Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:25 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,991 Posts
Nice flying. Keep them coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
My V400D is still holding up after repairing the loose connections on EXI servos. It was 93 degrees at 7:15PM tonight. After flight ,the motor was hot but I could at least touch it.

http://youtu.be/F-oZigP14Gw
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:55 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
Finally... my v400 is on training wheel... i mean training gear

I use cloth hanger to do this.. but my first attempt is a failure cause the steel is too soft,
my second attempt i use different cloth hanger...
using my hand and 2 pliers also is hard to get it straight .. i know i made the right choise
after some time bending i make it almost-straight

I know.. it looks very .. "native"
after make it almost-straight, i spend some time marking the center of balance, tie them up, make the end round so it wont poke someone's eye
and whalla!! i got my training gear

Training gear on my handsome v400
i name her 'bumblebee' cause it is yellow and black..

(P.S. that camera i using is kinda blur .... )

That looks like it'll work to help keep your blades from striking. What kind is that little heli in the background? being good at that one will help for training too
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:38 AM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Quote:
My V400D is still holding up after repairing the loose connections on EXI servos. It was 93 degrees at 7:15PM tonight. After flight ,the motor was hot but I could at least touch it.

Nice flying barnstorm. Looks like it's flying nice.
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:48 AM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
nice flying Barn,

The last time I had the V400 out, it was a joy to fly. It was right after my 450 pro threw its blades. I'm still trying to get them flybarless with the walkera rx's.

I've been doing alot of sim practice, and after watching some of the lesson vids on youtube I found that I have alot to learn.

The next time I take the V400 out I'm going to practice my circles. I can do big swooping 8's all over the place, but cant do controled circles in front of me. I'm really good at getting around inverted on the sim, and just started to do some backwards turns with the v400. If I want to get better at this I need to stop just flying around and start some purposefull practice. I have to get the V400 inverted soon, its begging me everytime I fly it. I know my mechanical set up is not right, every got changed after I took the hitecs out for a while then changed the arms and put them back in, but I think if i squeeze my but cheeks hard enough I can get it upsidedown.

Anyway, thats my rant for the day. Now back to youtube and sim.
kdean,

Are you having any problems with the 2702 rx? I ordered a Tarot 450 Pro kit & plan to go fbl with the 2702. I got a copy of the wowhobbies instructions but haven't really looked through it yet. I haven't ordered the 2702 RX yet either. Starting to wonder if I should invest in a different fbl system. I really wanted to try the alzrc kit but couldn't wait any longer for it to be in stock.
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:39 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
That looks like it'll work to help keep your blades from striking. What kind is that little heli in the background? being good at that one will help for training too
thanks..
i purposely measure the sticks on training gear to be longer than the blades..
hope can protect the heli when it fall down not straight...

the little buddy is double-horse 9100
now waiting for heart transplant (RX)
and some other pats, so that it can be 4ch ...
going to write that up soon when i got other things sorted up..
btw it going to share the wk2603 with my v400 too...
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:42 AM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
hi all..

I just downloaded from walkera website
the chinese version of WK2603 user manual

and .. it make so much more sense reading it that way...
now i can say i am 90% understand how to use wk2603... theoretically..
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:55 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
hi all..

I just downloaded from walkera website
the chinese version of WK2603 user manual

and .. it make so much more sense reading it that way...
now i can say i am 90% understand how to use wk2603... theoretically..
That's good that it makes more sense, feel free to ask tho if you have questions. I was finally starting to get the hang of the menus pretty well before I switched to the 2801. The hardest part about that 2603 is that in the menu you can't see what your settings are without changing them. I did have the 2603 flying my brushless setup for a while too, so it's possible to use this if you don't want to drop the cash for the 2801, but the 2801 is easier and has more options.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:03 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
kdean,

Are you having any problems with the 2702 rx? I ordered a Tarot 450 Pro kit & plan to go fbl with the 2702. I got a copy of the wowhobbies instructions but haven't really looked through it yet. I haven't ordered the 2702 RX yet either. Starting to wonder if I should invest in a different fbl system. I really wanted to try the alzrc kit but couldn't wait any longer for it to be in stock.
fyi, kdean and I have had similar projects going on to the one that you mentioned and have been having most of our discussions about these helis on a different thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473111

I have a 450 pro with 2702 with the flybar still and it was flying decent for a little while but still had some tail wag. I ended up having my cheap tail servo go out mid flight (bout 30 feet up ), so i've ordered an align one and am waiting for it. Not sure if the servo had something to do with the tail wag, or if it was something else like the rx. I've also ordered a flybarless head to install in it, and hopefully get it working right. It looks promising, and I've seen videos of other people with similar setups flying them, so i'm going to keep at it. If you're thinking about getting into a similar project, you may want to check out that other thread.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:10 AM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
That's good that it makes more sense, feel free to ask tho if you have questions. I was finally starting to get the hang of the menus pretty well before I switched to the 2801. The hardest part about that 2603 is that in the menu you can't see what your settings are without changing them. I did have the 2603 flying my brushless setup for a while too, so it's possible to use this if you don't want to drop the cash for the 2801, but the 2801 is easier and has more options.
Thanks Dilberto
appreciate all the help ... and also everyone in this forum too
i still got many to learn ..

i think 2801 will be my future upgrade too
but in the meantime i will use the 2603 first..

btw Kdean and Dilberto,
the 450 clone project with walkera is very interesting (on the other forum)
but it is not possible with v400 .. cause of the motor tail right?
only can use v450 or F400 (forgotten the model.. 3 blade rotor one)...
and other model with CP tail .. am i correct..?
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:28 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Dilberto
appreciate all the help ... and also everyone in this forum too
i still got many to learn ..

i think 2801 will be my future upgrade too
but in the meantime i will use the 2603 first..

btw Kdean and Dilberto,
the 450 clone project with walkera is very interesting (on the other forum)
but it is not possible with v400 .. cause of the motor tail right?
only can use v450 or F400 (forgotten the model.. 3 blade rotor one)...
and other model with CP tail .. am i correct..?

I believe you need a model with cp tail (though looking at the v400 rx, not sure, but it may be able to support cp tail), but one big thing you need to look for is one that supports a brushless main motor. Plugging my brushless esc directly into the v400 rx gave me errors, so I don't think it can handle this. So, brushless main motor, and I believe cp tail control are what you need in an rx to fit the 450. After buying the 2702, i realized there are a few other walkera receivers for less cost that will probably do the job just as well, but since the 2702 is what walkera put in their own 450 I went with this.

The 2702rx has a few plug in ports that I don't even use. However, if you get an rx made for a very different size heli, be careful cause this may not work since your gains might not have the range (the little knobs on the rx). If you're thinking about looking around for a lower cost rx that does the job, kdean can probably give you more details there.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:30 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
nice flying Barn,

The last time I had the V400 out, it was a joy to fly. It was right after my 450 pro threw its blades. I'm still trying to get them flybarless with the walkera rx's.

I've been doing alot of sim practice, and after watching some of the lesson vids on youtube I found that I have alot to learn.

The next time I take the V400 out I'm going to practice my circles. I can do big swooping 8's all over the place, but cant do controled circles in front of me. I'm really good at getting around inverted on the sim, and just started to do some backwards turns with the v400. If I want to get better at this I need to stop just flying around and start some purposefull practice. I have to get the V400 inverted soon, its begging me everytime I fly it. I know my mechanical set up is not right, every got changed after I took the hitecs out for a while then changed the arms and put them back in, but I think if i squeeze my but cheeks hard enough I can get it upsidedown.

Anyway, thats my rant for the day. Now back to youtube and sim.
Thanks all you guys for the complements and help with my heli. It really helps with motivation.

I starting to practice my circles but need more sim time. The V400 isn't that good for circles IMO. That tail motor is hard to work. In my video I was having trouble getting the tail to do anything. What setting do I adjust to get more power out the tail?

Kdean, how did the blades come off? Did it have too high of head speed?

Here's a video of circle practice with the V370. Hi Heli Biggie, I tried to land in the gutter but the V400D didn't fit
Ufly and V370D 7 26 11 002 (5 min 25 sec)
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Aug 03, 2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: add
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:

nice ! some part your v400 fly really fast.

btw are you holding the camera too? i been wanted to do that too but i have no method of flying and holding the camera in same time.. been thinking of sticking it to the tx or something ..
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:13 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
couldn't resist....just ordered a bnf v120d02 from xheli and some foam blades
figure it'll be good to practice moves on a more durable heli before I try to do them on the big guys (that's my excuse anyway )
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:13 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,462 Posts
Wow, ok, btw - this thread has just made its 100th page. Congrats to all that contributed.

The rx i was trying on one of my 450 projects was the 2612v (from the 4f200). There seems to be a problem with the servos. I read in another thread that the servos start to oscilate when they try to center. This is whats causing the blades to pump up and down. This rx will work in a different heli, but you need good servos.

It looks like the extra stress of the pumping blades managed to loosen one of the screws holding the blade grip to the feathering shaft. Once the one blade flew off, the other blade, along with the feathering shaft, went in the opposite direction. I was lucky to not take a blade to the face or body. The blades, grips, and shaft are all fine, but i could not find the links. The frame fell to the ground like a rock, and i was quick to flip the throttle hold switch, so no damage there.

The 2612v will also make a good rx to use if your going double brushless on a V400. (not sure how the rudder ch will handel the esc and motor, but i think its theoreticly sound).

The 2702v rx (from V450 and V500) was working fine while i had it in the flybarred 450 pro. I have over 30 flights with it, but due to walkera servo problems, its had some hard bumps along the way. I think the aileron gyro stopped working on it. I have another one on the way to do some comparisons with. I want to put it in my 500 project, but if it cannot perform well in the 450 i'll go a different route.

I will be selling one of my V400s'. Its kind of like loseing a family member, but I really dont need it, and i do need the money. I did sell it to a friend of mine and i'm kindda hopeing he'll fly it for a bit, then after a fatal crash, he gives it back to me for the parts.

Anywau, gatta go pay some bills, unrelated the helis.

I think i got everybody.....
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:26 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,991 Posts
Im excited for you. You must go here and start reading. You wont be done soon,lol.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288101

You will want to do a few things if you have extra money , but the free thing is dont wreck and dont land on grass or carpet. The tail blades dont like it.nor do the tail gears. Other than that enjoy the shipping process ol. I love watching stuff get delivered lol.

Quote:

Quote:
couldn't resist....just ordered a bnf v120d02 from xheli and some foam blades
figure it'll be good to practice moves on a more durable heli before I try to do them on the big guys (that's my excuse anyway )
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie