HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:41 PM
Manila Ninoy Intl, Philippines
Joined Nov 2001
1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Yeah, I am hoping I have a regular prop adaptor to fit this motor shaft...so the spinner can go bye bye.
What is the diameter of the motor shaft? 2,3mm? or 3mm?
deadduck is offline Find More Posts by deadduck
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:41 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadduck View Post
What is the diameter of the motor shaft? 2,3mm? or 3mm?
Expect 3mm or 3.17 (imperial units) 2mm is for very small planes
FLOEY is online now Find More Posts by FLOEY
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:35 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,176 Posts
3.17 mm = 1/8"
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,516 Posts
When are we going to see the t-28... it looks awsome...

They Need to do a Focke wolf fw190, and a Zero... those would be two great flying planes...
ministeve2003 is offline Find More Posts by ministeve2003
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:18 AM
Joined Sep 2003
366 Posts
Why do some of them have clear canopies and others don't?
Some look better than others; the 109 is almost beyond saving, but Pete has a point; sometimes that's what it takes to make a good flying model at the given scale. The 109 video looks like it's one darn good flyer.
addict is offline Find More Posts by addict
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi supercub View Post
Why the huge vertical stab? The aileron servos through the top of the wing are a great idea. I have been doing this for years. The huge removable hatch is also a great idea. Good on you J-power.
A scale stab makes for very tough handling on an ME109, but the stab on this one looks much much too large. The orange paint looks awful, too.
I have several of the Jpower 50mm jets and love them, but the looks on these are way way off. I'm not a scale nut, but these look too cartoony.
Try the FMS Me109 or Corsair from
nitromodels.com
Or the Micro Corsair or Mustang from
easytigermodels.com

I have all four. They are not perfect. The 109 and Corsair from FMS are somewhat underpowered, and both are very tailheavy out of the box. Best to change out the power system and put in a 3s battery before even flying them. But they fly well.
The Micro Corsair and Mustang are tops on looks, but both are also very tailheavy right out of the box. You need to know this before trying to fly them. But for shoebox sized fun, they cannot be beat.

I think there are a lot of excuses being posted for why these are so far from scale, but the truth is they are really just badly drawn and unless you are trying to make a fighter into a trainer, there is no reason to deviate so far from the real plane. Sorry, try better next time, Jpower.
As I said, I have several Jpower 50mm jets, and I like them very much, but these warbirds don't look good at all.
Hold out, there will be more better planes coming from others.
urbanarch is offline Find More Posts by urbanarch
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:10 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,230 Posts
The one that Bajora flew was a test plane and not a production model.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:21 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanarch View Post
A scale stab makes for very tough handling on an ME109, but the stab on this one looks much much too large. The orange paint looks awful, too.
I have several of the Jpower 50mm jets and love them, but the looks on these are way way off. I'm not a scale nut, but these look too cartoony.
Try the FMS Me109 or Corsair from
nitromodels.com
Or the Micro Corsair or Mustang from
easytigermodels.com

I have all four. They are not perfect. The 109 and Corsair from FMS are somewhat underpowered, and both are very tailheavy out of the box. Best to change out the power system and put in a 3s battery before even flying them. But they fly well.
The Micro Corsair and Mustang are tops on looks, but both are also very tailheavy right out of the box. You need to know this before trying to fly them. But for shoebox sized fun, they cannot be beat.

I think there are a lot of excuses being posted for why these are so far from scale, but the truth is they are really just badly drawn and unless you are trying to make a fighter into a trainer, there is no reason to deviate so far from the real plane. Sorry, try better next time, Jpower.
As I said, I have several Jpower 50mm jets, and I like them very much, but these warbirds don't look good at all.
Hold out, there will be more better planes coming from others.
Good comment and observations on the others available. I have not owned or flown them. If you don't like the looks of these, it is best to vote with your wallet and exercise your right to refuse to buy them.

But, while you are waiting for the next better thing to come along, I'll be busy having some fun ripping around the skies with a few of these.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,176 Posts
Bajora, have you tried 4s yet? I'm dying over here and I need some news on these pocket fighters. I have watched your video so much that I have almost worn it out.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:43 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,230 Posts
I don't mind the looks of them at all. I have a Gravity Zero and i have a hot setup in it and in the air when it goes hauling by I've never heard anyone say that looks bad. Mainly they are just amazed at the way it flies and looks in the air. They're so small and quick that you couldn't make out any details at 50' if you tried.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:06 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,647 Posts
The T28 should be going up for it's maiden later this afternoon.

11.8 oz AUW RTF

Removed the spinner.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:34 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,914 Posts
Looks good Jon! I like the polished hub style spinner you've got on it. Can't wait for this afternoon......

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Feb 13, 2011, 01:13 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,697 Posts
That is too cute! When airframe versions of these become available, I see it as potentially a nice little platform for experimentation with the smaller/lightweight motors and other components. Like chuck-glider conversions, only nicer-looking (and probably better-flying). If we could only convince them to include the canopy in the bare-airframe versions, that is...
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Feb 13, 2011, 01:54 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,647 Posts
The thought also occurred to me that going to this style of prop hub will make for better cooling too
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2011, 02:55 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,919 Posts
The T-28 and BF-109 are up on Banana Hobby website
http://www.bananahobby.com/2140.html
http://www.bananahobby.com/2142.html
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis