Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 03, 2011, 03:01 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Im excited for you. You must go here and start reading. You wont be done soon,lol.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288101

You will want to do a few things if you have extra money , but the free thing is dont wreck and dont land on grass or carpet. The tail blades dont like it.nor do the tail gears. Other than that enjoy the shipping process ol. I love watching stuff get delivered lol.
thanks, that thread looks helpful (but huge!!). I guess i will need to order some tail gears soon, missed that one when i put in my order, but i got the blades. Yeah, the shipping process.... in about a week when this new helicopter shows up, if i disappear, check to see if my wife buried me in the back yard
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2011, 03:18 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
nice ! some part your v400 fly really fast.

btw are you holding the camera too? i been wanted to do that too but i have no method of flying and holding the camera in same time.. been thinking of sticking it to the tx or something ..
I'm using a little camera on the brim of my hat from Xheli. Its was $30 but I think they have some for less.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:28 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,101 Posts
I hooked up a right angle on my hat also. Stay pro from xheli also.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Aug 03, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Thanks all you guys for the complements and help with my heli. It really helps with motivation.

I starting to practice my circles but need more sim time. The V400 isn't that good for circles IMO. That tail motor is hard to work. In my video I was having trouble getting the tail to do anything. What setting do I adjust to get more power out the tail?

Kdean, how did the blades come off? Did it have too high of head speed?

Here's a video of circle practice with the V370. Hi Heli Biggie, I tried to land in the gutter but the V400D didn't fit http://youtu.be/CjYO5wLl7sM
Sorry, I'm new to this posting videos. How do you make it so the youtube picture is there when you post?
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
couldn't resist....just ordered a bnf v120d02 from xheli and some foam blades
figure it'll be good to practice moves on a more durable heli before I try to do them on the big guys (that's my excuse anyway )
I've been looking at that heli also. I already have a 4#6s and a 4#6 BELL.
Your going to want more batteries. I got some Storm 700MAh 20c that have held up good and give more power you can feel. Use a timer on those batteries or if you fly to long they'll puff up.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:28 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
hi barnstorm and helibiggie,

Thanks.. i hope to get that hat too... will look out for that
It is a cool idea..
another way i thinking is to duct tape a camera to a bicycle helmet than wear it..
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:31 PM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
My V400D is still holding up after repairing the loose connections on EXI servos. It was 93 degrees at 7:15PM tonight. After flight ,the motor was hot but I could at least touch it.

http://youtu.be/F-oZigP14Gw
let me try it..

V400D 02 Soccer Field (4 min 36 sec)

ah.. got it

Just copy the URL ...into your post
like .. youtube [dot] com [slash] watch [question mark] v = [some code]
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:35 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
let me try it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-oZigP14Gw

ah.. got it

Just copy the URL ...into your post
like .. youtube [dot] com [slash] watch [question mark] v = [some code]
I noticed that depending on how you get to the youtube video, the url is a little bit different. Sometimes the picture will show up when you just copy and paste the url into the forum, and sometimes the picture won't depending on what url you use. When i was posting some info videos, I would just paste the url and then preview post to see if it worked. Once it didn't show up when I was posting it directly from a person's youtube channel, so I just searched the video a different way, then that url made the video show up. Anyway, i realize that may sound like confusing rambling, but it makes sense to me
Old Aug 04, 2011, 10:43 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,563 Posts
Well, as long as it makes sense to you!
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
hi dilberto.. you are right on the url part.. if it is different than the picture wont appear... i guess...
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:54 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,101 Posts
When in youtube i go to video , then hit share , then highldight and copy that and paste

Quote:
Sorry, I'm new to this posting videos. How do you make it so the youtube picture is there when you post?
Old Aug 04, 2011, 03:32 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Hi all,

never seen this seller here.. maybe nice for some goodies and no transport costs.
http://www.dealextreme.com/c/r-c-helicopters-801

I ordered some of my CB100 parts there allready. Takes a week or 2 to arrive but all was ok.

Greetz!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:35 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Here is a vid of my 450 frankenheli. It's a tad off topic for this thread, but since she's got walkera brains, and the v400 is what got me started on it in the first place, I figured i'd share on this thread too

Here's what i posted on the other thread describing the video below:

Got my new tail servo in and went out flying over that tall grass behind my house. After about 4 batteries I went into a tailspin again I had put in the blue lipo 15c battery because i ran out of my gen ace and they were charging, but about a minute into it i went into a tailspin again... this time i was too close to the ground and in a spot out there not over the 6 foot grass (see video below), so while trying to correct or at least hit the the tall grass, not having enough time to realize it was not just my clumsy fingers causing the tail spin, i didn't get the throttle hold in time and bent up the main shaft, flybar, and who knows what else pretty good. At least I should have my new parts to get the v400 back up and running soon....

Anyway, i didn't catch the tailspin on video, but in the 40 min of flight time before that, at least i got a little bit of video of my bird in the air

V450pro (walkera 2702v rx with 450pro frame) (3 min 16 sec)
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:42 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,101 Posts
Help guys! It happened! I need a real motor. Whats my brushless choices again? And how do u rate the rtf kit??? How much? Everyone is out of stock of stock motor. Maybe its a sign!
v400d02 dead motor crash.MPG (4 min 31 sec)

Please help guys , i may have to go brushless
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
I think... the only reason they use brushed motor for this heli
is to keep the cost down

Btw i am newbie..
and i read about .. auto-rotation
can we do it on v400 if we buy a 1-way bearing?