HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:13 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
I want to repaint my Gee Bee to look like this and what I was wondering is there any sites that (1) have the right size decals for this scale,(2) sites to make decals. I love to get the shark teeth and eyes along with the numbers and all the other marking that are on this picture. pm me if you got any ideas thanks
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2011
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxernoob View Post
ah flying on a windy day... that's what i'm talking about mad skillz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOCa1uCvV8c
I'd swear some of that video was speeded up but you could tell by the cars that was not the case. Great flying!! I got a little SR 120 a few weeks ago and have been loving it. Already have my eye on a 450 Basic.

Speaking of the wind. Had the Beast V2 in the air this afternoon. My friend tried to fly his UM T-28 and the wind was so strong, the bird couldnt make any progress into the wind. I burned three packs with the Beast with no problems. I checked the winds when I got back in and it was blowing 17 knots, gusting to 23. What a great little plane!!
ATC Chilli is offline Find More Posts by ATC Chilli
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:36 PM
amo ludibria ventis
United States, VA, Chantilly
Joined Oct 2010
7,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
I want to repaint my Gee Bee to look like this and what I was wondering is there any sites that (1) have the right size decals for this scale,(2) sites to make decals. I love to get the shark teeth and eyes along with the numbers and all the other marking that are on this picture. pm me if you got any ideas thanks
http://www.stickeryou.com/

They have tons to choose from or you design your own.
PontiusPilate is offline Find More Posts by PontiusPilate
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:12 PM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
Anyone interested in a brushless mCP-X? I decided that it's too small for me, and it just doesn't fly with the authority of my 500. It needs new landing gear. PM me, I'll make you a good deal. Will consider trade offers.
anatoly is offline Find More Posts by anatoly
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:26 PM
United States, VA, Franconia
Joined Sep 2010
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
Those are markings from a P-40 circa 1941. They changed the roundel in 1942 to get rid of the red dot, it looked too much like the Japanese roundel. There are decal sets for the P-40 that would work, you just need to match the scale.

BTW you planning on getting a Carbon Cub when they come out next month?
smoothvirus is offline Find More Posts by smoothvirus
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:57 PM
amo ludibria ventis
Joined Oct 2010
7,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoly View Post
Anyone interested in a brushless mCP-X? I decided that it's too small for me, and it just doesn't fly with the authority of my 500. It needs new landing gear. PM me, I'll make you a good deal. Will consider trade offers.
Yeah, and my T-Rex 450 sport is back on the selling block. I'll sell it cheap!
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:04 AM
amo ludibria ventis
Joined Oct 2010
7,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiusPilate View Post
Yeah, and my T-Rex 450 sport is back on the selling block. I'll sell it cheap!
Also on the selling block:

NIB Champ RTF

Polecat in Decent Condition
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:29 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,125 Posts
Think you guys will get good prices at the NVRC auction this month?
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:59 AM
amo ludibria ventis
Joined Oct 2010
7,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
Think you guys will get good prices at the NVRC auction this month?
I didn't even think of taking my stuff there. Figured I'd sell here and on the sale forums.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:47 AM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus View Post
Those are markings from a P-40 circa 1941. They changed the roundel in 1942 to get rid of the red dot, it looked too much like the Japanese roundel. There are decal sets for the P-40 that would work, you just need to match the scale.

BTW you planning on getting a Carbon Cub when they come out next month?
Thanks for the help and info on the decals ,that's going to help me out alot. I noticed the change in the roundel too. I think the Gee Bee will look real cool when it's done.
Yep I am thinking of the Carbon Cub along with the UMX glider to kinda interested in the bungee launch system they have for it. Looking at getting the Mig when it comes out this month too.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:29 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
Where are folks flying this weekend?
I'm really anxious to get this up in the air

Sure would like a paved runway.

(Flaps almost all the way down)
KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:07 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiusPilate View Post
I didn't even think of taking my stuff there. Figured I'd sell here and on the sale forums.
Stuff generally sells very cheap at the auction. You can put your stuff on the fixed price table, but people generally don't take interest until the auction is over and they are looking for VERY good deals.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:10 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
Do we have any Electronic guru's in this thread that can maybe come to my assistance? Here's my problem, the Electronic Speed control Sensor for the Spektrum Telemetry TM1000 just will does not seem to provide accurate pulse data. It should read the pulses coming from the motor and then the TM1000 will send the RPM data out. What I'm getting is off by a factor of 20. Actually, it starts reading correctly once the throttle is past 1/3 but then it goes to la la land. I'm thinking that taking a look at whats coming down the line with an O'Scope might determine where the problem really is (pulses too tall, or too narrow, or more than I'm setting the sensor to count.

I can't think of any other way to skin this cat. The techrep at HH wasn't able to help me so I'm looking for alternatives.
Here's what the reading looks like after a minute or two at about 1/3 throttle.

Help!!!! Salam you have any ideas?

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2011
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC Chilli View Post
Speaking of the wind. Had the Beast V2 in the air this afternoon. My friend tried to fly his UM T-28 and the wind was so strong, the bird couldnt make any progress into the wind. I burned three packs with the Beast with no problems. I checked the winds when I got back in and it was blowing 17 knots, gusting to 23. What a great little plane!!
Glad to hear that, I have one coming early next week. If you need batteries I found 2 buddy codes for HK and got 3 batteries for $2.50 each. Shipped to me cost was around $10.
Starving Bushman is offline Find More Posts by Starving Bushman
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2011
853 Posts
Cool. LMK how those batteries work out. I have a few of the Mini Aviation packs I got from the UK on ebay and have been very happy with them. Much better quality than the Eflite batteries. They last longer and do much better in the cold. I also higly recommend the GWS 5030 prop. It's gives the V2 Beast noticeably more pep without reducing flight times too much.
ATC Chilli is offline Find More Posts by ATC Chilli
Last edited by ATC Chilli; Mar 07, 2012 at 12:08 PM.