HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:08 AM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
R you saying no to the top selections and yes to the bottom , whats the difference?
3 fils les deux premiers, 2 fils les deux derniers pour la commande
3 the first two-wire, 2 son the last two for the command
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Good News everybody!

I got this list from walkera this morning. they told me that some of the old models can be compatible with DEVO series radios ,the only thing you need to do is change the old receivers back to RXXXX-D receiver. then you can enjoy the OLD and NEW walkera helicopter via DEVO radios.

What's more ,if the distributors(such as our company: Hobbyone) apply to upgrade the receivers for the end users,Walkera will help to upgrade the receivers for free!

New receivers Model NO.
RX2452V-D LM180D01,LM130D01
RX2617V-D V120D06
RX2454V-D V100D06
RX2702V-D V450D01,V18G01,V500D01
RX2615V-D V120D05
RX2619V-D V120D02,V120DQ02,V120DQ02D
RX2433V-D V120D01
RX2618V-D 4F200LM,V200D03
RX2620V-D V100D03BL
TX2614V-D V400D02
RX2623V-D V100D08
RX2624V-D AIRWOLF 200SD3
RX2625H GENIUS CP

More old receivers will be upgrade soon!
hobbyone.com.hk is offline Find More Posts by hobbyone.com.hk
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:04 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,617 Posts
The birds are siging a different song this morning. I wonder if they watch the weather channel...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:34 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
The birds are siging a different song this morning. I wonder if they watch the weather channel...
If it's those two crows on the Windex commercials, bet they do
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:34 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
lol, the birds and animals use to be the weather channel for people long long ago maybe you'll get a chance to go out and fly your bird for a few minutes in the eye of the hurricane
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:17 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hey Dilberto, did you try taking off the main blades and then spooling up to flying speed? I just held mine and changed the throttle around while tilting the heli like it was flying to see if I could get it to misbehave. I pretty much flew out a pack with the heli in my hand.

Did you check the tightness of all nuts, screws, bolts, and ball links in the head and swashplate? Are all your blades perfectly balanced? Are your main blades the right tightness? Have you slapped the stock motor back on to see if the problem still persists?

I hate to ask you such rookie questions, but these are all the types of issues that I have encountered lately working with mine. My latest issue is trying to find out why my blade tracking appears bad at the start of a battery, and then improves steadily as I fly through the pack.
hey Navigator, i had tried most of those things, but you did give me an idea to look over the blades again. Yesterday evening I was messing around with it and I tried out a different set of blades (the longer ones from the 450), but they didn't seem to work either... As for the stock motor, I don't have a working one to try. I'm tempted to buy one though, but first i'll try this tail bracket on the way, then the new servos that I already have but didn't want to hack up if I didn't have to, then I'll try to go back to stock motor. It had been flying fine with the brushless though before my last crash (actually the crash before the very last one bent the frame a little and introduced a slight wobble, but it was still flyable)... If none of the above fix it, i'm going to buy another v400 and start swapping parts till I find it

I bench tested almost a whole battery yesterday (had done that a while ago too) and couldn't find anything odd. Holding it in my hand without the blades it had a little vibration, but normal as far as I could tell. When flying in the air, with the gyros most all the way down, you can hardly see a vibration, but when I turn the gyros up the vibration/wobble gets bad. My mind keeps going back to the rx gyros not moving with respect to the main shaft since the main blades, shaft, and motor are all attached to one part of the frame, and the rx with gyros is attached to the other part of the frame, and these two frames are not held together very well. When it's not spinning I can easily wiggle the top frame vs the bottom frame with my hand. Not sure how much is normal.

While I had it spinning on the bench, i had turned up the sensitivity to the gyros and wobbled the rx just a little by hand (about as much as the top of the frame vs the bottom can wobble) and it would wobble the swash plate back and forth pretty quickly. The frame could be the issue, and with the extra weight of the brushless esc on the bottom part of the frame, that probably doesn't help either. I really hope this tail bracket fixes it...

I did try zip tying the frame together better but I coudn't tell much of a difference. I was thinking about making some little brackets like Mitchie did, but I haven't had much time this week. I hope the tail bracket gets here this week so I can try it out, if not it'll be a few week till I'm back from china.

Oh, about your blade tracking, that's something I've continually had a hard time with on most my helis, but they seemed to fly ok anyway. I've gone from good tracking to bad tracking, to once it seemed like on the left side of the heli it was tracking perfect, but on the right side it was off Once when I had bad tracking it was because the blade holders were a little loose on the feathering shaft, so you might want to check on that. Don't know why exactly it would be bad at the start of the battery and good at the end, but since you probably have a little higher head speed at the start of a fresh battery than at the end, it could amplify some problems.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:50 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
[QUOTE=dilberto;19131687]hey Navigator, i had tried most of those things, but you did give me an idea to look over the blades again. Yesterday evening I was messing around with it and I tried out a different set of blades (the longer ones from the 450), but they didn't seem to work either... As for the stock motor, I don't have a working one to try. I'm tempted to buy one though, but first i'll try this tail bracket on the way, then the new servos that I already have but didn't want to hack up if I didn't have to, then I'll try to go back to stock motor. It had been flying fine with the brushless though before my last crash (actually the crash before the very last one bent the frame a little and introduced a slight wobble, but it was still flyable)... If none of the above fix it, i'm going to buy another v400 and start swapping parts till I find it

Hi dilberto, When you said you didn't want to hack up the new servos, I went and looked at my V400. I didn't modify the servos. Its been a while now but I think I remember buying another set of servo mounts and using the right side servo mount on the left side. If you have to modify some but not the others, you might try replacing just the ones that don't need to be modified. Just an idea. I sure hope you get that bird in the air soon.

Well, I just flew the 22 flight on my new motor. I'm going to try and keep track of the flights better this time. I've been flying in the morning only to keep the motor from getting all the way hot.

Kdean, keep safe. That satellite photo looks nasty
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
I hope your using a sim. Its hard at first, but once you get used to it, your flying skills will improve greatly. When you learn how to turn in the four different orientations (forward, backward, forward inverted, backward inverted) there will be no angle your heli can get into that you cant fly out of.
I tried some on the sim but of corse I had to try a little with the V400d
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Heli Biggie, I saw the post where you were worried about the canopy coming loose. I glued a CF rod from another Walkera I have and put the rubber gromments on the V400 canopy. Thats the way it been almost from the beginning.
Happy flying
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:23 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I tried some on the sim but of corse I had to try a little with the V400d
I dont try anything on the V400 unless Im totaly confident doing it on the sim. Flying backwards is very similar to flying forward inverted. And flying forward is similar to backwards inverted.

I'm still practicing transitions to inverted and back. My dynam sim remote is mixing elev and aile a small amount on full elev input, and its makeing things very hard to control. But, it is good practice. I orderd a usb cable from e-sky so I can use my actual 2801. This will help alot with the feel of things.

I'm simmin right now, waiting for the storm to get here.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:12 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
not much time for me to fly lately..
just now i fly in darker place
and can see the spark through the tiny hole on top of the main brushed motor..
it is cool...

but i do a mistake
i charge my battery right after i fly..
what a novice mistake
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:16 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
. . . When flying in the air, with the gyros most all the way down, you can hardly see a vibration, but when I turn the gyros up the vibration/wobble gets bad. My mind keeps going back to the rx gyros not moving with respect to the main shaft since the main blades, shaft, and motor are all attached to one part of the frame, and the rx with gyros is attached to the other part of the frame, and these two frames are not held together very well. When it's not spinning I can easily wiggle the top frame vs the bottom frame with my hand. Not sure how much is normal.
Hmmm, do you think your gyro could have been damaged in the crash? I remember a video somewhere by xheli.com where they were saying that during a crash, anything that interferes with the motor's ability to turn the blades can cause the Rx to just burn out. Maybe your Rx or just the gyro got damaged in the crash? Some how, I just don't think the frame is causing this issue for you.

What about the bearings between the main shaft and the frame? Have you backed the pinion gear away from the main gear, pulled off the blades, and checked for smooth bearings? Doing this is how I discovered that my previous swash was binding really bad.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:33 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,617 Posts
DilB

Have you played with the balance delay pot on the rx? You may need to add some more time before the gyro tries to do its thing. Try full negitive, then full positive. See if any makes a difference. If things get better on one side, then you can slowly turn to the bad side until bad vibes start, then back over to the good side a bit until vibes stop again. Then you can add your gyro sens back.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:41 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post

I did try zip tying the frame together better but I coudn't tell much of a difference...
Dilberto,

Tying the frames tightly together may not be the complete answer. The RX has to be insulated from the source of harmful vibrations, but still be able to pick up the movement of the heli to make useful correction.

There are certain frequencies of vibration would make the gyro going nuts (i.e. setting it in resonance). Check the data book.

The useful movement "should be" lying at a low frequency than the harmful vibrations. Hence we need some form of low pass filter to help the gyro, say find a way to damp the vibration and install the RX at the anti-crest of the vibration.

Someone is going to complain not understanding what I am talking about soon.

That is OK.

In simpler words, try a different way of mounting the RX, say try a different gyro pad and mounting location of the RX/gyro, add some shock absorber between the frames if you can.

My ebay 450 was running like a chain saw on spinning up. There was no way for any 3-axis gyro to survive the vibration unless I put it on a gel bath. I tried many things without success. Finally I replaced its auto rotation gear (the tail gear). Suddenly it is very smooth, but I have placed an order on a different version already.

Good luck and have fun.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; Aug 24, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:06 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,617 Posts
Wasp,

What did you say?????

Just kidding, I understood that one.

Long time no see. I miss your complicated tech talk. I thought you would chime in on the "black wire not being on the tail esc" problem. Its just the ground wire and I dont know why walkera would not ground an esc that is shareing a battery connection? Maybe a ground loop, like that horrible buzz an electric guitar would get if there is no ground to the system.

So how have you been?

Just for kicks and giggles, I put hurricane force winds in my sim and tried to fly. Man that was funny. I might as well had a kite, it just flew off with the 100mph winds.