HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:31 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,300 Posts
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Last edited by patmat2350; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:42 AM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,561 Posts
Interesting. An article in today's paper says Ford has had more recalls than any other brand, 92, since 2009. They have fallen to next to last in the annual reliability survey by Consumer Reports and have just advised owners of the EcoBoost engined cars to park their vehicles and get a loaner from the dealer due to the risk of fire. Doesn't sound like they're "built too well" to me.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:54 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420TEE View Post
Interesting. An article in today's paper says Ford has had more recalls than any other brand, 92, since 2009. They have fallen to next to last in the annual reliability survey by Consumer Reports and have just advised owners of the EcoBoost engined cars to park their vehicles and get a loaner from the dealer due to the risk of fire. Doesn't sound like they're "built too well" to me.
Oooohhh---, is there gonna be a fight between you two---?
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:59 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,453 Posts
Its a smear.

All cars have a "risk" of fire ...

Tim B. is online now Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:28 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
All I'm doing is relaying the facts as presented. Coincidence that it appeared today. Who was it that said "All I know is what I read in the paper."?
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:33 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Its a smear.

All cars have a "risk" of fire ...

True, like all boats have a "risk" of sinking and all planes have a "risk" of crashing, but the owners of said machines are not told to stop using them by the builders as were the owners of the affected Fords.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:22 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,300 Posts
Last edited by patmat2350; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:22 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,300 Posts
Quote:

Nah Kap, there's rarely any winners in a food fight... except maybe the guy who catches the banana cream pie...
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:17 AM
Davenport, Iowa
Joined Apr 2007
1,397 Posts
Craigs list

I posted this ad on cl because I dont want to ship them and all I am getting is trollers looking for (fun) THEIR FREEKIN EVERYWHERE) So I added a little something to the bottom of the add. Not that its going to make a difference
What I added is "Im not looking for love or fun so knock off the trolling"
Robert Pulse is online now Find More Posts by Robert Pulse
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:08 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,731 Posts
Robert, your mistake was listing on Craigslist, they don't attract too many serious folks---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
Davenport, Iowa
Joined Apr 2007
1,397 Posts
craigs list

Only hokeysmokies lol
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:51 PM
Davenport, Iowa
Joined Apr 2007
1,397 Posts
Craigs list

Here is the latest link to the add. Its starting to PXXXX me off!
http://quadcities.craigslist.org/pts/3448129693.html
Last edited by Robert Pulse; Dec 06, 2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:34 PM
Nickel Belter
Northern Ontario
Joined Jun 2009
865 Posts
Quote:
I looked over one of those smart cars recently, and had to wonder what was "smart" about it.

All I saw was "death trap"---.
Why, because it's small? It passed all the relevant highway impact and safety trials.

You know how many people get killed flipping their big, 'safe' SUVs and half-tons on icy roads? Extra metal sucks when it's all on top of you.
ZZ56 is offline Find More Posts by ZZ56
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:06 PM
Davenport, Iowa
Joined Apr 2007
1,397 Posts
smart car

Have you seen the crash tests on you-tube for the smart car. The car holds up well but I cant imagine the forces on the driver, that usually kill
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:30 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,710 Posts
and to be fair to the smart car... it's an inner city commuter vehicle.. not really "meant" to be driven overland for hours and hours at highway speed. back when i lived "in town" and my commute was all of five minutes and had to worry about parallel parking all the time?

yeah, might be a good idea.
also the comparbly priced fuel economy thing.. well.. its a european car... for them to be certified for the US they had to add a few hundred extra pounds of safety features to the dang things, which of course Killed the projected fuel savings.. shed an extra 20mpg off it actually.if I remember the numbers right.

I wish I still had that picture of me PICKING UP a Vespa 400 micro car. that thing was terrifying. cute looking little.. and I meen LITTLE car. get in a front end collision in that thing and you can kiss your legs goodbye! The vehicle is a rear engine vehicle. and the foot controls are all under the hood.along with the storage.

tiny car with a single cylinder scooter engine... it got about 80mpg.as long as you didn't load it up too much. I do have a soft spot for the old Vespa Ape ( Pronouced ahhpay) service / utility trike trucks. gotta guy here in town with a couple of them that he uses truck around fresh baked bread to all the farmers markets in. dang things are cool!

And ZZ56, got your back on that comment... it doesnt really snow here.. the average winter temps are too high for a lot of snow... what we get though are Ice storms, and everything coverd in Ice. add to that equation a bunch of northern "come here's"

that was a huge thing acouple of years ago when Altria moved corporate from NYC down here to Richmond. Alteria being the parent company of Philip Morris Brand ciggeretes. marlboro, etc. they also own Kraft foods and etal..

well, all these northern folks moved down here to Richmond. and they still had the NYC saleries and all of a sudden they could afford huge mcmansions and giant 4x4 trucks and SUV's ( you know, to fit in with us southern yokels)

well... mind you... the first nasty winter we had and had ice storms... all the roads were a mess.. not so much from all the wet, black ice we get, but from all the come here's saying BAH! this aint NOTHING!!!! I can drive in the snow! and I got a 4x4!

so.. they all go tearing ass all over the place and very quikly realize that our wet and sloppy snow and freezing rain means exactly D**K . and when you are in 4x4 mode, now you have all four wheels spinng with out traction,

the only time i EVER had a weather related accident was because a dude in a rented 4x4 fish tailed the ass of his car into the front end MY car
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome