SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2011, 05:22 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia101 View Post
is the forward speed worse then the 9053?
I've heard that the 9101 is a little better, but they both suck in that regard. My brother has the 9101.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:40 AM
Joined Nov 2010
46 Posts
Syma Got a new released biggest size rc helicopter, even bigger than 9101, S033G looks like a very good helicopter. 36inches long. Anymore know more about this helicopter? Hows it compare to DH9101?

Test Fly! Syma S033G Co-axial RC Electric Helicopter w/ LED Lights & Gyroscope From xHobbystore (1 min 19 sec)
thercguy is offline Find More Posts by thercguy
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:05 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Double horse 9101 needs work to be good heli

MY niece got this copter and at first I didn't give it a second thought, she paid like 200 for it in the mall. That's my bro in law's fault, more money than sense. Anyway after she crashed her's several times, being that she's 11 and never flown one I took interests and decided to help. I"m a big believer in internet copter for casual use. So this copter is quick and is clumsy, but can be good if you apply certain mods from other copters to this one, first off get a better battery - lipo, say 2200, make sure you have a balancer charger and good power source. Secondly, shorten flybar. lots of ways to do this but take advice and don't use cheap epoxy, I'm waiting on shorter flybar from 9077 to arrive to try swap out. add weight in nose for better forward flight motion, or try one of the many tail mods, like the 9053 volitation. for the money, I would go with the 9053 anyway just because there's more videos on mods for it, or even the 9100 hover, it's tricky but fast once you get it modded and dialed in. Your going to have to mod any of these sub 100 copters, but that's the price we pay for not spending the money upfront
dvance73 is offline Find More Posts by dvance73
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:50 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Ouch! $200 for a cheapo 3 CH toy heli. Well, unsophisticated and impulsive consumers are easy prey for those mall boutiques. I seen those mall boutiques trying to hock Syma S107's for $70 Of course the "smart money" does careful research on the internet before plunking down the cash.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
I just got my 9101 in the mail today i have flown a mcx in the house alot so kinda knew what to expect I will say it will lead to bad habits because of the rudder on the right stick but was able to get it up turn hover and have to say it looks amazing hovering then went up turned then CLACK CLACK came right down so after the research i ordered a 9077-01 flybar and might try the lower blade flip will post more when replaced.

I was thinking i wish this had a cam on it anyone have a good recommendation that works good but cheap?
SirBgMx is offline Find More Posts by SirBgMx
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:18 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
SirBgMx - is it possible for you to measure the length of the tail rotor for me please? pretty please? Thanks.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
dh 9101

I got this heli about 1 week ago. $40 to the door (amazon). This thing is big 26 inches long, but big means more mass= harder crashes. Absolutely no forward flight without mods. I took a plastic p51 foamie plane prop and cut about 3 inches off each side and epoxied to existing tail rotor. I also took all the decorative crap off the back including chrome tail boom bars. I think all that stuff is just for looks. I also taped 4 quarters to the front of the battery. These mods worked well and gave forward flight, not fast forward but a heck of alot better. Had a hard crash and stripped one of the screws out of the outer rotor main gear. I took it off backed the screw out and put superglue gel in the hole, ran the screw back in and let sit, make sure no gel is left dried on inside or too hard to put back on. Putting this gear back on is tricky, watch alignment of holes on outer shaft.This repair has worked well for 2 or 3 more mild crashes (plus didn't have to wait for parts). I will post how i fix the next crash repair. Read about the guy who spent $200 on one at mall, ouch!! I think for $40 i might just order a whole other one just for parts. This heli does not like wind at all. I am new to the rc heli hobby and feel that this chopper is a decent beginning point for $40, i got $40 of fun out of it already. Dont expect quality at this price. Hope this helps when disgusted with initial flight.
Jernan is offline Find More Posts by Jernan
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:02 AM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
People keep slamming this for poor quality and I disagree. Please tell me what is it about this that is poor quality? I just don't see it. I think all the gear train is ball bearing supported. The main frame is aluminum. Everything about it is precision including the transmitter which I doubt will ever wear out. The batt charger is the only thing that needs upgraded as far as I am concerned. The mods needed for forward flight are super simple and are not needed for indoor flight inside. Its not poor quality at all and for 40 bucks delivered it is really one hell of a deal.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Move the rudder stick to the left side. Easy fix. Post 632 on the 9053 thread I think.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
dh 9101

I am pretty new to the rc heli thing, i imagine more money equals better components, better design, durable parts, maybe im wrong. Ive always lived by the "you get what you pay for" theory. This heli is well worth the money, dont get me wrong. It is durable but no metal upgrades. I didnt mean to bash this chopper. I have had a blast with it and it is worth every bit of the $40 to the door.
Jernan is offline Find More Posts by Jernan
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:24 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
You got right. It's never going to be a Trex 450 but that is not what it was designed for anyway. I have an EXI 450 clone that I paid lass than 30 bucks for the airframe. Been flying it for two years or so and have had several minor crashes. Parts are dirt cheap for it and everything that I have ever replaced has been first class quality. Sane with this 3 channel. Great quality at near give away prices.