SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:33 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,386 Posts
I got knocked off by the Canada Post Strike/Lockout whatever, haven't done much since.

The stock ESC is for both head and tail. Not sure what black wire you are talking about.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:28 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Im talking about post #1720. The french connection bl tail. There seems to be two different versions of the wk 10a t esc. One has only the red and white wires going to the rx, and the other has all three wires, red, white, and black. No big deal, just strange.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:53 AM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
voila
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:57 AM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
fil blanc en haut et à gauche branché sur le récepteur et fil rouge coupé.
white wire at the top and left plugged into the receiver and cut thread.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:00 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gegedampleux View Post
voila

i not understand.. of having 2 brushed ESC.....
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:06 AM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
L' esc du haut est pour le moteur de l 'anti-couple( arrière)
celui du bas, pour le moteur principal, on ne peu pas encore le supprimer, le rx2614 en a encore besoin pour fonctionner.

The esc at the top is for the l engine ' tail (rear)
one down, for the main engine, were not little yet delete it, the rx2614 still has need for work.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:30 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,000 Posts
Hi Gegedampleux,

Thank you for sharing your brushless tail mod and for posting some pictures. Also, thank you for your advice about the Esky main motor -- it is working for me very well.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:33 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
wow, thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions guys!

I think you might be onto something navigator with the rx gyros being out of wack after the last crash. The wobble did seem a little extreme for just the frame to be causing that. I had been thinking about getting the tail boom support anyway, so I will just try that first when it gets here.

For the main shaft bearings, when i was rebuilding the heli I had checked on those and they seemed ok to me (where as my 450 needs new ones). I do have an extra set for the 400, so If I end up taking it apart again i'll install those too. One thing that I didn't replace during my last rebuild was the feathering shaft. Although the align 450 feathering shaft seemed to be the right size, I couldn't get the screws to fit (I think the thread shape is different). I had checked the old feathering shaft by rolling it against a brand new align shaft, and it seemed perfectly straight, so I doubt that's the issue. I'm tempted to just disassemble the whole heli and reassemble it to see if that helps get me a mystery fix...

About the servos barnstorm, i have the exi servos and I just had to make a few modifications to them to get them to fit the v400. I am not sure where people have been getting new brackets from to get the servos to fit (or just making their own), but I found modifying the servos wasn't too bad, just took a little bit of time. If my tail bracket doesn't help then i'll try new servos.

kdean, i did try adjusting the balance delay on the rx. Based on my experience with setting up my 450, i thought that turning up the delay might help, but unfortunately it didn't seem to make a difference that I could tell. I tried positive and negative.

wasp, i get what you are saying about dampening the vibrations on the rx/gyro (and how if its at the resonance frequency the problem will compound on itself - guess i did learn something from my engineering degree after all ). I tried putting a different foam under the rx, but that didn't seem to help too much. I have ordered some gel that says it's suppose to be good for this, so I'll also try that when it gets here.

If none of these things work, before I order a new rx, i'm just going to order a whole new v400 and start swapping out parts until I find the problem child. If at that time it does turn out to be the rx, then i'll order a new rx for the first v400 and then enjoy having 2 v400s
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:12 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,386 Posts
Dilberto,

If we keep the RX completely off the frame and spin up the heli, do we have wobbling at all? (You have to find something to secure the heli and don't get hurt!)

Is the vibration bad with the RX not mounted on the frame at all?

My ebay 450 was really bad just with the motor running with no blades main nor tail. At one time I even removed the head and swashplate. It turned out had something to do with the autorotation/tail gear.

Kdean,

I still don't understand what we are talking about. Why would we have another brushed ESC in the picture?

Would it be cheaper to use a 2612V or 2618V to go double BL than adding another brushed walkera ESC?

Cheers,
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:16 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,000 Posts
Hi Dilberto,

The thing that makes me think about the Rx is that your wobble doesn't seem rythmic (even though the underlying vibration is), and what I recall hearing from the xheli.com video. Oh, and also the fact that you've checked everything else there is available to check.

Some thoughts: My frame has noticeable flex between the upper and lower portions, but it doesn't affect flying. I think my top main shaft bearing is going bad as there is a noticeable amount of play between the shaft and the bearing, but it doesn't seem to affect the heli's stability while flying. I have a wicked vibration/wobble while still on the ground at about one quarter stick, which promptly goes away as the throttle is increased. If left unchecked, this wobble would dump the heli over and strike the blades on the concrete, but it appears to have no effect on stability during flying. Maybe this is due to play in the main bearing?

My point is, this heli has a lot of issues, and the gyro is able to compensate for all of them. You have what seems like a small vibration, and your gyro is all over the place. In absense of any other evidence, the above makes me suspect your Rx.

When you did your hand-held, bladeless flight, did you turn up the gyro and observe the swash tilting as you moved the heli about? Did you switch the Rx to ADJ mode to see if the vibration feels the same when the gyro is offline?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:20 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Wasp, I haven't tried spinning up the heli on the bench with the blades, but that might be something worth a shot. I figure just duct tape it to the garage floor or something like that? then i could try with and without the rx attached and see if there is a difference. I tried running the heli in my hand and on the bench without the blades, and I can't really find anything wrong....
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:37 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Dilberto,

The thing that makes me think about the Rx is that your wobble doesn't seem rythmic (even though the underlying vibration is), and what I recall hearing from the xheli.com video. Oh, and also the fact that you've checked everything else there is available to check.

Some thoughts: My frame has noticeable flex between the upper and lower portions, but it doesn't affect flying. I think my top main shaft bearing is going bad as there is a noticeable amount of play between the shaft and the bearing, but it doesn't seem to affect the heli's stability while flying. I have a wicked vibration/wobble while still on the ground at about one quarter stick, which promptly goes away as the throttle is increased. If left unchecked, this wobble would dump the heli over and strike the blades on the concrete, but it appears to have no effect on stability during flying. Maybe this is due to play in the main bearing?

My point is, this heli has a lot of issues, and the gyro is able to compensate for all of them. You have what seems like a small vibration, and your gyro is all over the place. In absense of any other evidence, the above makes me suspect your Rx.

When you did your hand-held, bladeless flight, did you turn up the gyro and observe the swash tilting as you moved the heli about? Did you switch the Rx to ADJ mode to see if the vibration feels the same when the gyro is offline?
hey navigator, i'm afraid you might be right about the rx, because in the past I had flown my heli with what seemed like much worse vibration and horrible blade tracking/balance, and it flew much better than it is now. I did turn up the gyros and move the heli around in my hand, and it seemed to respond correctly as far as I could tell. I didn't try switching to adj mode though, maybe i'll give that a shot today. I had messed around with most of the settings on the rx and tx but couldn't get anything worked out, but maybe this evening i'll try a little more of that.

Unfortunately I don't think my huge order of parts (to fix a few of my helis) will be here until after I leave. I'll be out for about 2 weeks and can't exactly take this stuff with me to work on... If I can find another v400 over in china for a good deal i'm going to buy it, but if not then when I get back home and replace the remaining parts, if it doesn't fix it i'll order another v400. Usually when debugging things, it really really helps to have a working one to swap out parts with. One other thing I thought about trying is swapping out the 2702v rx from my 450. I'm not sure how tough that would be to get set up for the 400 but I imagine it shouldn't be too bad. Not sure if i'll get a chance to mess with that anytime soon though.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:52 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,000 Posts
Another spur of the moment thought -- I noticed yesterday while I was working on my pitch settings with the main motor offline, when I increased the throttle, the servos started shuttering. When I applied a slight force the blades, the shuttering stopped. It's never done that before, so I'm left wondering, here. But at the same time, I wonder whether or not your servos would shutter when throttling up while applying a slight force your servos. It would be counterintuitive, but what if one of your servos behave when unloaded, but then shutter when loaded? Well, that would certainly cause trouble, so it's worth a check even if it's a long-shot.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,319 Posts
I got my tail motor, thanks wow hobbies. Broke it in last night and installed it. Havnt flown it yet but tested on the table. Anyone know why it took 3 days for my locktite to dry?they were the smallest dabs. My last flight i had some servos come loose, when tail died.
Hope ur staying safe kdean?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:32 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I got my tail motor, thanks wow hobbies. Broke it in last night and installed it. Havnt flown it yet but tested on the table. Anyone know why it took 3 days for my locktite to dry?they were the smallest dabs. My last flight i had some servos come loose, when tail died.
Hope ur staying safe kdean?
Hey Heli Biggie, I know everybody on the heli forums talks about letting the locktite dry. I've been using it my whole life at home and motorcycle shops and never waited for it to dry. Its the absents of air that makes it work (anaerobic).
I'm sure everybody wanted to hear that
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100