HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:35 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
MY daily gripe is rapidly becoming the daily "Cranberry Isle" whining...
Hee hee---.
der kapitan is online now Find More Posts by der kapitan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:48 PM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,372 Posts
Ditto.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Dec 09, 2011, 01:35 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,765 Posts
I don't have a Cranberry Isle model kit, but I also have no gripes today.

I'm also on my fourth glass of wine---.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 03:48 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Pour me a glass Kap, its been a hell of a week.
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:04 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,728 Posts
Well, Kap -- I know you are not too far away from the Lake Erie South Shore Wine Country, so there is probably a pretty good supply at your local purveyor of such beverages...

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:08 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,729 Posts
Lot's of wining going on here. Ha! Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:29 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
Well, Kap -- I know you are not too far away from the Lake Erie South Shore Wine Country, so there is probably a pretty good supply at your local purveyor of such beverages... Pete G.
Pete, it's better than you could even begin to imagine---.

Starting about 15 years ago, wineries started sprouting up along the south shore of Lake Ontario as well, attracted by the same climate and soil conditions as along Lake Erie.

The nearest one is about 3 miles away from my house---.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:06 AM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,372 Posts
I like to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put in the food.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Dec 11, 2011, 01:17 AM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
295 Posts
Disgusted hearing how military remains treated

Hello All,

Sorry to be a " downer " during this holiday season BUT I just found and read about how the U.S Airforce treated the parts from the remains from U.S personal coming home from Irag and Afganistan. What loose parts were found were cremated and dumpted in the local dump. This took place over several years.

Maybe its because I am in Canada, I don`t know, but that offends me to read that parts were dumped in the local dump. the government " thanks your for your service and sorry for your loss " but throws the remains away like garbage, basically thats what the government thinks about its service men?

What I can`t understand is how little there is of this on the news OR why you there in the States Don`t raise a LARGE STINK about this?? IS there a lack of carring there in the States? That`s someone` family member, son, daughter, husband, wife, parent etc.

They deserve Better.

Sorry if this has offended anyone.

George
George Jure is offline Find More Posts by George Jure
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:39 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
George where did you read about this, and I am indeed outraged if this did indeed happen.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Dec 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2009
125 Posts
It was a news item on Canadian news I think about two or three months back.
It might also have been on 20/20.
Doug James is offline Find More Posts by Doug James
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:29 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,729 Posts
It was recently brought back up on national news. Just last week they had a story about it and showed the landfill where the body parts were supposedly dumped. Big investigation going on and also at Arlington Cemetary. Supposedly there are bodies buried in the wrong graves or something of that nature.
It's a sad commentary on the service men and women who handle the remains of our service people. Apparently these were very small body parts and not whole bodies. Some,they say,were identified but then discarded anyway.
I don't think I would get too upset about this until we hear more about what actually happened. You know how the media tend to exagerate things to make a better story. It may not be as bad as we have heard. In any case those who are responsible will surely get punished properly. Pete
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:28 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
The Arlington rumor has been around for years (Vietnam) at least. The question of whether these are in fact human remains (which are buried with honors), or tissue removed due to injury (which is supposed to be cremated other than that retained for medical research). Trust me I have seen what happens with F-ups like that if it really happened public outrage is nothing compared to what Vets/active duty members can lay on the offenders.
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:51 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,729 Posts
I've been 'took' by Tower Hobbies. Bought some trim tape from TH and now I find I have been enrolled into a super saver club completly unbeknowst to me. Apparently if you don't click on something saying you DON"T want to be a member of this club,you get to spend $9.95 and become a member. This really ticks me off as it's decietful and fraudulant. I have insisted on a refund of my money but so far no luck. Watch out for this kind of crooked dealings when you buy anything from Tower Hobbies.
I hope they read this post too and know that 5000 members have just been warned of their crooked dealings. Pete
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:34 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,623 Posts
I belonged to that club once but I definitely clicked on Enroll somewhere. It was not automatic. I never used it though.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE