HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:10 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Hi Dilberto, the musical note was definitely from the brushless motor, a beep similar to the when just connecting power to the brushless ESC. At the same time, the tail jerked CCW. After carefully thinking about this, I think the brushless experienced a momentary current spike, during which the tail couldn't keep up. I don't think it lost power because the brushless ESC always wants to go through the re-bind process when that happens--at least that's what happens on the bench. Either way, though, my power to the brushless portion of the circuit is still unstable, unpredictable, and scares me while in the air.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:50 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
Were you throttling up any? When i had my throttle curve at 100%, it was like the tail cut out at full throttle up. So i tamed my curve to 70 max. This thing screams . I love it . Right now i am waiting on my package. Gopro should be here any time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Dilberto, the musical note was definitely from the brushless motor, a beep similar to the when just connecting power to the brushless ESC. At the same time, the tail jerked CCW. After carefully thinking about this, I think the brushless experienced a momentary current spike, during which the tail couldn't keep up. I don't think it lost power because the brushless ESC always wants to go through the re-bind process when that happens--at least that's what happens on the bench. Either way, though, my power to the brushless portion of the circuit is still unstable, unpredictable, and scares me while in the air.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:41 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Hi Heli Biggie, nope just holding a fairly steady hover in slightly windy conditions. In fact, all of these glitches I've been crying about have been happening while hovering. My worry is what if the thing just quits or cooks while I'm moving about--that could be very bad, especially with the increased RPM. For that reason, I cannot move on without passing the hovering tests.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:06 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
I understand and i hate it for you. I wish we could all just fly without wrecks. Im just glad most wrecks are due to crap parts , not me. It use to be my fault. Haha
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:32 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. One of my fears it that, after all of this BS, I finally get the thing working perfectly and then crash hard . . .
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:55 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Yea.... My parts are here. Most of the stuff is for my 500 and my 450s'. But i now have a turnigy 2211-1700kv motor and 10a esc to try as a brushless tail for my v400s.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:31 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. One of my fears it that, after all of this BS, I finally get the thing working perfectly and then crash hard . . .
welcome to my world
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Yea.... My parts are here. Most of the stuff is for my 500 and my 450s'. But i now have a turnigy 2211-1700kv motor and 10a esc to try as a brushless tail for my v400s.
Salut Vérifis qu' il sagit bien du 10a-t et non l 'autre, sinon cela ne fonctionnera pas

Salvation Vérifis that he is, and not much of a 10 - t l ', otherwise it will not work
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:29 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Im not sure if that was a warning. I have an exceed volcano 10A esc, and i also have a high speed signal convertor that can get the signal directly from the rx. I know the walkera 10a esc does not need to be converted, and will invest in one maybe on my next shippment. I also want to try the walkera 30a esc for my main, and if it also does not need a signal convertor, i can disgard the stock esc/fire starter. It looks like the turnigy motor can mount directly to the stock fin, but i would rather put some cf back there.

We'll see how it goes....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:30 AM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
584 Posts
Has anyone or is anyone using the HXT900 servos with success? Or any other servo that fits & travels the same direction as the stock servos?
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:35 AM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Returning to first principles, here . . . installed a new Walkera ESC and put the supposedly bad stock motor back on. The idea is to see if the performance is the same as before, or is better. I figure if the performance is better (meaning, power doesn't fade during the flight), then my previous stock ESC was probably bad.

Well, I flew it this morning, and although the stock motor's performance is anemic compared to the brushless motor, the power output didn't appear to fade during the pack. I think this indicates that my previous stock ESC was bad, but I'll keep flying the stock motor until I'm convinced (or at least until can no longer tolerate the low power ).

As a side note, I flew without the canopy for the first time. Wow, the heli was so quiet. All I could hear were the blades cutting the air--I like that. I just hate an overly noisy motor, be it electric or not. I think the canopy acts like a resonator, making the heli louder than otherwise. Anyone wanting to fly in "stealth mode" might consider taking off the canopy. Also, I think the canopy traps heat, making things run hotter all around. After the flight, the stock motor was still hot, but I don't think it was hotter than with the canopy installed. During flying, however, the main blades should air-cool the motor more effectively without the canopy. This might be useful information to anyone running a stock motor.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:40 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Hi all,

Good news... Exi servo's arrived, batteries arrived, pliers arrived, dean plugs arrived, but....
No helicopter!

That brings the shipment ratings to Belgium like this:
USA ebay- Belgium: 5 calender days
Hong Kong ebay- Belgium: 6 days
Helipal-Belgium: 7 days
Chinese Jade (helicopter)- Belgium: 7 days and counting...

Its gonna be a long weekend.

Happy flying to all!

Greetz!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:56 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
v400d02 controler dies.MP4 (6 min 14 sec)

The moral is check your batteries before flying , when am i going to learn?? Also i was having a hugh tail glitch with the new brushless motor from rtf. Only my 2nd battery with the new system , i thought maybe it was the stock battery. So i flew with on of my blu lipos and it was worse. I kinda landed hard. So then i adjusted my throttle curve to 60 % and the tail glitch went away . 4 th battery is when my tx batteries went dead. But it flew just fine on the test after. This heli is a champ.This is filmed with my new go pro, which has a bit of a fish eye effect. I am not sure if i like it or not....its really bad in side with the walls
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
Has anyone or is anyone using the HXT900 servos with success? Or any other servo that fits & travels the same direction as the stock servos?
hitec 5055mg
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:12 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR_F...e_gdata_player

The moral is check your batteries before flying , when am i going to learn?? Also i was having a hugh tail glitch with the new brushless motor from rtf. Only my 2nd battery with the new system , i thought maybe it was the stock battery. So i flew with on of my blu lipos and it was worse. I kinda landed hard. So then i adjusted my throttle curve to 60 % and the tail glitch went away . 4 th battery is when my tx batteries went dead. But it flew just fine on the test after. This heli is a champ.This is filmed with my new go pro, which has a bit of a fish eye effect. I am not sure if i like it or not....its really bad in side with the walls
nice flying there! luckily the batteries dying didn't cause a wreck
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto