SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:48 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
Well, I realized that my intended ESC has on BEC. Oops. Need to buy a BEC or a different ESC.

In the meantime, I've cut a slot in the cowling and enlarged what I presume to be the exit vent in the bottom of the fuse.
been using these, made by hobbywing w/ switching bec. so far so good. 13bucks+

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dye-1004-40a-esc.html
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
If anyone in northern NJ is interested in this line of planes for sale or some others PM me. for local pickup LPU near 07601. list located at link below (will be updated over the next couple of weeks). many are NIB including this line.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707541
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:39 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
been using these, made by hobbywing w/ switching bec. so far so good. 13bucks+

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dye-1004-40a-esc.html
Ordered one today. I'll get this thing flying right if it kills me.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:01 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,140 Posts
that should fix your esc problems . btw , they use the hobby wing program card.

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Flew my Corsair today and had the motor mount almost staright with the cowl. What a mistake!!!! Immedietely upon launch she rolled left and slammed into the ground. Fixed the motor angle and she flew just fine.
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:13 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,671 Posts
My replacement esc should arrive tomorrow. I glued everything back together on the Texan. Swapped both servos out with some htx 9g's I pulled out of one of my hangar Queens, Replacing the aileron horns with stiffer ones to reduce the amount of twist.

Will give her another go this weekend but my hoped are not very high for ole 842.

Buyers remorse. I think I should have gone the extra mile for the Rare Bear. Just wanted to see how these perform and got in the game cheaply . Not overly impressed yet. Pretty sure the Texan does not set a good example for the entire series. They are pretty sturdy though. I have to give them credit for that.

Cheers,

-Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,105 Posts
Coupon for hobbypartz if you guys are snagging that esc. Its only 5% lol but better than nothing! HPLIKE5
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
I agree, they are tough little birds and are extremely fun to fly.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:13 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,245 Posts
Picked up another one of these ( the corsair) here on the forum. I love the wildcat so much that I had to pick it up when I saw it. It didn't come with a motor. I know I can pick up one from HK for only $10 but if someone has a spare or one there not going to use let me know and I'll buy it from you. It didn't have esc either, but I have one laying around ready to go.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:32 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,038 Posts
Ok well here goes nothing... I had a Rocket motor on my Surfer for a while but the shaft broke and I can't for the life of me find another. So I got a little crazy. I put the motor from the Rare Bear on there. I flew it with an APC 6X5.5 prop on 3s and it was ok but still needed more RPM's to really be happy. Added a UBEC to my 40amp esc and will be running it on 4s today. Should be a blast and super light!! 4s 40c 1000mah packs going in first. Then I will get the 4s 25c 2200mah packs in there... Will post results....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Picked up another one of these ( the corsair) here on the forum. I love the wildcat so much that I had to pick it up when I saw it. It didn't come with a motor. I know I can pick up one from HK for only $10 but if someone has a spare or one there not going to use let me know and I'll buy it from you. It didn't have esc either, but I have one laying around ready to go.
Hey I have a spare sitting next to me lol. I listed it in the classifieds but it didnt get any action. Make me an offer and Ill get it out on my way to the field tomorrow!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jun 2005
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Hey I have a spare sitting next to me lol. I listed it in the classifieds but it didnt get any action. Make me an offer and Ill get it out on my way to the field tomorrow!
what model is it?
bigdog100 is offline Find More Posts by bigdog100
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Looks like I did some damage to my engine on the last crash. She won't spin when powered up. Took it apart and installed a Himax 2000kv in rinner motor with a 7x5 prop and 30A esc. I'll take it tomorrow and she how she does.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,105 Posts
New sea fury arrived today! I figured even though the decals from my old canopy dont line up with the new airframe, the pilot survived the crash unscathed so he deserves a new plane

Thinking about putting my hk flight stabilization system on it but not sure if thats going to do more good than harm lol. I think it would be great in "2d" mode so it will have the head holding type stabilization. I can handle it without it, just seems like something to check out.

Also, I will be strapping the "how fast" to this thing to see what it can do. Turnigy nano tech 850mah 4s 45-90c pack(s) and a genesis 35amp esc/5v/3a BEC. Cant wait!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:18 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,310 Posts
My prediction is: Pretty Darn Fast.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson