HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:02 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,278 Posts
I called the local radio station and said, " It's Buddy Holly's Birthday you should play some Buddy Holly songs". He said we don't have any. I just turned my radio off.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:16 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420TEE View Post
Did anyone think to ask the agent when they gave you the keys "What am I supposed to do with this?"
Hmmm, now THAT is a question to keep in mind---.

I wonder what kind of answer you'll get---?
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLERTIME View Post
I called the local radio station and said, " It's Buddy Holly's Birthday you should play some Buddy Holly songs". He said we don't have any. I just turned my radio off.
At least they knew who he was.
Regards,
Gerald.
steamboatmodel is offline Find More Posts by steamboatmodel
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
I have a great disdain for rental car agents, I don’t want to talk about all of the extra things you can sell me for fifteen minutes. I don’t need the extra special navigation and I don’t need to pay you for special toll privileges. But the best one was when they asked me if I wanted to “upgrade” the Crown Victoria I was about to get to a Chrysler Sebring. Really? Now I am no Ford fan to say the least but come on, what exactly is upgraded in a Sebring?
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:46 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
I miss the crown vic I used to have. it was big, white, comfy, cabbies and cops would wave at me, and folks on the highway would slow down and be nice.

we called her Vicky.

she was originaly my step fathers vehicle but the POS lawyer involved in the estate sale said it had to be sold off to help settle the estate. as it turned out way late in the game, the lawyer was just paying himself, and the vehicle never had to be sold. except to me... for $1.

I'm still just... a little annoyed with that.

gawd, I loved that car.

got the old bee farm work truck for $100.

$1800 will get a new trans for it.
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:15 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
282 Posts
Why are there lack of a better word liars out there

Hello

Just thought I would like post this here. Been trying to sell a few things here as well as on other sites. I get a reply then he asks for a little time before he can pick it up and pay in person. I figure sure why not, I am a trusting person, I even offer him an extra item for extra money and he agrees.

He has even sent me his full address and I have his phone number and he has even called me a few times Now a week has passed and No contact.

Why do people act like that. When I buy something on ebay, I pay that moment. Am I that supid to believe that others are like me and not string people along? What do they get out it?

George
George Jure is offline Find More Posts by George Jure
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Nah George there’s nothing wrong with you, just treating others as you’d like to be treated. As for the person stringing you along…
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:47 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
late night drunk bidding, buyers remorse? trying to do thier best to honer the agreement, but circumstances of life dictate other wise and now hiding out of shame that the tail cant honer the check that the mouth wrote?

crap happens.. give'm another week to pull through, then write it off and move forward.

"always remember to do sober what you said you would do drunk, that will teach you to keep your fool mouth shut"
E. Hemingway

of course.. this may very well have no bearing on the topic at hand, but still, words to live by.
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:51 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,574 Posts
Man I love it here in good old Tn. Try to sit out on the big wrap around porch on a nice evening and you can't breathe for the stench of the tobacco barns smoking their killer weed. I quit smoking 20+ years ago but I might as well start again in this dump.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Whether or not you listen is not overly important, I am thankful I have y’all to vent to. I can remember being a kid and wanting to be an adult, now I am an adult wanting to be kid, go figure.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:54 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcal View Post
I can remember being a kid and wanting to be an adult, now I am an adult wanting to be kid, go figure.
Hee hee---,universal feelings there, Kcal.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:22 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,381 Posts
Online scammers. And the companies (like Yahoo) that accept their ads.

Here's a laugher- you can save a bundle producing free electricity with this item (which looks suspiciously like a common brushless in-runner):
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:48 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350 View Post

Here's a laugher- you can save a bundle producing free electricity with this item (which looks suspiciously like a common brushless in-runner):
For a long time I thought it was Barnum who said "Theres a sucker born every minute". Seems it was someone trading with him.
http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html
Whoever it might have been, he was right, even more today when we have an allegedly technological society with an ever decreasing number of people who understand the basics of technology.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:09 AM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr02 View Post
For a long time I thought it was Barnum who said "Theres a sucker born every minute". Seems it was someone trading with him.
http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html
Whoever it might have been, he was right, even more today when we have an allegedly technological society with an ever decreasing number of people who understand the basics of technology.
Agreed,and mix in an ever decreasing number of people who understand the basics of economics,it's a scary situation.
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:15 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350 View Post
Yeah, and I can't believe that AOL actually runs this ad and other similar ones depicting electrical devices that have nothing to do with generating power---.

Another one is the ad that says you can learn another language in just 10 days---.

There's one born every minute---.