HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:06 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,179 Posts
C A where the center spar joins the outter wing spars. My Texan tacoed it's wing right in front of us while traveling on a path that took it directly over head . It went into a fast rolling decent that carried it 20 yards past us...It all coulda went far worse. But it's been repaired and still flying
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,661 Posts
Colby,

Just unboxed mine tonight. All in tact. No damage. Yeah ! +1 for BH !

Looked closely at the CF. Mine looked they had glued it pretty good but I'm going to go ahead and add a light bead of 5 min epoxy anyway as I too heard the wings really flex in high g maneuvers. After I give her the minwax water based poly treatment, I'll add some packing tape over the CF.

My favorite glue is Beacons but I'm out so I'll got to the 5 min stuff. I also have Welders which is flexible and I use this for the aileron and elevator hinges that tend to start detaching on these planes.

If I had lights, she'd be ready for maiden tonight !

Didn't measure the prop but I think I'll take it off and try to balance it before maiden. Wondering if a 6x4 MAS would work in this bird.

Best of Luck ! We'll have to compare notes.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,179 Posts
In case you missed it here's my Texan , after the repair , flown by a really young, bold, pilot in a pass inches from our faces at about 85 mph. It was a scarey thrill.
20120623 0090 (0 min 27 sec)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:04 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
C A where the center spar joins the outter wing spars. My Texan tacoed it's wing right in front of us while traveling on a path that took it directly over head . It went into a fast rolling decent that carried it 20 yards past us...It all coulda went far worse. But it's been repaired and still flying
Cool, will do! I have had this thing 3 or 4 weeks and just got around to attaching the vert stab yesterday! Can't wait to get her in the air!!!
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:24 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
In case you missed it here's my Texan , after the repair , flown by a really young, bold, pilot in a pass inches from our faces at about 85 mph. It was a scarey thrill.
http://youtu.be/kAEWRzowUmg
Cool, but any pilot with half as skills can pull that off. Its just that the smart ones know better than to do something so stupid.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:42 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
Cool, but any pilot with half as skills can pull that off. Its just that the smart ones know better than to do something so stupid.
Lol
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:22 AM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,179 Posts
This guy is Nanno Planes demo pilot Adam ,he flys 100 mph+ small pylon racers called Nano Sharks, Baby Sharks, and Speed Sharks. And he's VERY SKILLED... I was confident with him on the sticks but it was a butt clencher... And besides I've lived a full life WTH... And if it's not on video it didn't happen.. Oh that's right IT IS ON VIDEO
Base jumping and flying suits are way more dangerous.
Last edited by alpea 41; Jul 27, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:43 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,109 Posts
agreed, young and bold being the key words . there are no old and bold, as the saying goes.

chuck.
chas650r is online now Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,022 Posts
Quote:
in case you missed it here's my texan , after the repair , flown by a really young, bold, pilot in a pass inches from our faces at about 85 mph. It was a scarey thrill.
http://youtu.be/kaewrzowumg
love it!!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
agreed, young and bold being the key words . there are no old and bold, as the saying goes.

chuck.
Lol lets say I am one the baby boomers, I too fly that close but only when I am the only one flying, if other are next to me, I will fly low and fast 20' away.
Last edited by aeromaniac; Jul 28, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:46 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,297 Posts
20 whole inches, huh?

Here's video of the maiden of my 109. Mainly a dot is the sky, I'm afraid.
Maiden flight - Messerschmitt Bf 109 Funfighter (4 min 25 sec)
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:14 PM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,212 Posts
ESC Hot even though 50% throttle:

1) 50% throttle has no impact on linear BEC built into the ESC (powering your receiver and servos), which will generate heat due to the poor efficiency of the linear BEC. Switching BECs are much more efficient (less heat) but cost significantly more

2) Running the ESC at less than 100% throttle actually generates more heat in the ESC then running it at 100% throttle. ESCs manage the throttle by pulsing the motor. The switching action of the power transistors generate heat. At full throttle there is no pulsing, so there is less heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
Woohoo! This thing is fast as !!!

No problems with the maiden flight. Yay!

The ESC was hot enough to fry eggs though, despite it being a mainly 50% throttle flight.
cmd is online now Find More Posts by cmd
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:13 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
20 whole inches, huh?

Here's video of the maiden of my 109. Mainly a dot is the sky, I'm afraid.
http://youtu.be/jC-eNC9QnCo
I meant feet not inches lol whoops
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:34 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,297 Posts
I kinda figured that you did.

mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Today my sea fury hit the water. Literally. I went across the state to visit my folks and brought a few items with me. The sea fury was one of them. I was in my lawn chair doing passes over the lake and ran a little to long lol. Came in about 10 feet off the dock and had to get the waverunner out to get it. Brought it in the house let it sit for about an hour then plugged it back in... Good as new lol. Just goes to show how resilient this stuff can be. Has to be one of my favorite planes. The rare bear should be here any day now
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz