HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:57 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2010
247 Posts
fast with 4s

hobbyking F4F funfighter with 4s 850 nanotech (3 min 29 sec)
Westwood is offline Find More Posts by Westwood
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:21 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,930 Posts
I've got a 1000mah 4s for my stock cat but I've been too chicken to try it yet. Looks like I should, nice run there.
Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,653 Posts
Westwood,

Great flying. I'm inspired and the Texan hasn't even arrived yet. Have an array of 4S's I use in my 50mm edf's and Radjet.

Cheers,

Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:36 PM
Registered Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined May 2011
300 Posts
I need to get a replacement cowl for my t-28, can someone let me know what the Morgan RC ones are like compared to the stock cowl? Is the morgan rc thicker? Stronger? Identical to stock?
protocol is offline Find More Posts by protocol
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:23 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
My pylon racer is out of commission for a while, so I took the Rear Bear for a few hot 4s laps today and had a great time! Just wish J-Power has come out with the P-38... ;-)
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:25 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol View Post
I need to get a replacement cowl for my t-28, can someone let me know what the Morgan RC ones are like compared to the stock cowl? Is the morgan rc thicker? Stronger? Identical to stock?
I think the cowls are stronger / thicker. Contact Gary Morgan at http://morganmill.com/RC/
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:56 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,209 Posts
Flew the wildcat again tonight. This is the best plane I've owned. Period. Love it.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:30 AM
Deutschland, BW, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined May 2011
338 Posts
run out of batterie yesterday. Could land it deathstick very nice.

on the next run my ailerons where reversed
Fixed it in the transmitter.

My F4F always made a left role on full throttle. Not on half, not on 3/4 but on full throttle. Never find out, what it was.

After reversing the ailerons yesterdy it make the same thing to the right now

I was confused, checked the plane on the ground and found out, that the right aileron servo often moves on full throttle.
I hope i can find out what part of electronic has the mistake.
First i think i would change Servos.

Bernd
morrigan is offline Find More Posts by morrigan
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:05 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonc View Post
I use aileron at 60% for travel and 35% expo
Elevator at 65% for travel and 35% expo
I'm using a DX6i and have the dual rates set up, one for normal flying, then the full rates on aileron for up high spooky fast rolls. I've always found the BF to be somewhat subtle... so long as the servo travel is mild!
My tail feathers are stiffened up some with cf rods. If you do a search on here regarding carbon fiber and the BF you should come across a fella that posted pictures on how he stiffened his up. Sort of a mild "crash proofing".
I assembled the horizontal stab pieces with CF across them in the BF-109 because they barely attach to the fuselage. I did so with my F4F as well. I didn't trust that they'd never come flying out. It wasn't for crashproofing, it was so that I didn't have the tails pop off at 100mph.

I still haven't gotten my BF-109 in the air or rebalanced my F4F. I left California so my main hobby killed flying.

Silenced .22s > Toy planes
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:33 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,997 Posts
I have to get another Funfighter....Will leave it 100% stock but add a 4 cell pack with beefed up ESC. Nothing fancy but just some fun! Its too much fun blasting around with the other guys at the field! I miss that!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:51 AM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Mar 2010
696 Posts
I see everyone loves using a 4 cell on their mini warbirds to get crazy speeds That is fun to watch, but scary when I am on the control sticks !

However, can someone correct my assumption, that if I go the other direction, use a 2 cell lipo (800 or 1000 mAH) on my F4F Funfighter then, I could fly it (after adjusting CG) using the same 6x4 prop? I have not flown this bird as yet, and my intention is to be able to have a calmer/slower warbird. Any suggestions will be appreciated (should I use a SlowFly prop).

Thanks,
Seth
IndiaHobby is online now Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:41 PM
Registered Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined May 2011
300 Posts
fwiw, here's a couple of my buddycodes from HK Int. warehouse for stock funfighter motor (-$2), and some props, not sure if the props will work out, or are any good:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5708
protocol is offline Find More Posts by protocol
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:03 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post
I see everyone loves using a 4 cell on their mini warbirds to get crazy speeds That is fun to watch, but scary when I am on the control sticks !

However, can someone correct my assumption, that if I go the other direction, use a 2 cell lipo (800 or 1000 mAH) on my F4F Funfighter then, I could fly it (after adjusting CG) using the same 6x4 prop? I have not flown this bird as yet, and my intention is to be able to have a calmer/slower warbird. Any suggestions will be appreciated (should I use a SlowFly prop).

Thanks,
Seth
You know that you have the choice not to punch it if you use a 4s right?
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:22 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Took out the hawker sea fury after work today. Even in a bit of wind this thing still flies fantastic. Cant believe how well this thing performs, especially for the price. I hope hobbyking comes out with the unpainted version like they have of the rare bear. Speaking of the rare bear, one of those magically appeared into my cart last night
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:57 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,209 Posts
I really like the sea fury. Glad to hear its a superb flyer. Might have to make it the next model.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7