Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:27 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,958 Posts
The 2801 will definitely help you tone down the V400's power. The 2801 gives you complete control.

I don't recommend using a swash once it has separated--too dangerous.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:31 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,958 Posts
Just curious, has anyone tried using the swash for a Blade 400 in the V400? I saw this somewhere on YouTube, and it looked pretty well crafted & solid.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:45 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
The 2801 will let you set your throttle curves. The motor on my brushless v400 is overpowered & I've dialed mine throttle curve to a max of 40%.
Hope that helps.
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:52 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Bever View Post
I have my CB100 flying around and I can land it anywere in the house.. I know how to handle it.
The problem is that the V400 has to much power (RTF kit) and I don't know how to setup the WK2603 to an easy comfortable setting.

I had my second swashplate pop out today but I could click it back in, is it safe to keep this one? Are there upgrades swashplates?

If my V400 can not be tempered, what would you guys recommand next to my CB100 ? I want a solid midsized outdoor bird to.

And can anyone confirm that the WK2801 can help me with finding better (softer) settingthat will suit my beginners flightexperiance?

Another quick one, does anyone know if you can buy the servo arms seperatly for the EXI 213F sevo's? one broke of, servo is still good. Lucky I had 4 but I don't want to order complete servos if only the arm break.

Anyway, the bird is in the box for at least a week. Time for me to cool down and order the needed spares.

thanks again all.
Please, I'm not trying to counter what anybody else says. When my swash seperated, I used super glue and SNAPPED it back together. The nexzt crash it came apart again. Used more super glue and snapped it back together. Been that way for close to 200 flights now.
When I switched to brushless I used a 2750kv motor rather that the 3700kv that comes with RTF kit. I'm still using the 2603 and the same settings that it had for brushed motor. Just got back from dog walk/ heli fly, and got to say my V400d flies great! 7min and had 11.6 volts left with gensace 1550 25c batt. After hearing about all the crashes, I did try any thing fancy at all.
Oh, one more thing about TX. If you want to try any stunts in the future I think the 2801 is a must to get it set up right IMO.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:01 PM
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Please, I'm not trying to counter what anybody else says. When my swash seperated, I used super glue and SNAPPED it back together. The nexzt crash it came apart again. Used more super glue and snapped it back together. Been that way for close to 200 flights now.
When I switched to brushless I used a 2750kv motor rather that the 3700kv that comes with RTF kit. I'm still using the 2603 and the same settings that it had for brushed motor. Just got back from dog walk/ heli fly, and got to say my V400d flies great! 7min and had 11.6 volts left with gensace 1550 25c batt. After hearing about all the crashes, I did try any thing fancy at all.
No problem Barnstorm, that's the purpose of the forum. I've seen the swash separate in flight making the heli uncontrollable due to vibrations. I would consider the cost of blades, gears, shaft & upper frame against the cost of a new swashplate & play it safe.

I say your post on the 2750 kv motor. What motor is it? Where'd you get it?
I think my current motor would work if I could find an 11 or 12p pinion with the correct pitch. Haven't found one so far
Old Oct 04, 2011, 03:50 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
No problem Barnstorm, that's the purpose of the forum. I've seen the swash separate in flight making the heli uncontrollable due to vibrations. I would consider the cost of blades, gears, shaft & upper frame against the cost of a new swashplate & play it safe.

I say your post on the 2750 kv motor. What motor is it? Where'd you get it?
I think my current motor would work if I could find an 11 or 12p pinion with the correct pitch. Haven't found one so far
Hi dgibbons, You didn't say that the swash you saw separate was properly super glued. When I saw how tight the swash fit back together I thought that super glue would be the perfect bonding compound. I think its stronger with a super glued swash than it was oringinally.
The motor I used was a Dynam E-razor 450 motor at hobbypartz. I tried it in my Blueray and saw how under powered it was. I can't remember where I got the pinion gear but it was a 16t 64p and I'm glad I didn't get a 15 or 17t pinion gear. I works perfect like it is.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 04:17 PM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,091 Posts
G'Day Guys,

Me again with another issue, I swear this bird is heading for the bin shortly. Well installed my brushless system on the weekend, tidied up the wiring checked every thing secure and we were good to go. Got home yesterday and got ready to launch, everything bound correctly and she spooled up to about one third throttle then wound her self back down to a stop red light flashing on the rx. Powered her down tried again same result, what have I done wrong this time? One day would be nice to see this bird lift off so I can experience the joy of a major crash.

Cheers
Trelos
Trelos05 is online now Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Oct 04, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Which esc are you using for your brushless?

Sounds like you need to set the throttle limits on your esc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos05 View Post
G'Day Guys,

Me again with another issue, I swear this bird is heading for the bin shortly. Well installed my brushless system on the weekend, tidied up the wiring checked every thing secure and we were good to go. Got home yesterday and got ready to launch, everything bound correctly and she spooled up to about one third throttle then wound her self back down to a stop red light flashing on the rx. Powered her down tried again same result, what have I done wrong this time? One day would be nice to see this bird lift off so I can experience the joy of a major crash.

Cheers
Trelos
Old Oct 04, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Hey barnstorm,

No, it wasn't superglued.
I'm glad the swashplate is working for you.

Thanks for the tip on the motor. I may try that.
I have the robinson racing 64p 16t pinion.

QUOTE=barnstorm100;19502736]Hi dgibbons, You didn't say that the swash you saw separate was properly super glued. When I saw how tight the swash fit back together I thought that super glue would be the perfect bonding compound. I think its stronger with a super glued swash than it was oringinally.
The motor I used was a Dynam E-razor 450 motor at hobbypartz. I tried it in my Blueray and saw how under powered it was. I can't remember where I got the pinion gear but it was a 16t 64p and I'm glad I didn't get a 15 or 17t pinion gear. I works perfect like it is.[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 04, 2011, 04:58 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
List of parts

Walkera 10A T esc
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-lm400-z...1-1-1-1-1.aspx

Turnigy 2211-1700 bl motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1700kv.html

5x5 prop (these can be found almost everywhere that sells rc plane props)

Extention wire 22awg (i got mine from tower hobbies but you could buy it localy to save time and shipping cost)

Motor X mount (may be needed to properly mount to stock fin. Not hard to find, like the props)

2mm bullet conections x3 (The motor comes with these, but you may want to put connections on both sides of the extention for easier deconstruction)

JST connection for power to esc (cut from stock motor and esc)
Can you please show me the link of this V400D02 with the tail brushless mod flying or in action,Thanks Kdean !!!
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:22 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
After catching up with this forum i would have to say that i'm so sorry to hear everyone's misfortunes on their birds. While STILL waiting for parts, i was digging in my parts box and found a used walkera brushed motor(Light bulb turned on) i went and got busy and installed in on my V400/9050. After setting up the gear mesh and a few quick servo and link test i took it outside to fly. Before it was able to leave the ground, the motor decelerated and a poof of smoke came out of the last motor i have. Back to being bummed. On a different note, a few weeks back i purchased a V450 flybarless head assembly. Looking at it in comparison to the V400Fbl head, it looks identical except for a couple of mm difference.. Just thought i'd share that.
SteelHeadz is offline Find More Posts by SteelHeadz
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:41 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
well today is another raining day here..
gosh its been like this continuously for ... 4 days already...
havent fully try out my 'water-break-in' motor yet
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:46 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Can you please show me the link of this V400D02 with the tail brushless mod flying or in action,Thanks Kdean !!!
I have not seen it in action. But as soon as heli biggie get his together, i'm sure he'll post a visual confirmation that this system will work. I am very confident with it working, as i was close to achieving stable flight with the elite 380 (way to powerful for a tail) motor.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 04, 2011, 09:34 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,776 Posts
I have a question to anybody. I know its easy, but just learning about brushless motors. I know what the Kv stands for but what is the 4 digit number in front of the Kv number. Like 2200-4400Kv I think it has to do with number of poles and how many wraps are on each one and gauge of wire.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 09:41 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I have a question to anybody. I know its easy, but just learning about brushless motors. I know what the Kv stands for but what is the 4 digit number in front of the Kv number. Like 2200-4400Kv I think it has to do with number of poles and how many wraps are on each one and gauge of wire.
i have the same question too!
some say, it is the rpm... but i have doubts on that
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741