HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:20 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
284 Posts
Pict's of my V400

Hey guys. I found this really cheap fuselage fo a 400 sized heli and decided to put it on my v400. It was a B@#$H because the fuselage is really big like 450 sized,but with some mods ( installing the tail motor was not easy) I THINK i have it done. I only have pictures and no flights for it is really storming here on the west coast of USA. All in all it was a fun build.
Oh yea got the fuselage from here.
http://www.xheli.com/400sisccafaw.html
Here is my V400 in the fuselage

mdeutschman is online now Find More Posts by mdeutschman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:50 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
I don't think the fuse was designed for a tail motor but good job on that! This looks great!
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:55 AM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
That's pretty slick looking. Nice job.
SteelHeadz is offline Find More Posts by SteelHeadz
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
Hey guys. I found this really cheap fuselage fo a 400 sized heli and decided to put it on my v400. It was a B@#$H because the fuselage is really big like 450 sized,but with some mods ( installing the tail motor was not easy) I THINK i have it done. I only have pictures and no flights for it is really storming here on the west coast of USA. All in all it was a fun build.
Oh yea got the fuselage from here.

Wonderful Job.. ecspecially the part fitting the tail!
that is one futuristic looking fuselage ..
envy u .

Now.. you need 315 / 325mm blade to match the scale...
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:24 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Thanks, and what a smart idea, water bottle, sounds like a body for my v120.
yeah.. and bigger soda bottle.. no problem fitting 400 size heli too
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:43 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
flew my first pack through the v400 in a long time, woohoo!!

After changing out the bearings and just doing full swap of all 3 exi servos with the fusonic servos, it finally seems to be flying good. It still bugs me a little bit that a slight trace of that wobble is still there, but that may just need some gyro gain adjustment.

I was pretty happy to get a full battery though it though My pilot skills have really improved since the last time i flew that one, so i need to adjust the settings. It feels a little unresponsive, so i'll probably increase the servo extension, and decrease the exp. Oh, also the tail gear was a little messed up on one tooth, so i think i'll wait till a new one comes in before flying it too much more, don't want to risk it.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:39 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,000 Posts
Hi Dilberto, good to hear your V400 is back in the air. So, you have gotten rid of the weird vibration, but do you know what caused the vibration?

That fuselage shown above is seriously off the hook!
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
So another V400 is back in the air!

In my search for the exi horns...
the EXI 1123 use the same horns as our D213F and cost 5$ each.
I found a seller that would ship for 15$ to Belgium.
Better than ordering new servo's just for the horns but still a lot of money for 2 inches of plastic.

Lucky shot number 2: To all of you that switchted from EXI to another brand.. please don't throw away the exi horns, I am happy to have them for fair cost.

Happy weekend to all and lots of crashfee airmiles!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:45 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Dilberto, good to hear your V400 is back in the air. So, you have gotten rid of the weird vibration, but do you know what caused the vibration?

That fuselage shown above is seriously off the hook!
Yeah, what was causing the vibration? Just joking
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Hi all..

I just messed up my weekend! (the flying part anyway).

On battery number 3, and a little too sure of myself, the V400 could not recover from the maneuvre I did. I was making left and right turns pretty fast, I could hear the tail motor doing overtime but it was nice until the spin.
Pretty much upside down on the canopy. But I was smart enough to fly in the field a few minutes from the house were the grass is about 30 cm's high but OW SO WET!! haha.

Damage report:
cracked canopy and 2 fixing sets,
bent tailboom but I can fix it; I have the tail boom support
and offcourse... 2 broken exi servo horns and from 1 I can't find the ball link anymore.
So now I had to order new original servo's just for the ball joint and I ordered 10 EXI 1123 plastic gears servo just for the horns.

Happy weekend to all!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:36 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Bever View Post
Hi all..

On battery number 3, and a little too sure of myself, the V400 could not recover from the maneuvre I did. I was making left and right turns pretty fast, I could hear the tail motor doing overtime but it was nice until the spin.
Pretty much upside down on the canopy. But I was smart enough to fly in the field a few minutes from the house were the grass is about 30 cm's high but OW SO WET!! haha.

Damage report:
and offcourse... 2 broken exi servo horns and from 1 I can't find the ball link anymore.
So now I had to order new original servo's just for the ball joint and I ordered 10 EXI 1123 plastic gears servo just for the horns.

Happy weekend to all!
I know how it feels Bart. Welcome to the wonderful world of RC helis
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:44 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Bart, your not alone. I tried to fix my 500 and ended up breaking a part that now needs to be orderd. Thats at least two weekends with no 500 to fly.

Luckily for me i have v400 #2 and with some part swapping can get 450 pro #1 fb in the air tomorrow. Its been really windy down here so i was enjoying the bigger 500. I just hope its not too windy tomorrow.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:45 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
V400d02

Quote:
Hi all..

Damage report:

Happy weekend to all!
Sorry my friend.TRY NOT TO FLY AGGRESSIVELY IF YOU HAVE NO PARTS IN STOCK,Or you will be grounded for a while and for me waiting for parts make me sick. I have parts on stock myself all the time and adding the prices worth to another heli.Stock on parts that's very easy to break.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Old Nov 19, 2011, 03:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Ok, I see I'm not the only one...
All I have left is the small CB100 to keep me busy. but that one is acting weird also and I can't find out the problem. Even with brand new batteries the flight time is just about 2 minutes. It's loosing power and I have no idea where to look.I can only recharge 150mA in the 650mA batterie so it's not empty for sure. Changed main engine but makes no difference. All works well, hands free hoover, but to soon out of juice....

Hope you guy's can spent some more time up there then I do!

I have spares, Everything I broke during the first 2 months I ordered big time bit now I'm breaking things I didn't used to break before. Here I am with
10 tail rotors, 5 sets main blades, 5 tailbooms, 5 tail motors, 5 brand new EXI's without horns,...

I'll make it a quality weekend with wife and kid.. They don't need to know I'm grounded! LOL

Greetz!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 04:03 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
cb100

Quote:
Ok, I see I'm not the only one...
All I have left is the small CB100 to keep me busy. but that one is acting weird also and I can't find out the problem. Even with brand new batteries the flight time is just about 2 minutes. It's loosing power and I have no idea where to look.I can only recharge 150mA in the 650mA batterie so it's not empty for sure. Changed main engine but makes no difference. All works well, hands free hoover, but to soon out of juice....

Hope you guy's can spent some more time up there then I do!

I have spares, Everything I broke during the first 2 months I ordered big time bit now I'm breaking things I didn't used to break before. Here I am with
10 tail rotors, 5 sets main blades, 5 tailbooms, 5 tail motors, 5 brand new EXI's without horns,...

I'll make it a quality weekend with wife and kid.. They don't need to know I'm grounded! LOL

Greetz!
Quality time with the family is the best thing you can do and nothing can replace them and they don't have to know you're grounded but,believe me they can tell !LOL
How long you have that lipo for the CB100 ? Looks like the lipo is your problem and after alot of charges they tend to not hold a longer charge anymore.Did you tried another lipo? Does it drain very quick too?If you can hover it very good,then heli got no problem then.This is base on my own experienced.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100