HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
Bonne question

sens de rotation de l' hélice d' avion, sinon, hélice pas à gauche, et aussi, sens de la vis de serrage, sinon risque de se dévisser.

sense of rotation of the propeller of airplane, otherwise propeller not left, and also meaning clamping screw, otherwise may be unscrewed.
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2011, 02:39 PM
canada
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
So, what is the verdict on the 2603? Can you fly this thing with the brushless upgrade with it or do you ABSOLUTELY need the 2801? I really dont want to spend that much on a transmitter that only works with Walkera. I think I read that someone said the 2603 works fine but needs a lot more work to set up. Is this true? Because im willing to do the extra setup. Just want some opinions here, thanks
kmm77 is offline Find More Posts by kmm77
Old Aug 07, 2011, 03:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
Pas de problème, cela fonctionne pareil, et ce n 'est pas un gros travail, la petite difficulté consiste dans un premier temps à mettre le bon pignon, sinon, pas de difficulté majeur.

No problem, it works, and such a n ' is not a large, small difficulty is first to put the good gear, otherwise, no major difficulty.

La 2801pro est beaucoup plus facile à programmer, c' est là la différence principale, la seconde, en faisant fonctionner le V400 en 8ch, on a accès à toutes les courbes. Sinon, les deux fonctionnent bien.

The 2801pro is much easier to program, this is the main difference, the second, running the V400 in 8ch, access to all the curves. Otherwise, the two work well.
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
Old Aug 07, 2011, 08:14 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,699 Posts
Well another one bites the dust.

My fave, most reliable, v400 crashed today at the field. It was my forth battery of the day, and i was trying some piro turns, or traveling piros. It was a little windy, but i cant blame the wind for this one. I also cant blame a servo or system glitch. It was pure pilot error. Doing a big sweeping piro turn, i lost orientation and input the wrong correction control. I was only about 5 feet up, so i had no second chance to save it. Ths damage looks like a broken servo arm, main gear, bent shaft, bent boom, and the worst thing, a bent upper frame. I have the spares for everything else, and i think the servos still work, but i dont have a spare frame. Im gunna try to bend it back, but it has moved the motor pinion away from the main gear, and this might take some delicate bending to get it back in the right position.

I in no rush to repair this one, as i have many other projects to get flying. Now that i lost my "fall back" heli to fly, i need to focus on the 450 projects, that have been giving me electronics problems, and get the brushless tail mod done on my v400 #3. (after tomorrow i will be changing the name of #3 to #2, as i'm selling my #2 to my friend).

I will take the hitecs out of #1 and use them in one of the 450 projects. The blue arrow servos are no good for helis, or big control surfaces as they have trouble centering and start to oscilate.

500 project still on hold, waiting for stuff....

I looks like my m120 will get alot of air time this week.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 07, 2011, 08:36 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
hey kdean, sounds like your v400 had quite a fall.. your list of destroyed parts sounds about the same as mine for the 450 after the dive...

I spent part of yesterday repairing the v400 and hope to have it flying in the next day or two. I'll post a vid when i get a chance It has the alpha 400 motor, so I can see about getting the 2603 working with that again and post my settings for anybody that wants to improve the motor before the transmitter. For now gonna go watch the show Dexter again.
happy flying.. uh.. or repairing
dilberto
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:03 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,285 Posts
That sucks kdean. I have been lost without my tank (v400), but yes my v120 as been getting lots of love this weekend. I tuned her up and cleared up a wobble( the foam blades that i wrecked with 3 times) im cheap lol. My brushless kit has been shipped . Rtf is very nice and has helped me all the way.i can wait
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Aug 08, 2011, 08:53 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm77 View Post
So, what is the verdict on the 2603? Can you fly this thing with the brushless upgrade with it or do you ABSOLUTELY need the 2801? I really dont want to spend that much on a transmitter that only works with Walkera. I think I read that someone said the 2603 works fine but needs a lot more work to set up. Is this true? Because im willing to do the extra setup. Just want some opinions here, thanks
to answer that, you do not absolutely need the 2801, though without it you may not be able to get the settings set up exactly how you like to fly, and instead have to adjust your fingers accordingly.

I have the v400 with an alpha400 3500kv motor and a 40c esc. I flew through a good number of batteries using the 2603, and had it flying comfortable enough once i fought through the settings to figure them out. I only got the 2801 because I had ordered a bunch of parts to build another heli, and was using an rx that needed that tx. It does help to get the flight characteristics more tuned to your style that the 2603 does, and the settings are easier to see and adjust, so for anybody thinking about getting the 2801 i'd say go for it. However, if you want to upgrade but don't want to fork out the cash for it, it's not absolutely necessary. After all, it was shortly after I got the 2801 that I smashed the v400 into the fence

I finally got a chance to work on the v400 and spent some time over the weekend replacing the top part of the frame, bending the bottom part and skids back into shape. replacing the main shaft, and re-securing and re-wiring everything a little better than I had it before. I still need to put the servos back in and set up the pitch, but I should have it back up and running in the next day or two. When I do, I can get it back running with the 2603 and post my settings for anybody interested.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:45 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,699 Posts
The wife is away for 3 weeks.... It just me and the kidz.

With all the free time i will have now, i plan on completely rebuilding my v400 #1, use the hitec servos in one of my 450 pro projects so i can have something big to fly this weekend, do more testing with the brushless tail mod, get the shippment of parts for the 500 and get it flying by next weekend. I need to order at least 2 sets of 5055s' to put in the v400 #1, and the other 450 pro. My heli budget is in the red right now, so it may be some time before i put in anymore orders. Hope fully i'll have one v400 double brushless, one 450 pro, and the 500 to fly by the end of next week. The kidz wont mind going to the park every day.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:27 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,285 Posts
Well thanks to heliheli.com , my stock motor is in, but i think i will wait and put on my rtf kit. Also my stay pro cam had a bad picture so its getting returned for a full refund( thanks xheli.com)

I ordered a gopro , it will be here on friday. Happy flying all
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:00 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,975 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm still fighting with that tail glitch. After much goofing around, I'm certain the glitch is either in the brushless motor or the ESC. During hand-held spooling, without the main blades, there's no glitch. But when the blades are on, and the motor and ESC are working harder, the glitch is pronounced. The tail holds solid, but when the motor puts out a sudden RPM variation, the tail jerks and then quickly resets. I suppose I should be thrilled with the tail, it's holding solid as a rock even in view of motor issues.

After browsing around, I learned that I should not have my motor leads passing over the Rx--could cause interference. I moved the wires completely away from the Rx, but still the glitch is present. Then, I read somewhere that the Alpha 400 may prefer Medium timing since the motor has 6 poles. I shifted the timing, but the glitch is still there, and of course the motor got much hotter than usual.

So, I put the timing back to Low, and decided to fly anyways, regardless of the glitch. And then an interesting thing happened; it glitched again, but this time it was clear that brushless motor put out a sharp, yet momentary RPM increase. This seems to suggest that at best, the issue is the brushless ESC. At worst, the problem could be the signal converter or the Walkera Rx/ESC. I will try swapping the brushless ESC and see what happens--I really hope it's not the signal converter or the Walkera electronics.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:38 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,699 Posts
Hey nav,

when i had the rtf brushless in my #1 it suffered from a really bad in flight glitch. I normaly started when the battery got about halfway through its normal flight time, then sudden power loss and big tail wags. It turned out to be the connections to the signal convertor. Im not sure if it was a bad solder, or the thin wires, but after i changed the leads from the sig conv to the stock esc, using the leads from the old stock motor, the problem went away. Try takeing the blades off and unplug the tail motor, then power up and gently squeez the ends of the sig conv. When i did this the power drops would start and thats how i found it was the connections.

You also mention the tail will wag on sudden increase and decrease of throttle. If this is the case, and your using a 2801, try a flat line throttle curve. My curve in normal was 0 - 50 - 55 - 60 - 85. Then in stunt one i have 65 - 60 - 60 - 60 - 65. With set up you will only hear a slight increas of power when you flip the switch, and it only adds a bit more power on both ends to make up for the blade pitch bogging the motor. In stunt two i had it flat at 70, but when i tried it out the other day there was no increase of rpm. I need to find the increments that acctualy adjust the motor speed. Between 65 - 80 i dont hear any change in rpm, i guess thats the way the esc is built/programed.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 01:03 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,975 Posts
Hi Kdean, thanks for the advice. I actually already took your advice before, and went ahead and soldered the leads from the old stock motor to the signal converter. That was a scary solder job for me, but I'm certain I did well--the connections are solid. I used some tin foil to create a Faraday cage on the signal converter to block out RF interference. If there's a problem with my signal converter, then it must be on the chip itself, but right now I don't think that's the problem.

When I mentioned the tail, I meant to point out that the tail is solid during stick movements--the only time the tail jerks is during the glitch. I am now convinced that the glitch is a sudden, very momentary RPM change, which throws the tail into a momentary quandry and makes my heart skip a beat . . .

Right now, I'm thinking it's either the brushless ESC or the brushless motor. To test this hypothesis, I have a spare brushless ESC on hand and an Esky brushless motor due to be delivered today or tomorrow. If it turns out not to be the brushless ESC/motor, then my next suspect is the stock Walkera ESC (maybe this was why my stock motors were going out so quickly, too).
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Aug 09, 2011, 03:05 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Hi all,

tommorrow or the day after my bird will arrive..
I read lots of things on how to setup the WK2603 and watched a bunch of youtubes about it, as well as the many upgrades available for this heli.
The servo's are allready here, US vs China=1-0
I read about pitch setup, plt,...
I also downloaded the walkera pdf manual.

But I would like to know what I have to check when the heli comes out of the box, because offcourse I would like to hoover it as soon as possible but I don't want to be to optimistic and forget some important checks.

Tips most welcome!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Aug 09, 2011, 04:01 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Kdean, thanks for the advice. I actually already took your advice before, and went ahead and soldered the leads from the old stock motor to the signal converter. That was a scary solder job for me, but I'm certain I did well--the connections are solid. I used some tin foil to create a Faraday cage on the signal converter to block out RF interference. If there's a problem with my signal converter, then it must be on the chip itself, but right now I don't think that's the problem.

When I mentioned the tail, I meant to point out that the tail is solid during stick movements--the only time the tail jerks is during the glitch. I am now convinced that the glitch is a sudden, very momentary RPM change, which throws the tail into a momentary quandry and makes my heart skip a beat . . .

Right now, I'm thinking it's either the brushless ESC or the brushless motor. To test this hypothesis, I have a spare brushless ESC on hand and an Esky brushless motor due to be delivered today or tomorrow. If it turns out not to be the brushless ESC/motor, then my next suspect is the stock Walkera ESC (maybe this was why my stock motors were going out so quickly, too).
Hi navigator2011, just one thing to check. The plugs on my receiver were loose at one time and caused some problems. I bent the middle proge about .010" to make it tight again and fixed the problem.

Well it happened today at the park. My main motor wore out. It didn't burn up, just the brushes wore out. No crashes or near crashes, it just slowly faded away. It looked so peaceful laying there. So thats about 70 flights on that motor. I'm thinking the heli has about 230 flights on it. I got it from Xheli after about a month of flying RC anything in February. I ordered 2 stock motors from Heli Heli. I know I'm stubborn but I'll get the brushless thing soon. It still has the same tail motor and blades it came with

Kdean, is there some smaller brushless motor that can be used on the V400D? The Alpha400 is the same motor thats on my Blueray. Also for the tail brushless my 4#6 motor looks like the perfect size but its only 3.7v.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Aug 09, 2011, 04:01 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Bever View Post
Hi all,

tommorrow or the day after my bird will arrive..
I read lots of things on how to setup the WK2603 and watched a bunch of youtubes about it, as well as the many upgrades available for this heli.
The servo's are allready here, US vs China=1-0
I read about pitch setup, plt,...
I also downloaded the walkera pdf manual.

But I would like to know what I have to check when the heli comes out of the box, because offcourse I would like to hoover it as soon as possible but I don't want to be to optimistic and forget some important checks.

Tips most welcome!
Have you hovered any 4ch fixed pitch helis yet? If not, really plan on taking your time with it and scooting on the ground first. Hopefully your bird will come set up out of the box and you won't have to change the tx settings. One thing i keep reminding anybody who first gets this, don't flip the very top right switch of the tx until you know what it's for, or else it will cause your motor to spool up out of nowhere and cause the bird to go out of control real quick

Besides that it seems like you are taking the right steps reading up on it and watching the vids I have a v120d02 coming in the mail today, and when it first gets here, this will be my basic check list before i get flying, which i would recommend something similar for you:

- look it over and wiggle all the parts to make sure no screws are loose
- plug it in and bind it to the tx
- move the swashplate with the tx to make sure it moves in the correct direction (the swashplate should tip right when the joystick on the tx is moved right, forward when the joystick is moved forward, etc.), and then reverse the directions if needed (getting one already set up to your controller, you shouldn't have to worry about that)
- tilt the helicopter to make sure the gyros are working correctly (you should see the swashplate try to keep itself horizontal to the ground when you tip the heli back and forth, also should already be set up for you but good to check)
- I'll also check the tail servo on the v120, but you don't have to worry about this
- give it a little bit of throttle and check blade tracking (from the side it should look like they are spinning as one) and make sure there aren't any real bad vibrations in general
- get enough room and spool it up and hover for a little bit
- if all is well, go out flying

Keep in mind that while i'm not a great pilot, i do have some 6ch cp helicopter experience. I can't remember if you said you flew 4ch before (I think that might have been you that said you had a cb100?...), but if not, then you really need to take it slow with the v400. I know you are in a hurry to get in the air like we all are guilty of, but that has backfired on me before If you are already pretty good with a 4ch, then this should not be too big of a jump for you. If not, then just learning the controls and getting your fingers to do what you want them to do will be challenging enough. I'm trying to get one of my friends into this hobby and lent him my cb100, and I keep reminding him, learn tail in hover first, get really good at keeping the tail pointed at you, then you can go out and fly around a little. Of course he didn't listen and tried to fly circles like i do and lost control and cracked the frame already

I think you'll like this heli though, i started with that and i'm certainly addicted!! (from what its seems from this forum, people either get completely addicted to this hobby, or get totally frustrated and quit, I certainly am in the addicted category )

At least your v400 is almost there! Waiting for the next heli fix is tough, but luckily for me my v120d02 should be delivered today Also, my v400 is finally almost back to working order after a while on the bench, so i'm looking forward to getting that back up and flying too. overall some good flying to be had