may have to take it outside and do some quick side to side flights to see if the tail holds or swings out, then fine tune the gyro.

PurpleAki, i'm glad to hear you got a good hover! it's a stable bird, but like most of us, you'll probably get comfortable with it too quickly and fly around and smash it into something. then fix and repeat.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,649 Posts
Once again, a bird falls from the sky due to mechanical misshap.

Took the V400 and the 450por fbl to the field to get some high wind practice. The v400 was wonderful once again. I did find some limitations with the turnigy servo though. I read about this before, but with my lack of experience I had no idea how it would effect the flight. The TGY 90s servos do not center well. A wat to check if your servos center good is to flick a cyclic control like a quick forward elevator stick move then back to mid stick. If the servos, on the way back to center, go past the center and then back to center then they do not center well. How does this effect flight you ask... I found this to be a problem when i was trying some high and fast stall turns. After i pull back to get vertical and let the stick go back to middle, the heli would pitch forward takeing me out of vertical and almost back to normal hover attitude. At first i thought the alie / elev gyro sens or balance delay needed adjusting, until i saw the behaviour while doing a pre flight check of the cyclic servos. So check to see if your servos center good and you wont have any surprises later when you start pushing the limits.

Flew four packs with the v400, no inverted due to high winds, and i did not fly a 2200mah pack in it because i wanted to use them to get the 450 pro properly setup.

The 450pro #2 fbl was just getting to the point where the setup was feeling comfortable. I started to streach the limits with pitch pumps and even got a rainbow in. At the end of the third battery the "jesus bolt" in the head broke. The link arms wraped around the shaft and broke off the link ends. I had no control and it hit pretty hard from about 15 feet up in ff. The damage does not look to bad, broke one blade, bent main shaft, upper link arms bent in spirals, front tt gears, and of course stripped gears in the wk 09 08 servo. It seems that both the hitec 5055 survived, but one does make a clicking sound when moved by hand. Thats less that $20 in parts not including a new servo. I'm putting in my order for the 600 tomorrow, if the phone does not ring with anymore bad news. Then, with whatever is left over, get some servos and spares for the 450.

I was thinking about keeping both 450s, but now i'm gunna strip this one down for parts for sure. I can use this 2702v rx in the 600, and have spare esc and motor and servos for my fb 450pro #1. They have crashed more that any other size heli in my squad. Good thing parts are cheap.

I'm also gunna keep only one V400, strip down #1 (already in parts and sections, waiting for servos), and make #2 the 1 and only. Its been flying so good, and does not crash (i wish). I'll put some hitecs in it and make it double brushless. And double up the frame. I need to narrow down my heli collection to 'one each'. Will save me alot of cash on spares and upgrades, and i wont have too many helis that feel and fly different. Now the 400 will feel like the 400, not 400 #1 feels like 450 #2, and 450 #1 has more positive pitch that #2 etc.. haveing only one each will let me avoid this head and finger game. So, i'll have a M120D01, a V400D02, a 450 pro fb, a 500 esp, and a 600 esp. Thats it, no more helis needed.

Gatta make room for the 600.....
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:52 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
So, i'll have a M120D01, a V400D02, a 450 pro fb, a 500 esp, and a 600 esp. Thats it, no more helis needed.
what about your 700??
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Does anyone know what the stock Walkera battery connectors are called, and where can I buy them from?
A link would be great.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,649 Posts
3.5 mm bullet/HXT. They are often hard to find, but i think hobbyking stocks them now. I used to get mine from fly2build.com, but i'm not going to bother with them anymore. They are hard to unplug, and i dont want to have to solder new ones on every new battery i buy for the 400. When these stock batteries have had their last run i'm gunna convert the v400 to the 4.0mm bullet connections. They are easier to find, easier to unplug, and the new batteries will come with them installed.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:20 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
what about your 700??
When i start makeing money from these helis, i'll think about getting a 700. And i'll need a house with a garage, and a pickup or van to get around in. oh yeah, I'll probably need a divorce lawer as well. But i though about it.....
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:17 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,125 Posts
Quote:
When i start makeing money from these helis, i'll think about getting a 700. And i'll need a house with a garage, and a pickup or van to get around in. oh yeah, I'll probably need a divorce lawer as well. But i though about it.....
Guys, Please don't give Kdean any ideas to get more helis(700) b/c he is talking 'bout devorce lawyer now. I don't want him to be the first to get a devorce b/c she's getting on the way on his heli flying hobby.This is serious problem,LOL
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Guys, Please don't give Kdean any ideas to get more helis(700) b/c he is talking 'bout devorce lawyer now. I don't want him to be the first to get a devorce b/c she's getting on the way on his heli flying hobby.This is serious problem,LOL
LOL, for me all it would take right now is a 600 before i would need a lawyer, but i need to feed my addiction somehow...
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear another heli down. My wife asked how i got 5 helis in the house , i told she dont listen lol. But ill take the 700. I was told that i would need a satilite tx and rx. So i think i will stay where i am , but i have getting killer over time lately.
Kdean , u say u can get a 600 and use the 2801????
I also have asked the wife for a rc truck. I use to do that when i was 15. Maybe the kids ( go karts)and i can race soon. Redcat volcano epx pro

Quote:
Once again, a bird falls from the sky due to mechanical misshap.

Took the V400 and the 450por fbl to the field to get some high wind practice. The v400 was wonderful once again. I did find some limitations with the turnigy servo though. I read about this before, but with my lack of experience I had no idea how it would effect the flight. The TGY 90s servos do not center well. A wat to check if your servos center good is to flick a cyclic control like a quick forward elevator stick move then back to mid stick. If the servos, on the way back to center, go past the center and then back to center then they do not center well. How does this effect flight you ask... I found this to be a problem when i was trying some high and fast stall turns. After i pull back to get vertical and let the stick go back to middle, the heli would pitch forward takeing me out of vertical and almost back to normal hover attitude. At first i thought the alie / elev gyro sens or balance delay needed adjusting, until i saw the behaviour while doing a pre flight check of the cyclic servos. So check to see if your servos center good and you wont have any surprises later when you start pushing the limits.

Flew four packs with the v400, no inverted due to high winds, and i did not fly a 2200mah pack in it because i wanted to use them to get the 450 pro properly setup.

The 450pro #2 fbl was just getting to the point where the setup was feeling comfortable. I started to streach the limits with pitch pumps and even got a rainbow in. At the end of the third battery the "jesus bolt" in the head broke. The link arms wraped around the shaft and broke off the link ends. I had no control and it hit pretty hard from about 15 feet up in ff. The damage does not look to bad, broke one blade, bent main shaft, upper link arms bent in spirals, front tt gears, and of course stripped gears in the wk 09 08 servo. It seems that both the hitec 5055 survived, but one does make a clicking sound when moved by hand. Thats less that $20 in parts not including a new servo. I'm putting in my order for the 600 tomorrow, if the phone does not ring with anymore bad news. Then, with whatever is left over, get some servos and spares for the 450.

I was thinking about keeping both 450s, but now i'm gunna strip this one down for parts for sure. I can use this 2702v rx in the 600, and have spare esc and motor and servos for my fb 450pro #1. They have crashed more that any other size heli in my squad. Good thing parts are cheap.

I'm also gunna keep only one V400, strip down #1 (already in parts and sections, waiting for servos), and make #2 the 1 and only. Its been flying so good, and does not crash (i wish). I'll put some hitecs in it and make it double brushless. And double up the frame. I need to narrow down my heli collection to 'one each'. Will save me alot of cash on spares and upgrades, and i wont have too many helis that feel and fly different. Now the 400 will feel like the 400, not 400 #1 feels like 450 #2, and 450 #1 has more positive pitch that #2 etc.. haveing only one each will let me avoid this head and finger game. So, i'll have a M120D01, a V400D02, a 450 pro fb, a 500 esp, and a 600 esp. Thats it, no more helis needed.

Gatta make room for the 600.....
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:56 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear another heli down. My wife asked how i got 5 helis in the house , i told she dont listen lol. But ill take the 700. I was told that i would need a satilite tx and rx. So i think i will stay where i am , but i have getting killer over time lately.
Kdean , u say u can get a 600 and use the 2801????
I also have asked the wife for a rc truck. I use to do that when i was 15. Maybe the kids ( go karts)and i can race soon. Redcat volcano epx pro
I highly recommend having a good truck on hand, they are much less maintenance than helis and come in handy when it's too windy or the heli is too broken... I have a Traxxas E-maxx and it's pretty sweet. It's my go anywhere truck, I drive it through mud and puddles and have never bothered cleaning it (aside from driving it through cleaner puddles..), the thing is a beast and I don't even have the brushless version, but it's more than enough power. I took it with me when i went for thanksgiving, and my niece and nephew were having a blast playing with it, and my nephew even ran it full speed into a pole but it just kept right on driving. Parts are easy to find, both the hobby stores in my town sell them though i don't need them nearly as often as i need the heli parts. I had started out looking at the Exceed trucks, but after researching I got the traxxas and haven't looked back. Although it has been getting ignored lately since my heli addiction ramped up, though right after i crashed my 450 3gx i took the truck out to bash it around, so that felt good
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
While we're on the subject of land rc, here are a few of mine. I also have a Hpi Vorza which puts both of these to shame, but it's currently at my Fiancees due to its size and lack of space here..
I lost interest in these and moved to heli's just recently.
They are just gathering dust.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Nov 28, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:52 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,649 Posts
When i was 9 or 10 years old I got my first taste of the rc world when my friend got a tyco turbo hopper. That was the first time i saw any rc vechicle in action. I soon had a super turbo hopper 4wd and love the heck out of it. Them my cousin got a tamyia frog from his older brother, (also my cousin), and the super turbo hopper could not compete with that so i went and bought a tamyia super saber 4wd, the first rc kit i put together by myself, even painted the body myself. I could only afford a cheap radio that had the range of about my arm length. It took alot of hits due to loss of signal, and the plastic parts had more glue holding it together that the weight of the car. I later bought a kyosho optima from my older cousin and still had to use that cheapo remote, so after i broke some axel parts and found i would have to order the replacements from china, i sold it to buy hockey equipment. I was the best goal tender in my neighbourhood, and wanted to try out for the pee-wee leauge.

That was about 26 years ago. They make these things so durable these days, with cf and cnc, i wish my buggies were strong enough to last, i would probly still have them today. I did the slot car thing when i was 12 or so, but the track moved and i was stuck with the car and controler and no where to race it. Getting into helis or planes back then was only for rich kids, i know i could not afford it, so i never even thought about it. Then i moved to the Bahamas with my Dad when i was about 13 and my focus went from toys to musical instruments. I got my first drumset then and never looked back. I now have 5 drum sets, one I got when i was in college in Canada and it still lives in my Moms house.

Helis is going to be my last "thing" that i'll get into that destracts me from the day to day. If my son gets a rc truck or car, yeah i'll get two of'em so we can race, but thats it. I cant afford to get obsessed with upgrading anything else.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:52 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,151 Posts
It Hovers!

It Hovers.mp4 (4 min 2 sec)

Crashed and rebuilt three times, but I'm finally getting the hang of tail-in hover with my V400D02. Unfortunately it's been 20 and 30 below zero outside, so I'm stuck in the living room. Can't wait for spring! In the mean time, I have a Walkera Genius CP and a V120D02 on the way.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:10 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
LOL, for me all it would take right now is a 600 before i would need a lawyer, but i need to feed my addiction somehow...
Ditto, wives don't seem to mix too well with the heli addiction. I get a little contempt but keep my mouth shut and keep on truckin'. I didn't know what response I would get with my HK-600 build but so far wife goes along with it. She can't say too much 'cause I've spent way more on furniture and stuff for her than all my helicopter collection to date.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:49 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,358 Posts
HK US Warehouse

I just got a message that HK has new US warehouse. Does anyone know anything about this?
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member