Old Feb 01, 2011, 01:30 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Whoa... gimme a Rare Bear!
Me first. I reckon we can could get that little Bear to crack 100mph.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:47 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,497 Posts
With 4s on the stock power system, you will do it no problem is what I am told
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:53 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Pete, I agree.

And thanks for posting the photos here.

I was hoping to get samples of all these new mini warbirds soon but Jalin has been very busy and was only able to get two on the way to me before CNY. When he sent me the original photos of them, he mentioned that they had played around with using 4s on one of them and the speed on the stock power system was insane! I know a lot of you love speed and thought for the price point you would be thrilled to get these new mini warbirds.

I like all of the discussuon here on RCG but I sometimes get the feeling that folks start the scale bashing if for no other reason than because they think it is somehow chic to complain about it? Not bashing anyone specifically here but just saying that I think you have to look at all of the factors that go into getting a model from the drawing board into production and ending up with a product that actually flies well. If you think you know how to do it better, I suggest doing just that.
Thanks for posting the thread Jon. I'm glad you can speak up about how things work as well. I am just so tired of sitting back and reading all the negative about a product when so many have no clue what is involved in a production. This new line of Mini Warbirds, or "Pocket Fighters" Which I named them, are going to be a BLAST for all to fly. I have not tested them on 4s and I however can definitely see them breaking triple digits for sure. Especially the Rare Bear. That airframe is so Rigid. I put a few flights on her and I am just floored at how fast and responsive she is. All across the board, I love these birds. All of them. I think the big spinner throws off the scale a bit so I took the spinner off the T-28 and the AT-6 and they sure look much more scale and aggressive. I love these smallies and for bang for the buck, there's nothing else like them. China is on break for some time now for CNY. Happy New Year to all!

Thanks for many of you with the positive feedback. I and we are working hard to make you guys happy. I love all the feedback. Good or bad. Just keep it friendly is all we ask.

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Feb 02, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
what are the wingspans of the AT-6 and Bearcat?
aferguson is offline Find More Posts by aferguson
Old Feb 02, 2011, 10:54 AM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,793 Posts
Really hopping here and off subject a little, but...Pete and Mr.Barnes, both of you are in the know with JPower and Jalin...is there any chance of remolding the wings on the 50mm EDF's like the planes here??
southernmd_man is online now Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:13 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
as far as the look of the planes goes....they don't look that bad at all. Don't be fooled by the pictures Sky Angel shows, like those in the first post of this thread. They are terrible, it's the same with their 50mm edf's. The pictures are awful and make the planes look distorted but they actually look much better.

Whether the pics are of early prototypes or what i don't know, but they'd be doing themselves a service to take better ones.
aferguson is offline Find More Posts by aferguson
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Dec 2004
14 Posts
where do I pre-order that P-51?
smackdn775 is offline Find More Posts by smackdn775
Old Feb 02, 2011, 02:29 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
It is not that I want those mini warbirds to be scale (95% of RC warbirds on the market aren't), but I want them to look scale and not toyish...

Not bashing anyone here, I have four J-power/Skyangel EDF plus the P38, they all fly great and I'm a big fan of Jalin's products, but It's sometimes just a question of small details and tweaking to make a plane look good... or not.

In this case a bit more attention to the spinner choice and to the paint scheme would have make them look more convincing with minimum extra cost or engineering time... my 2c
Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Old Feb 02, 2011, 03:29 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
6,924 Posts
What? No retracts? C'mon Pete I need at least 2 of these. Great job and thanks for all your efforts.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Feb 02, 2011, 03:43 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
858 Posts
These look like sweet little parkies that you can keep in your car and fly as time allows.

Pete, I'll have a Spitfire please.

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old Feb 02, 2011, 05:22 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,308 Posts
Pete,

I like the BearCat!

Neat little planes!
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Feb 02, 2011, 05:39 PM
Paws to refresh...
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,331 Posts
Yep, folks might have come across as too critical in the first few posts but it's mostly a matter of perspective and the amount of information that was NOT given.

Two posts have questioned the size of these planes (#5 & #19) but weren't answered that I can see. I think that most of us understand that as these little planes get smaller, the need to deviate from scale is more in order to get good flight performance so their size is important information.

They look to be in the 22" - 25" span range. If under $100.00 or so for the outfit, that makes them more appealing.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Feb 03, 2011, 05:56 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
As small but far better looking:http://www.ready2fly.com/shop/USER_A...e&Ziel_ID=1075

Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:29 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,333 Posts
Now go create WW1 planes and I'll be interested...
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:41 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
love the Bear that looks fast just standing still .... will be ordering one fer sure (assuming it flies) lol

Would like to see more pics especially of the Spit as well..

Manu yes the BF is more scale but it's EPS.. so confettie the 1st time it hits the ground..
have a look at the nitroplanes / FMS 800mm EPO for something more alike ..
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud