HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:34 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,498 Posts
Awesome CasualFlyer! Glad to see you check in here also. :d

Don and I were pretty jazzed to see you flying the Sky Angel F18 and T33 EDFs. You did real well with them. We hope to run into you guys out there again soon!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:47 PM
Rohnert Park, CA
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
if weather permits ill be out there saturday and sunday and yeah those little jets are a lot of fun thinkin i might get another one
CasualFlyer23 is offline Find More Posts by CasualFlyer23
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:34 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
6,926 Posts
Hmmm - getting ready to ready for mine. I just moved the shop from indoor to the garage so the kids 2 (+1 in 6 weeks) can use the sunroom as a play room. I have a sparkling new setup with 18' of counter space and all my tools and toys are neatly arranged for the first (and last) time in many months. All I need is a new project.... hint! hint!

C'mon baby, daddy is ready!
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:52 AM
Joined Feb 2011
94 Posts
Sweet Planes

I will be working on prying some money from my wife cause I really want to try one. Someone mentioned the 800mm series at Nitro. I have the 800mm Spitfire and it is sweet. I have not bought from BH yet because of all the bad press I have read. So I have spent about $600.00 with Nitro in the last month. So Pete I will give everyone a chance. I can't go just be the reviews. I won't make my first order large but I will give you ONE chance. You know the saying "fool me once shame on you, shame me twice shame on me". So Pete I love your reviews and your excitement in them. So when I get the money to place another order please don't let me down.
john50049 is offline Find More Posts by john50049
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:04 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john50049 View Post
I will be working on prying some money from my wife cause I really want to try one. Someone mentioned the 800mm series at Nitro. I have the 800mm Spitfire and it is sweet. I have not bought from BH yet because of all the bad press I have read. So I have spent about $600.00 with Nitro in the last month. So Pete I will give everyone a chance. I can't go just be the reviews. I won't make my first order large but I will give you ONE chance. You know the saying "fool me once shame on you, shame me twice shame on me". So Pete I love your reviews and your excitement in them. So when I get the money to place another order please don't let me down.
I know Pete Had a bit of a problem with that old stuff back a couple of years ago, they ordered quality merchandise from different company's, and after sending some good samples, the company's screwed them over with half batches of bad QC... but he dropped those company's and they've been doing very well the last two years or so, me and a couple flying buddy's have been very happy with the newer stuff... I think you'll be happy with your purchases...

SK
ministeve2003 is offline Find More Posts by ministeve2003
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:23 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,920 Posts
Jon- awesome videos. I'm on board!! I'm just trying to pick which one to preorder.

How does the speed compare with the stock 50mm jets? They look to be just as quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
I know Pete Had a bit of a problem with that old stuff back a couple of years ago, they ordered quality merchandise from different company's, and after sending some good samples, the company's screwed them over with half batches of bad QC... but he dropped those company's and they've been doing very well the last two years or so, me and a couple flying buddy's have been very happy with the newer stuff... I think you'll be happy with your purchases...

SK

Interesting... and sad if true. If you can say anything about industry in China, they don't worry too much about the consequences of poor quality so this is unfortunately believable.

Regardless, I have had nothing but good luck in dealing with BH and while I believe that others have probably had problems, I think the silent majority do well with them.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
Joined Sep 2004
13,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post

How does the speed compare with the stock 50mm jets? They look to be just as quick.
I think these proppies are faster than the stock 50mm EDFs. If gp125racer is tuned in, maybe he can also comment. He has flown the 109 and T28 also and can offer another opinion
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
I think these proppies are faster than the stock 50mm EDFs. If gp125racer is tuned in, maybe he can also comment. He has flown the 109 and T28 also and can offer another opinion
Wow... not bad! There's nothing wrong with the speed at which the stock 50mm jets fly... these should be pretty impressive.

4s should be a riot...if it works.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Feb 21, 2011, 02:32 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
6,926 Posts
wahoo! I just got my pre shipment notification and my rare bear should be in the mail in 2 or 3 days. so far I have had great communication from banana hobby . yeehaw !
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:10 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM View Post
wahoo! I just got my pre shipment notification and my rare bear should be in the mail in 2 or 3 days. so far I have had great communication from banana hobby . yeehaw !
I can not wait for these little planes! I had a little Phase 3 Mini Spitfire that was a rocket ship. 1700 kv 24gram outrunner in it with a 3s 20c 500mah pack and it would fly for 6 mins and keep up with planes that had over 500watts! But lost it to a mid air a couple months back...

And then I got the notion to make my Parkzone T-28 into a Reno Racer. Clipped the wings and put in a Monster Power 32 motor with 12X12 prop, 3 inch spinner and 4s 30c 2200mah battery. Thing was a monster! But it was too big and a pain to carry around. These little things will be great candidates for my 4s 30-40c 1000mah Sky Lipo packs....They will flat out boogie on those packs! Rare Bear here I come!!
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:20 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
I can not wait for these little planes! I had a little Phase 3 Mini Spitfire that was a rocket ship. 1700 kv 24gram outrunner in it with a 3s 20c 500mah pack and it would fly for 6 mins and keep up with planes that had over 500watts! But lost it to a mid air a couple months back...

And then I got the notion to make my Parkzone T-28 into a Reno Racer. Clipped the wings and put in a Monster Power 32 motor with 12X12 prop, 3 inch spinner and 4s 30c 2200mah battery. Thing was a monster! But it was too big and a pain to carry around. These little things will be great candidates for my 4s 30-40c 1000mah Sky Lipo packs....They will flat out boogie on those packs! Rare Bear here I come!!
I'm thinking the same thing about the mini-t28, With a small 250size heli motor I think I could prob get it to do about 80-100mph on 2s... maybe 3s if I find a lower KV...

SK
ministeve2003 is offline Find More Posts by ministeve2003
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined Sep 2004
13,498 Posts
I found out I can special order some Thunder Power 4S 850mAh packs. I want to do that ASAP and give 4S a try in these little war birds.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:34 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,009 Posts
Is B/Hobby the ONLY place to buy these stateside?
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:04 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
I found out I can special order some Thunder Power 4S 850mAh packs. I want to do that ASAP and give 4S a try in these little war birds.
I know how much you like thunder power....but there are others....Sky Lipos have been great for me thus far! I have been wanting to try out the smaller 4s packs. This gives me a reason to...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl500-4s1p-20c-4444.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl800-4s1p-20c-4444.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1300-4s1p-20c-4444.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl800-4s1p-30c-4444.html
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:09 PM
Joined Sep 2004
13,498 Posts
Ray, is Hobby Partz based in the US or overseas? Do they have real time inventory .... I.E. can you tell if what you are ordering is in stock or not? Thanks for sharing the info.
RCG Plus Member