HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:29 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,287 Posts
Whats a damn tree doing in a park anyways??!. Sorry to hear that ,
Rebuild better! Maybe if more people sent xtreme an email , they would really make us a frame , but we would all have to send emails, they never answered mine.
I hit the house with my v120 yesterday , knicked both blades but i never crashed. I love that thing. Just replaced blades . I love foamies also

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Well I just crashed my V400d at the park. Dang it, I was doing so good. First crash in a long time. I just got to high(12') and hit a low branch of a tree. tor up the main gear bent upper fram so I got 2 of those to double up on it. Broke the tail support (of corse). Oh well, All I can do is fix it and be more careful in the future. Maybe I'll just go to the soccer field when I fly this one.
Dang it, it didn't have to happen
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:40 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Thanks Men, I think i'm getting there. And i'm sorry about the questions!

Here are some pictures of my stabiliser in relation to the swash at different throttles. Am I right in thinking that the middle pic at 50% throttle has the stabiliser at about 80 degrees? I can turn the main gear without binding at all these levels and do full cyclic without binding.

Do they look right?
You must be sooo confused right now on how to set your V400. looks like everybody has a slightly different settings and the main reason is that we have different taste and different style of flying and we set it the way we like the way it fly.
You will get there and you will learn alot.When frustrated,put it aside and come back later.
Lastly,make sure all servos are working good before doing the set-up.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x tesla one
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
You must be sooo confused right now on how to set your V400. looks like everybody has a slightly different settings and the main reason is that we have different taste and different style of flying and we set it the way we like the way it fly.
You will get there and you will learn alot.When frustrated,put it aside and come back later.
Yeah will do. Thanks for the PM btw, and thanks to those who are bearing with me and feeding me some good information.

I think now, the best thing to do is wait for my exi servos, fit them, setup to the best of my knowledge, and get to that flying club for some experts to test fly it.

Thanks for all your help, Gurus. I hope I can repay the favour one day.
Purple Aki is offline Find More Posts by Purple Aki
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:47 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
Cooling Scoop

Here are some pictures of my canopy with enlarged opening and cooling scoop made of aluminum tape. I used the cable ties so the scoop wouldn't come unglued.

I haven't tested this. I don't suppose heat is much of an issue with outside air anywhere from 30 to 60 degrees F. Don't know if the scoop would do any good in 95 degree air. I think that pretty much hastens the demise of a motor no matter what you do.

I guess to test it, I would need to fly for a fixed time like five minutes. Measure the motor temperature immediately after flying with the scoop and without the scoop. The two test flights would probably need to start with a cold motor.

I might do that but I'm satisfied with it for now. It seemed like the motor was cooler to the touch this morning but I was flying in 47 degree air.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:47 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Yeah will do. Thanks for the PM btw, and thanks to those who are bearing with me and feeding me some good information.

I think now, the best thing to do is wait for my exi servos, fit them, setup to the best of my knowledge, and get to that flying club for some experts to test fly it.

Thanks for all your help, Gurus. I hope I can repay the favour one day.
once you get a little better you can return the favor by helping the next poor sap who gets addicted to this hobby and inevitably gets into a bind Working together we can make sure we all stay addicted to helis looking for our next "fix"
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:12 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
I can't add much to this very good advice. Going to the flying field sounds like a great idea.

After I installed my HiTec HS-65MG metal gear analog servos, everything changed. Start with a level swashplate. Make sure blades are balanced. Tighten blades as per this link:
Day 1 Part 3 - Blade Grip Torque (3 min 38 sec)
! Set zero pitch exactly the same on both blades.

"Little Blade 400" this guy has been there done that and I suppose what I call my "big heli" will take a back seat after I get my HK-600GT going. He is 100% correct when he says your heli will vibrate a bit until it spools up and the blades find their centers. I was setting mine much looser and got almost no vibration. I like the way things operate better with tighter blade grips.

Anyway, if you haven't checked out this web site, you need to. http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/index.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:23 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Whats a damn tree doing in a park anyways??!. Sorry to hear that ,
Rebuild better! Maybe if more people sent xtreme an email , they would really make us a frame , but we would all have to send emails, they never answered mine.
I hit the house with my v120 yesterday , knicked both blades but i never crashed. I love that thing. Just replaced blades . I love foamies also
I'm going to talk to the Head of Parks and see about getting some of those trees removed. You think they would realize there's people trying to fly helis there.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:48 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I'm going to talk to the Head of Parks and see about getting some of those trees removed. You think they would realize there's people trying to fly helis there.
The parks people must be all confused here, they planted more trees... After they're finished with yours maybe they can come over and remove these too
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
This are two pictures of my V400D02 with FULL BRUSHLESS MOTORS.
I have countless flights on it already.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:39 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Very cool looking!

Do you have a link to the upgrade?

That tail motor looks very interesting. Are you using stock ESC to power the motor?

Thanks - Jack
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
For sale : Wk-2603 tx

I'm using the WK-2801 PRO on my V400D02 and I don't really need this TX anymore. Selling this for $ 40.00 plus shipping depending where you are. Paypal only.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:38 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
very cool v400 u have there...
how u make the aftermarket canopy fit the original canopy-holder..
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:40 AM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
very cool v400 u have there...
how u make the aftermarket canopy fit the original canopy-holder..
By trying to fit the aftermarket canopy into the V400,make sure it fit securely then mark it and poke a hole and used rubber grommets to secure it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:36 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
By trying to fit the aftermarket canopy into the V400,make sure it fit securely then mark it and poke a hole and used rubber grommets to secure it.
thanks for the info...
i will find some rubber grommets for my heli too

btw really nice v400 u have there
with direct drive tail and brushless main
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Nov 01, 2011, 03:58 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,287 Posts
Does anyone need a coaxial mini? Real cheap .with spares. Perfect Indoor fun flyer. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:L:LCA:US:1123
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie