HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2011, 08:09 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
That's a EXI-31134 ,plastic canopy from Xheli.com/Hobbypartz.I painted it myself.Thanks for liking it !!!
very nice job on painting it..
is the row on side the canopy.. LED?
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:01 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hmmmm, nobody seems to have the brushless Walkera ESC or high-speed signal converter for the brushless tail in stock. So, now I am wondering, why not use the same type of signal converter and ESC that we used for the main for the tail? Come to think of it, I think I remember Kdean mentioning that such a configuration led to a slower tail response, but I cannot remember for sure.

I don't know, guys, I'm kind of daydreaming about just going ahead and building a CopterX 450 or an EXI 450 clone . . .
There is a high speed convertor called "the stevechip". I got one from wow hobbies. It can plug directly into the rx once you add a standard servo plug with only the signal wire/pin installed. Easy to do, with one of your old servo connections.

As soon as I get some servos for #1, I'll set up the turnigy brushless tail motor, 10a esc, and stevechip. COCO now has me looking for a HURC motor to try.....
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:23 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
There is a high speed convertor called "the stevechip". I got one from wow hobbies. It can plug directly into the rx once you add a standard servo plug with only the signal wire/pin installed. Easy to do, with one of your old servo connections.

As soon as I get some servos for #1, I'll set up the turnigy brushless tail motor, 10a esc, and stevechip. COCO now has me looking for a HURC motor to try.....
Looks like RTF-Heli is coming out with a V400 tail bl. mod soon.I'm interested on what ESC they are using and what configuration.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:15 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
very nice job on painting it..
is the row on side the canopy.. LED?
...not LED,that's a row of small stainless steel screws for added design...Harley Davidson style
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:39 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:

Hi Kdean, I just want to make sure I'm clear about what you're saying. Do you mean that the stevechip plugs into the Rx on one end and then the other end plugs into a brushless ESC that is dedicated to the tail motor?

Also, do you know what would happen if the regular signal converter was used for the tail motor? Would the response just be too slow?
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:58 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
...not LED,that's a row of small stainless steel screws for added design...Harley Davidson style
nice design..
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Nov 04, 2011, 01:24 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Has anybody tried these fusonic cyclic servos?

http://www.wowhobbies.com/fusonic_mg...clicservo.aspx

I've read decent things about the fusonic brand and these are a fair amount cheaper than the mg hitecs, so i'm thinking about getting them (also i'm about to place an order with wow and they don't even have the hitecs...)
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:07 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Hi Kdean, I just want to make sure I'm clear about what you're saying. Do you mean that the stevechip plugs into the Rx on one end and then the other end plugs into a brushless ESC that is dedicated to the tail motor?

Also, do you know what would happen if the regular signal converter was used for the tail motor? Would the response just be too slow?
yep, stevechip signal wire to rx rudder port, and the other end to the brushless tail esc. Also a power split to power the tail esc. I used a jst connection from a burnt stock esc, and an extra tail motor wire i had.

I tried it with a regular sig conv. and it could not keep up with the quick changes of throttle that the tail motor needs.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:09 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Has anybody tried these fusonic cyclic servos?

http://www.wowhobbies.com/fusonic_mg...clicservo.aspx

I've read decent things about the fusonic brand and these are a fair amount cheaper than the mg hitecs, so i'm thinking about getting them (also i'm about to place an order with wow and they don't even have the hitecs...)
I was looking at those as well, but have no money in the heli fund. If you try a set let us know how they are....
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:35 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
yep, stevechip signal wire to rx rudder port, and the other end to the brushless tail esc. Also a power split to power the tail esc. I used a jst connection from a burnt stock esc, and an extra tail motor wire i had.

I tried it with a regular sig conv. and it could not keep up with the quick changes of throttle that the tail motor needs.
Hi Kdean, thanks for clarifying. Yes, I thought you mentioned that the tail could not keep up when using a regular signal converter. I'm looking forward to seeing your final set up.

Meanwhile, guys I pulled the trigger on this flybarless 450 Pro clone:

http://www.clubheli.com/450-PRO-Clon...um_p_3567.html

I plan to build this one slowly & carefully whilst frequently flying my V400.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:48 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
U will love the power of the 450 ! Once u get it built!
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2011, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Just picked one of these up for next to nothing but the servos are done.

Does anyone know of a direct drop in that fits without modification?

I know of the EXI but don't want to mess around trying to adapt it.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 04, 2011, 08:56 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
I use the Hitec 5055 mg servos. They have been thru a blade strike and a wreck into a shed, and are still going strong.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:33 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Hi Kdean, thanks for clarifying. Yes, I thought you mentioned that the tail could not keep up when using a regular signal converter. I'm looking forward to seeing your final set up.

Meanwhile, guys I pulled the trigger on this flybarless 450 Pro clone:

http://www.clubheli.com/450-PRO-Clon...um_p_3567.html

I plan to build this one slowly & carefully whilst frequently flying my V400.
yeah, like bigge said, the power of the 450 can be intimidating at first, but lots of fun.

The best thing about these frames is durability. They can take a hit, and the little parts that do break are easy to find and cheap.

What elecs are you going to use? Are you going with a 2702v rx?
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I use the Hitec 5055 mg servos. They have been thru a blade strike and a wreck into a shed, and are still going strong.
They look pretty sweet.

Do these just drop in? No receiver reversal, resoldering of the servo, et al?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)