HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:39 AM
The trees are my hangar
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Dec 2010
343 Posts
Discussion
HBZ Champ air towing ?

Hey guys so I had an idea today. I was wondering if I can tow a paper airplane with my hobbyzone champ. I also have another hobbyzone champ that has a broken threading so I need to go to the shop to buy a new threading but maybe I can use that as a glider and then launch it in the air ?
omer921 is offline Find More Posts by omer921
Last edited by omer921; Jan 16, 2011 at 09:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:29 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
What's a threading?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:31 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer921 View Post
Hey guys so I had an idea today. I was wondering if I can tow a paper airplane with my hobbyzone champ. I also have another hobbyzone champ that has a broken threading so I need to go to the shop to buy a new threading but maybe I can use that as a glider and then launch it in the air ?
Someplace on the indoor and micro forum there were some Finnish guys who were towing 1/15th scale sailplanes with micro's like the champ.

The had a small dowel in the nose of the glider and when they turned the glider away from the side with the towline it would slip off and fly free. Apparently they did little or no glider steering until after release.

There were some great videos too.

Ask about it over there. Sorry, I don't have a link handy

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug