HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:30 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Well, the stock motor's shaft size is 2.3mm whereas the HBFP motor is 2.0mm. So, you'll be needing a new pinion gear. After a super quick search, I found some pinions at:

http://www.venom-group.com/search.asp?txtkey=pinion
I looked at some of those gears but I don't see shaft and pitch specs. Is this Extreme motor shaft size the same as stock HBFP motor?
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:53 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,949 Posts
Oh, sorry for not being more specific. If you look at the third row of pinions (i.e., 11T through 16T pinions), you'll see in the title that they're for 2.0mm shaft and the pitch is 0.4Mod, which, if memory serves, is what we want for the V400's main gear.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Sep 01, 2011, 02:06 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,742 Posts
Hey Thanks, I asked Dustin at Heliheli and he said he didn't know if the motor was going to be powerful enough for the V400. He said he will have tried it by Friday and lets us know. He also said that he would be getting some pinion gears in and sell it as a set.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:28 AM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Hi, I think the Australian dollar is almost 1 to 1 with the US dollar. If that's the case than this looks like it's a little cheaper than going through rtf-heli. The brushless setup and the tail boom would cost over 100usd shipped from rtf-heli, and I those exi servos (which I believe rtf heli sells the same at a high mark-up), cost about 8usd each on other websites. So, in my opinion I think getting them all together for that price is probably better than you will find most other places.
Cheers mate ended up buying this and a spare transmitter from the same guy. Heap of spares apparently so all in all a good deal. The other bird I bought off Fleeybay arrived with servo's etc in a bag, anyone got a decent pic on how they mount to the airframe, and where they plug in correctly? Better go fly the 9053 to keep my hours up.

Cheers Guys and Hi from Aus.....G'Day
Trelos05 is offline Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Sep 01, 2011, 10:50 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Hey Thanks, I asked Dustin at Heliheli and he said he didn't know if the motor was going to be powerful enough for the V400. He said he will have tried it by Friday and lets us know. He also said that he would be getting some pinion gears in and sell it as a set.
Interesting. The HeliHeli page is currently advertising this motor as being more powerful that the stock brushed motor. At any rate, I hope it all works out. Had I not already converted brushless, I would definitely buy this motor or some other equivalent.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:07 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelHeadz View Post
I figured it out. Here's some pics of my project.
nice!
cant wait to see few videos

So now you can take your double horse out
and amaze other people when you perform 3d trick...
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:22 AM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
nice!
cant wait to see few videos

So now you can take your double horse out
and amaze other people when you perform 3d trick...
LOL, i'm by far from being a 3D flyer. I still have a lot to learn in flying. I use to fly large scale airplanes in my 20's though.
SteelHeadz is offline Find More Posts by SteelHeadz
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:34 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos05 View Post
Cheers mate ended up buying this and a spare transmitter from the same guy. Heap of spares apparently so all in all a good deal. The other bird I bought off Fleeybay arrived with servo's etc in a bag, anyone got a decent pic on how they mount to the airframe, and where they plug in correctly? Better go fly the 9053 to keep my hours up.

Cheers Guys and Hi from Aus.....G'Day
G'day mate (i can hear the Aus accent when i read your post )

About where the servos plug in, the back right servo plugs into your receiver in the aileron spot (aile or something like that on the rx), the back left servo is the pitch (pit) and the elevator (elv) is the one that is in the front on this helicopter.

The aileron and pitch make the swashplate (and the whole heli when it's in the air) tilt left and right, and the elevator makes the swashplate tilt forward and backward. Depending on your servos you might need to switch the aileron and pitch to get it to work right. The wire routing can more or less be done however you want as long as you keep them from getting caught in anything while flying, but the stock way of doing it is routing all the servo wires smashed between the frame and the elevator servo, and then through a metal and a plastic wire holder until they get to the rx.

About pictures how they attach, i'm in china right now so i don't have my heli with me (darn jetlag still has me getting up before dawn, 12 hour time difference is a b-), but I find that xheli.com has good pictures that I refer to sometimes when I need it. If you look for the v400 on that website and scroll down they have quite a few close up pictures. Also, I know there are already some pictures on this thread, and I think there is a way that you can view all the pictures on the thread but i've never tried it. Also, kdean has in his blog a write up on installing the hitech servos, which may help get you started.

I'm surprised that the servos came in a bag when you bought the bird. Is it the v400d02? I haven't seen anybody else saying that theirs did. Maybe you got it a little cheaper that way though

good luck and take it slow. Oh, and like i tell anybody who first buys the v400, learn from my mistake and don't flip the top right switch on the transmitter with your heli sitting peacefully on the ground. It'll destroy your bird, your self, or your if indoors, all of your breakable items when the heli shoots across the room (I was in my garage when i did it, there's still a hole in the drywall....)
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:14 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,086 Posts
Its getting closer, im half way there waiting on motor and prop. Gege has been great at giving me pics and directions. I hope it all works.

Nice tail boom steel. I may need one of those if i ever wreck the stock one . Whats the weight difference ?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,742 Posts
Hey Heli Biggie, does that plug into the wires from stock esc or do you plug it in directly to the RX?
Old Sep 01, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
G'day mate (i can hear the Aus accent when i read your post )

About where the servos plug in, the back right servo plugs into your receiver in the aileron spot (aile or something like that on the rx), the back left servo is the pitch (pit) and the elevator (elv) is the one that is in the front on this helicopter.

The aileron and pitch make the swashplate (and the whole heli when it's in the air) tilt left and right, and the elevator makes the swashplate tilt forward and backward. Depending on your servos you might need to switch the aileron and pitch to get it to work right. The wire routing can more or less be done however you want as long as you keep them from getting caught in anything while flying, but the stock way of doing it is routing all the servo wires smashed between the frame and the elevator servo, and then through a metal and a plastic wire holder until they get to the rx.

About pictures how they attach, i'm in china right now so i don't have my heli with me (darn jetlag still has me getting up before dawn, 12 hour time difference is a b-), but I find that xheli.com has good pictures that I refer to sometimes when I need it. If you look for the v400 on that website and scroll down they have quite a few close up pictures. Also, I know there are already some pictures on this thread, and I think there is a way that you can view all the pictures on the thread but i've never tried it. Also, kdean has in his blog a write up on installing the hitech servos, which may help get you started.

I'm surprised that the servos came in a bag when you bought the bird. Is it the v400d02? I haven't seen anybody else saying that theirs did. Maybe you got it a little cheaper that way though

good luck and take it slow. Oh, and like i tell anybody who first buys the v400, learn from my mistake and don't flip the top right switch on the transmitter with your heli sitting peacefully on the ground. It'll destroy your bird, your self, or your if indoors, all of your breakable items when the heli shoots across the room (I was in my garage when i did it, there's still a hole in the drywall....)

good day dilberto
since you at china, you can grab some parts for v400
It is cheaper there ..
Old Sep 01, 2011, 10:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelHeadz View Post
LOL, i'm by far from being a 3D flyer. I still have a lot to learn in flying. I use to fly large scale airplanes in my 20's though.
LOL.. but still people will be amaze... of a 6ch heli inside a double horse frame...
Old Sep 02, 2011, 03:54 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
good day dilberto
since you at china, you can grab some parts for v400
It is cheaper there ..
hey sam, I found a store that sells helicopters, but they only had one walkera type and it was an older type. I asked them if they could get me another v400 and he said he'd look into it and check with his vendor. I plan on heading back up there in a day or two to see if he's made any progress on that and how much it would be. In my head I already have a max price i'm willing to pay. Also, that's a good idea you have there, I should see if I can find some cheap spares while i'm at it It's a little difficult though between his very broken english and my very broken chinese, but we manage to communicate I might also wander around a bit this weekend if i'm not working too much and see if I can find some other heli stores.

This little helicopter store is actually the same one that a few years ago I first bought my tiny 3ch coaxial heli from and learned how to fly in my hotel room (then went and immediately bought three more ). That's pretty much what got me started on the helicopters, though it took a while between then and the time I decided to go full out and get the 6ch. Since i bought those little ones a while ago, this store has expanded and I noticed they have a bigger selection, so maybe he can get me a good deal on another v400 or some spare parts. Most of what they have are the coaxial helis, but they do have a few 4 and 6ch. I saw some of the double horse helis there that i've heard so much about on this forum. Those are big for a coaxial! I'm use to those tiny coaxials I have.

Oh, steelheadz, when you're done with your project do you mind summing up the cost of converting the double horse? I'd be interested in that, cause the double horse themselves are pretty cheap, and looks like it makes for a good project
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:14 AM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
hey sam, I found a store that sells helicopters, but they only had one walkera type and it was an older type. I asked them if they could get me another v400 and he said he'd look into it and check with his vendor. I plan on heading back up there in a day or two to see if he's made any progress on that and how much it would be. In my head I already have a max price i'm willing to pay. Also, that's a good idea you have there, I should see if I can find some cheap spares while i'm at it It's a little difficult though between his very broken english and my very broken chinese, but we manage to communicate I might also wander around a bit this weekend if i'm not working too much and see if I can find some other heli stores.

This little helicopter store is actually the same one that a few years ago I first bought my tiny 3ch coaxial heli from and learned how to fly in my hotel room (then went and immediately bought three more ). That's pretty much what got me started on the helicopters, though it took a while between then and the time I decided to go full out and get the 6ch. Since i bought those little ones a while ago, this store has expanded and I noticed they have a bigger selection, so maybe he can get me a good deal on another v400 or some spare parts. Most of what they have are the coaxial helis, but they do have a few 4 and 6ch. I saw some of the double horse helis there that i've heard so much about on this forum. Those are big for a coaxial! I'm use to those tiny coaxials I have.

Oh, steelheadz, when you're done with your project do you mind summing up the cost of converting the double horse? I'd be interested in that, cause the double horse themselves are pretty cheap, and looks like it makes for a good project
hi dilberto,
that is cool... the shop that get you started in flying heli
did the shop owner recognize u ?

In my country, parts for v400 cost 2x the price we can get at china (after currency conversion too), so getting it there should be a good deal.

out of topic a while,
Double horse coax are big.. there are bigger too, i think FXD brand
the biggest coaxial i saw is about 4 foot long, but is a bit out-of-portion with the blade that is not so big.. but it do fly ..

I think you could get a doublehorse for your project
sounds like a good project .. cause their frame seems quite tough

btw may i ask which state and city you are currently at china?