HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2011, 09:34 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
Ha ha .... wish you were closer. We could always use another willing hand with our little projects.

No radio included with the samples I recvd. Servos and power system were installed and all that I had to do was install a receiver and glue the airframe together.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2011, 10:12 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,225 Posts
Very nice. I definitely want at least the Rare Bear and T-28.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Feb 06, 2011, 12:49 PM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,468 Posts
Has anybody found the link for All spare parts are available for the RareBear on Banana Hobbies web site? That seems to be where they sell the kit sans the electronic equipment. Don't want the Tx... Probably so new they haven't got it there yet... Gary
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Old Feb 06, 2011, 02:30 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,694 Posts
I like the looks of this little 109 model. I think that the bigger stabs actually improve on the appearance of the real plane, which I always thought was funny-looking, with seemingly disproportionate small stabs. I like the orange color too. Easier to see than dull beige...so I wouldn't have to throw on tape stripes to help see it (like I had to do on that blasted dark-all-over Blue-Angels paint-job on the little J-Power F/A-18).

The T-28 is really cute too. The only one of these models I really don't like the look of is the T-6. That painted-on canopy looks like a rotten pineapple or something. Hopefully if they do a Zero, it will have a clear canopy...because it would have that same issue.
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Feb 06, 2011, 09:36 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,133 Posts
Awww heck - the Rare Bear just jumped into the cart and yanked on the PP account. Dog-gone-it! I would have been happy with the ME109 after seeing BAJORA's video, maybe I will have enough lunch money saved up again when the 109 is available

The P-51 or the Rare Bear or the ME109 - they all look like a bunch of fun!
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:02 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
901 Posts
Man I keep hovering over the checkout ... bear $158 shipped to me in the UK... not sure i have the self control to not hit paynow ..lol
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:37 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Joined Jun 2002
7,133 Posts
Do it..do it...do it...do it!
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:06 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
901 Posts
awww shucks Jim this is ALL your fault ... I tried to stop myself but failed dismally .. should have a bear sometime in Feb (if they are instock n shipping) I do hope the packs I have for my F-86 fit in there ok..
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:37 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Joined Jun 2002
7,133 Posts
Thanks to you LUD, I can tell my wife that all the cool kids have ordered one and that I HAD to order one, too.
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:46 AM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,909 Posts
I got a chance to fly the 109 over the weekend, and I must say I was impressed. If the other planes in the series fly anything like this one, I don't think they will stay on the shelves of the local hobby shop for too long. The fun factor and performance the ME109 had for its price point was quite good. It seems when I fly any of the J-Power minis, I always walk away from them thinking to myself how I should go home and order one for myself. I've managed to resist up until this point, but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold out LOL

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:39 PM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
682 Posts
Maybe I read over it, but are these new planes 4ch or 3ch? In the pics of the Texan, I only see one servo towards the back.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:44 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
If you force yourself to watch my video from end to end w/o FF'ing , you'll see me comment and illudtrate that they are 3 channel. (ail, ele and throttle)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:26 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
If you force yourself to watch my video from end to end w/o FF'ing , you'll see me comment and illudtrate that they are 3 channel. (ail, ele and throttle)
Real warbirds have rudder. Is it prepared/possible for a rudder mod.?
(space for servo & rods etc.)
FLOEY is offline Find More Posts by FLOEY
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:57 PM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
LOL! Guilty! That's too bad, I'm sure it's an easy mod. Just shows Banana Hobbies is false advertising... No surprise there.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Feb 07, 2011, 03:06 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
Well, to their defense, I have two different airframes than the 3 that they have listed on their web site. Both of mine are 3 channel.

Sorry Ed! Just trying to make the video believable, even though Pete and I live about 400 miles apart.
RCG Plus Member