HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2011, 01:19 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,950 Posts
COCO, this is great stuff! Thank you for sharing your set up!!!
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2011, 02:12 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
Esc

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Oh, cool. Thanks for this. Just to be clear, is it true then that the JST connector in the right-most pic goes directly to the LIPO?
Yes,split the lipo powering both stock v400 esc and the tail bl motor esc.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CO2X 4X4 Rev.02
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:24 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,087 Posts
Here is the 400 all fixed .....again.check out the body, I had the idea to run 2 sheets of laminate thru the laminater. Then i cut it out, and got a body. A FREE body, and very flexible. So im not sure if i can paint it because im sure the paint will chip.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:08 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,087 Posts
Painted!!!yehaw!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:43 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Painted!!!yehaw!
sweet!! post some pics of the paint job if u get a chance.

I finally got my v400 hovering in my garage Brand new servos and bearings, and first time it's hovered with gyro gain in a long time. Still didn't seem to want to hover good over 40% gryo pot gain and had a vibration in the landing gear area though that's still a huge improvement over the 0% gyro it use to take, and i think it'll finally get some air time once the rain clears out of the midwest here...

The fusonic servos seem to work, though more detail to come once i get some good flights in. I did have to turn the receiver around to get the gyros to work, and reverse all the servos in the transmitter. The installation was easy though. I got ahead of myself and hacked one of my servos up but didn't need to do that The servos don't really fit under the frame like the original ones or the exi do. Instead they are a little big and just press up against the frame, so I just had to bend the servo brackets a little bit to get them to fit.

Really a pretty easy mod, just turn the rx around and bend the brackets so they screw into the frame better. Hopefully despite the vibration in the landing gear (checked the screws and it seems secure), I'll be able to get some good flights in and really check out the new servos. oh, reminds me, i need to pm that one guy back who had been having similar issues, not sure if he reads up on this thread and i want to make sure the constant info exchange on this forum keeps on ticking Got my fingers crossed once i get some flights in i'll find that i got this heli working, then i'll be up to 3 big helis up and flying
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:55 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
hi everyone.. glad to hear that everyones 400 doing great..
and thx coco for the update

today.. i just get my latest batch of stuff from china.. this time is faster (last time it took me more than 1 month )..

So now i have some question.. hope you all can help me...

1. i need to solder connectors to the esc i bought... the side that got 3 leads to brushless motor, should i use 3.5mm banana.. or can i use 2mm banana plug? not sure if 2mm banana plug can handle the amp or not

2. i got a brushless motor that going in my v400 after conversion
when turn by hand.. should the motor be extra smooth? or should it feel some resistant like the brush motor? mine got some resistant when turn with hand..
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:25 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
hi everyone.. glad to hear that everyones 400 doing great..
and thx coco for the update

today.. i just get my latest batch of stuff from china.. this time is faster (last time it took me more than 1 month )..

So now i have some question.. hope you all can help me...

1. i need to solder connectors to the esc i bought... the side that got 3 leads to brushless motor, should i use 3.5mm banana.. or can i use 2mm banana plug? not sure if 2mm banana plug can handle the amp or not

2. i got a brushless motor that going in my v400 after conversion
when turn by hand.. should the motor be extra smooth? or should it feel some resistant like the brush motor? mine got some resistant when turn with hand..
Hey sam, about the brushless motor, you should feel some resistance when turning by hand. When turning it, it should feel like it wants to jump to the next spot because of the way the magnets are placed. The motor in my 3gx is so strong that the motor is actually very difficult to turn by hand.

About the 2.5mm banana plug, i'm not too sure about that one. To be safe you should probably use the 3.5, but i bet the 2.5 would be enough. You could potentially use the 2.5 wile you wait for the other ones to arrive. What is the current of your battery, 15c, 20c, etc? As long as you're not using something in the 25 to 30 range, you'd probably be fine at least for a little while.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:52 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Hello all,

Just got my package from Hobbyking, I ordered several servo horn sets, hoping one of them would fit my EXI D213F but too bad... all of them are to big, it was a good effort I guess.
Still nobody could find a spare set? I so, please let me know where you found them.

@Kdean, you have both servo's I remember.. the Hitec horns wouldn't happen to fit the Exi's ?

Thanks!

About the 2.5mm banana plug, I also have it on my V400 with brushless kit, It work just fine, no need to worry.

Greetz!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Last edited by Bart Bever; Nov 16, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:29 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,087 Posts
Thats good that theres another servo option. Glad the 400 is flying again dil.
Ill get a pic as soon as the wind stops . It looks better flying lol.

0 gryo?? Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
sweet!! post some pics of the paint job if u get a chance.

I finally got my v400 hovering in my garage Brand new servos and bearings, and first time it's hovered with gyro gain in a long time. Still didn't seem to want to hover good over 40% gryo pot gain and had a vibration in the landing gear area though that's still a huge improvement over the 0% gyro it use to take, and i think it'll finally get some air time once the rain clears out of the midwest here...

The fusonic servos seem to work, though more detail to come once i get some good flights in. I did have to turn the receiver around to get the gyros to work, and reverse all the servos in the transmitter. The installation was easy though. I got ahead of myself and hacked one of my servos up but didn't need to do that The servos don't really fit under the frame like the original ones or the exi do. Instead they are a little big and just press up against the frame, so I just had to bend the servo brackets a little bit to get them to fit.

Really a pretty easy mod, just turn the rx around and bend the brackets so they screw into the frame better. Hopefully despite the vibration in the landing gear (checked the screws and it seems secure), I'll be able to get some good flights in and really check out the new servos. oh, reminds me, i need to pm that one guy back who had been having similar issues, not sure if he reads up on this thread and i want to make sure the constant info exchange on this forum keeps on ticking Got my fingers crossed once i get some flights in i'll find that i got this heli working, then i'll be up to 3 big helis up and flying
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
Hey bart,

I'll check to see if they fit as soon as i get a chance.

Did you count the little ribs or spleans (i think thats what their called), the number of bumps around the top thingy. Also measure the top metal thingy. With that info, diam of thingy and the number of bumps it has, you should have a better chance finding a match.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Hey sam, about the brushless motor, you should feel some resistance when turning by hand. When turning it, it should feel like it wants to jump to the next spot because of the way the magnets are placed. The motor in my 3gx is so strong that the motor is actually very difficult to turn by hand.

About the 2.5mm banana plug, i'm not too sure about that one. To be safe you should probably use the 3.5, but i bet the 2.5 would be enough. You could potentially use the 2.5 wile you wait for the other ones to arrive. What is the current of your battery, 15c, 20c, etc? As long as you're not using something in the 25 to 30 range, you'd probably be fine at least for a little while.

Thanks dilberto..
now i using stock battery.. but planing to order some between 20C to 30C..

and the motor.. feels exactly like what you describe..

now i have no time to solder up everything yet

i have some 40A ESC arriving too.. although i wont using such high amp i just uprate it for safety ..

And i have order couple of cheap TP SG90 servo too
and since they using plastic gear.. i order many packs of gear spare too
they are.. < a bucks each set...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Here is the 400 all fixed .....again.check out the body, I had the idea to run 2 sheets of laminate thru the laminater. Then i cut it out, and got a body. A FREE body, and very flexible. So im not sure if i can paint it because im sure the paint will chip.

wow.. finally the picture open
my connection having strange problem lately
until today only manage to see your picture

Very nice canopy!! man i love the idea of laminate
flexible and strong..

i have seen some china ppl making canopy from plastic bottles too... lol
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:09 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
Bart,

they dont fit. The exi's have a bigger diam hole.

Have you searched the internet with this matter? i'm sure someone else in the world has been looking for relpacement arms for the 213f servos.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:27 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Hey bart,

I'll check to see if they fit as soon as i get a chance.

Did you count the little ribs or spleans (i think thats what their called), the number of bumps around the top thingy. Also measure the top metal thingy. With that info, diam of thingy and the number of bumps it has, you should have a better chance finding a match.
Hi Kdean,

I measure 4,4 mm diameter of the top metal thingy and I tried counting the splines but they are so small I'm not 100% sure but I think there are 24.
Don't worry, If you count 23 or 25 I'll still order them! haha

Thanks allready!

Bart

*** EDIT***
Sorry, laptop was still open on this page but haven't refreshed so I didn't noticed your reply...
Thanks for checking anyway!

I found 1 replacement set on hobbypartz but not in stock and 25$ shipment + 10$ import customs...

I'll keep looking and if I find something I'll report back here.
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Nov 17, 2011, 04:27 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,087 Posts
Thanks, and what a smart idea, water bottle, sounds like a body for my v120.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
wow.. finally the picture open
my connection having strange problem lately
until today only manage to see your picture

Very nice canopy!! man i love the idea of laminate
flexible and strong..

i have seen some china ppl making canopy from plastic bottles too... lol