HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:11 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Yeah gege,

I ran out of money. It will have to wait until my next big order, and i'll put that in my other V400 #1 when i get it back together. I still need an upper frame and servos. I wanted to order 2 sets of hitec 5055s, along with a crash kit for my 500, but..... No more heli money in my account.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,974 Posts
Dilberto,
I bought the angle at lhs, still have most of it (not hard when you're making 3/8" long pieces). I just cut it to length and used the hand drill to cut the holes. After that, 10-15 mins and it was done....
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:55 AM
United States, TN, Bartlett
Joined May 2005
77 Posts
So tell me where do you get the "SteveChip" from?
ssrobzoom is offline Find More Posts by ssrobzoom
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,359 Posts
Wife gone gambling..... Making me some money for new heli lol. The rubber dip is great . I think i will make it a little thicker. Has a good snug feel to it now.
But my v120 spun out of control due to my tail pin moving free. I have the other forum working on that i hope. As for the weak frame support what if we just put a metal piece in between the top and bottom frame , on front and back, and use stronger screws with lock washers. This may help the side to side wobble.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:55 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrobzoom View Post
So tell me where do you get the "SteveChip" from?
wow hobbies, i had to remove the tiny red wire and solder on an old servo plug minus the red and black wiers. I posted some pics a while back.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:08 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,359 Posts
Whats a steve chip?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:01 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,974 Posts
Same ? here!
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:24 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,359 Posts
Well 3rd battery in to a great day of flying atba hugh field. And mytail starts jerking. Before i could set it down it got a bit crazy . But i saved it . Chipped my blades on pavement . Maybe a dead tail motor.?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:30 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
The 'steve chip' is a high speed signal convertor. The regular sig conv cannot process the quick signal changes that a tail motor would have to deal with. Here is a pic of mine connected directly to the rx. Notice the big H for 'high speed'.Name: 21082011677.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 188.3 KB
Description: The 'steve chip' high speed signal convertor.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:48 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Dilberto,
I bought the angle at lhs, still have most of it (not hard when you're making 3/8" long pieces). I just cut it to length and used the hand drill to cut the holes. After that, 10-15 mins and it was done....
I did that too and was ready to install it, but lucked out and found an RTF boom brace mod for very cheap. It is a very nice looking mod and gives the rear a finished look, but it is very pricey if you buy it new. I am hoping for V400#1 that the Gurz Z Argone frame will finally arrive, but after over 5 months of "processing" at 2 different retailers (Addictive RC and HeliFever), the prospects look dim even though Helifever advertises the frame on the front page of their web site.

SpadCat

PS Geez Kdean, have not been here for a while and your thread now has well over a hundred pages! Great job!!

PSS I would lend you some funds, but now I am supporting my fixed wing addiction along with the V400s....
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:14 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Thanks Spad, long time no see is right.

Ever sense you made the comment about the 50th page, it has been growing like wild fire. I hardly get a chance to post on this thread with all the new projects i've been working on. I was going to put up a blog about the alpha motor upgrade, but never found the time.

Been doing alot of work/research on the 500. I should get my maiden in today. Im not going to fly it for the whole pack due to not haveing the right grease for the thrust bearings. Im also getting a totaly new head for it, so dont want to dial this one in just to have to change it all again in a couple weeks. I've fallen in love again, this time with a bigger heli. 500's are the perfect size for me, and my alotted work space. The guys at the field ask, "why dont you get into planes?". I just dont have that kind of space to work with, and store a plane, not even a trainer. And like you say the hobby budget is really tight right now with all the other projects.

Nice to see you back on the thread. Hows the 9053?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:47 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,359 Posts
I found it at wow hobbies. So this with kdeans motor combo and i should be all brushless. What will i be soldering ? Plug and play? I just wanna fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gegedampleux View Post
Bonjour

utilise le contrôleur Walkera 10a-t et tu n' auras pas besoin du convertisseur.

uses the Walkera 10 a - t controller and you will not need the converter.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Thanks Spad, long time no see is right.

Ever sense you made the comment about the 50th page, it has been growing like wild fire. I hardly get a chance to post on this thread with all the new projects i've been working on. I was going to put up a blog about the alpha motor upgrade, but never found the time.

Been doing alot of work/research on the 500. I should get my maiden in today. Im not going to fly it for the whole pack due to not haveing the right grease for the thrust bearings. Im also getting a totaly new head for it, so dont want to dial this one in just to have to change it all again in a couple weeks. I've fallen in love again, this time with a bigger heli. 500's are the perfect size for me, and my alotted work space. The guys at the field ask, "why dont you get into planes?". I just dont have that kind of space to work with, and store a plane, not even a trainer. And like you say the hobby budget is really tight right now with all the other projects.

Nice to see you back on the thread. Hows the 9053?
Kdean,

Yes, this thread has taken on a life of it's own, but it took a great "captain" to start it and keep it going until it became so popular.

Who cares if you get into fixed wing or not?...it is all fun and you are doing what you want and like. It is all good!

Probably will be a long while before I get into the 500 class. At this time I am having a lot of fun and spending a lot of time and money building and flying the fixed wings. I rarely build from kits and scratch build both balsa and foamies...get a lot of satisfaction with someone looking at my scratch built GRX-1s and saying "you cut and built that out of a block of foam? It looks like a factory kit!" Not to brag, it just what I love to do, but I also love keeping the V400s flying and all that entails.

I will have to catch up on your tail rotor mod, maybe that will be my next project for V400#2, I am curious to see how many flights I get out of the stock water broken in motor that is on V400#3.

The 9053 is sitting on a shop shelf, but the canopy is seeing a fair amount of flying time on V400#2. It needs a new main board as it has no rearward or left control. All it can do now is hover and circle right.

Good luck with the 500.

SpadCat
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:01 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,359 Posts
So i will also have to change this out... Its getting pricey for not knowing it will work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
The 'steve chip' is a high speed signal convertor. The regular sig conv cannot process the quick signal changes that a tail motor would have to deal with. Here is a pic of mine connected directly to the rx. Notice the big H for 'high speed'.Attachment 4226068
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2011, 08:38 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
So i will also have to change this out... Its getting pricey for not knowing it will work...
I know......

Like gege (The French Connection) said, get the turnigy motor, walkera 10a t esc, and a 5x5 prop, and that should do it. But you will also need the extention wiers to pass through the boom, and some way to mount the motor on to the stock tail boom.

He says it works A+++.

I just have all this stuff left over from my attempts to put a brushless tail together.
Last edited by kdean; Aug 21, 2011 at 08:50 PM.