HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:41 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
New Product
Techone Star 3D Epp Combo With T-2006 Outrunner

Went to pick up some small servos at the local shop. Couldnt pass this plane up for the price(they just got them today).. $59.95 and it comes with a t-2006 outrunner and a prop. The t-2006 ive flown before and it makes really good power in 6-7oz epp planes and the motor alone is $33.00 if purchased separately. Not sure if i'll get it assembled this weekend but i'll add some pics later.

Available online HERE.

Specifications:

* Weight: 6.5-8 oz. (180-220g)
* Wingspan: 31.5 in. (800mm)
* Length: 35 in. (890mm)

Included Accessories:

* Tiger Motor T2006 1900kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
* GWS EP-8040 203x102mm Direct Drive Propeller
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:07 PM
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
376 Posts
techone

hi get real i am amassing a collection of techone planes have the spirit.sukhoi,extra,energy bipe witch haven't flown yet andthe piaget... the spirit flys great haven't tried it outside yet but i like em......
corsair214 is offline Find More Posts by corsair214
Last edited by corsair214; Jan 14, 2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:52 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Wow, that is a great deal with the T Motor.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:08 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Techone Star 3D Out Of The Package!

Looked through the manual and it looks like this should be a pretty rigid epp plane. It uses thicker carbon rods for the trussing then techone planes ive flown before and it also includes a aileron arm to to correct differential for the single aileron servo. Looks like it will be a fun little epp pattern plane that can 3d from the design. All the z-bends are pre done but you still have to cut a 45 degree bevel for the control surfaces. The nose looks very durable and uses four carbon strips to reinforce the motor mount area and are pre cut to length. All the carbon rods appear to be cut to length as well so it should go pretty quick when i have time to get it assembled. The wheel pants look nicer,they use thicker epp so they look fuller and should be pretty durable. Glued them up quick and the motor mount for later,using welders for the entire assembly,its a popular adhesive for many epp planes and ive been using it for about a month or so now and it works great on epp.. only downside is it takes a while to set up and you should let it set up over night to fully cure but its pretty rigid for bonding but can still flex a little during impacts without cracking like ca glues,i wont be using it for hinging though. The techone plastic hinges work very well and have basically zero resistance but they can be difficult to install using ca since it can seep into the hinge itself if you over do it on the glue.. the welders makes it easy to install the hinges though. Im gonna try and have it assembled before the weekend and get some flights in. Will probably maiden in the backyard but really want to get to the park or some where i can really open it up with the t-2006 and get it trimmed out and fly some long lines and big loops etc. Heres some pics for now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:10 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
reserved
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:14 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair214 View Post
hi get real i am amassing a collection of techone planes have the spirit.sukhoi,extra,energy bipe witch haven't flown yet andthe piaget... the spirit flys great haven't tried it outside yet but i like em......
Ive flown the butterfly 3d,piaget,pulama bipe,rainbow,sprit,energy bipe,souka,flew the mini yak 54 once(was someones from the local shop),and now this plane i'll fly soon .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2011, 07:14 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Techone has really got it together. Absolutely first class.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:34 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Got started on it tonight,weighed everything to get an idea of how much the welders adds to the completed auw for the airframe. Usually i use a half bottle or less of the 10g size regular ca for a plane this size. Will add the carbon and glue the top of the fuse on tomorrow or later in the week. Should have some flying in with it by the weekend hopefully.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:18 PM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,502 Posts
I was wondering when this plane was going to be available here. Maybe a replacement for my Piaget? Not that it's getting worn, but I'm in need of a change.
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:46 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Finished the airframe the other night and put the power system and servos in today. One step not to overlook is the wing spar crosses past where the top half of the fuselage slot and tab join.. need to trim for the spar to fully seat the top half of the fuse or you could trim the tab.. i sliced a slot in the tab(see pics). Auw with 2 futaba 3114's,7g servo for rudder,spektrum ar 6110e,t2006 outrunner,10 amp esc and 500mah 2s 20c pack is 7.1oz. With tp 325mah 2s 45c pack the auw is 6.8,with a hk2403 and the tp 325 pack it should be about 6.2-6.5oz rtf and i'll try that outrunner at some point as well in the plane. The carbon rod trussing is all 1.3mm about 30% thicker than other techone kits use so it adds a slight amount of weight to the build but makes the plane noticeably more rigid. Should be able to get the plane under 6oz with a lighter power set up and leaving the sfg's and wheel pants off etc but 6.5-7oz seems to be a good weight for around here with the wind. I'll probably fly it over the weekend if the weather is decent out here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:43 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Looks great.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Jan 24, 2011, 09:51 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Video At The Shop

Got one short flight outside in windy conditions so far with it. Flew it a few times inside and someone at the local shop wanted to see how it turned out so i brought it with when i went to pick up some things. Fly's well but i think i'll mount the pack on the upper vertical fuse for easier pack changes and better balance. Looking forward to flying it outside in warmer temps and less wind eventually,happy with it and its a bargain for the price including a nice outrunner and prop.

Techone Star 3D A Quick Flight At The Local Shop (1 min 53 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:53 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
793 Posts
GR,

Nice plane. Now how i'm going to get a good sleep tonight after watch that video.................
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:59 AM
Southampton ,England
Joined Oct 2006
770 Posts
Ive just bought this kit in the UK.

Out of interest, which way round did you fit the aileron servo arm? Logic tells me the arm should have the extension arms pointing away from the ailerons not towards them.

Equal movement of ailerons.

Can you help?
adamtc is offline Find More Posts by adamtc
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:32 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,436 Posts
Im placing an order at the weekend

uk also
wishawhunk is online now Find More Posts by wishawhunk