HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:10 AM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
New Product
LanYu BIG 1.4M CORSAIR F4U Warbird and it's EPO!

It looks as though another Chinese manufacturer LanYuhobby is jumping onto the big EPO warbird craze which this hobby is currently experiencing . Not sure who's going to be carrying it at the moment but I'd say whoever stocks Lanyu planes will probably stock this one soon enough. Of the ones that I know Hobbyking, banana hobby, Aerialhobby, leadershobby and Nitroplanes all stock Lanyu models so there's a good chance they may get this one.

At first impressions it doesn't look too bad reading the specs though it seems to be a 3S power system which is ok (the Durafly Spitfire has proven a bird this size can fly well on 3S) but to me the motor looks a little small/underpowered side, especially when you see 1800 3S and 30A esc something don't sound right...
Also it doesn't look like it comes with retracts now this may not necessarily be a bad thing as if the price is right this might make for a good kit to then stick your own electrics in would be nice to have a cool cheap 'hacker' of this size in the hangar and not worry about smacking her up a bit each time you take her out

On a personal note I have the Lanyu Geebee and that thing flies fantastic and the foam is a very tough EPO, also this Corsair looks to have a better battery access hatch than the FMS Corsair.

Specification(Brushless version):
Wingspan: 1400mm
Length: 1150mm
Flight weight:1300g
Battery: 11.1V 1800mAh 20C Li-Po
Motor: 4023/ 810KV Out runner Brushless motor
ESC: 30A Brushless ESC
FM 4-Channel / 2.4G 6-Channel proportional radio control system
Radio control distance:600m(2.4G)
Material:EPO

Configuration:
Brushless ARF version includes:
Motor: 4023/810KV out runner brushless motor(max thrust:1600g)
ESC: 30A brushless ESC
Servo: 9g servo*4pcs
Brushless RTF version includes:
Also includes Transmitter and receiver
Battery: 11.1V 1800mAh 20C Li-Po
KIT version just includes foamie airplane.

jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Last edited by jbc; Jan 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:32 AM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
John, Lanyu is aka guanli..known for small inexpensive foamies..the tw758 gave it away to me ..it looks just like there lil corsair too..your right there foam is very strong.. love my lil knock about at-6 ive got of theres...thats a bit big of a plane for the pwr setup though, agree with ya their...definately has potential.... DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
United States, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined May 2004
1,868 Posts
Hope they correct some of the stars and bars.

Woody
W. X. Davis is offline Find More Posts by W. X. Davis
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:26 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Actually there were a few more pics I got without the decals on it, I reckon it probably comes with them on a sheet as per their other models. IMO that's even better as it allows you to give it a paintjob and still use if need be, if the price is right this thing has ALOT of potential
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:03 PM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Definately hope the decals are on a seperate sheet so they can be applied right side up .. good grief hahahahaha...but definately can see something here, that with just a bit of good hobbyist work you would really have a nice corsair...their prices are normally very reasonable, im tryn now to find out what we could get them for..DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
722 Posts
Why is it so hard for them to create something more scale? There are tons of sources of accurate 3d models of aircraft that can be used when creating molds (which seems to be the big problem since the actual manufacturing & quality of foam does not seem to be a problem). Sigh..
JonteSvensson is online now Find More Posts by JonteSvensson
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:22 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonteSvensson View Post
Why is it so hard for them to create something more scale? There are tons of sources of accurate 3d models of aircraft that can be used when creating molds (which seems to be the big problem since the actual manufacturing & quality of foam does not seem to be a problem). Sigh..
Jonte like DJ said I think all they did was simply scale up their smaller Corsair to this size as they look strikingly similar, a good sign is that their small version flies extremely well, a friend of mine has it. Here's their smaller 940mm WS version also in EPO

Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:24 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,620 Posts
This one looks better than the little one, at least. I had a TW748 Corsair that was a blast to fly. It was one of my favorite planes. I flew the heck out of it (and crashed the heck out of it). Very tough foam and decent construction except for the cowl and landing gear.

I am sure that this one would be priced very competively in order to compete with the FMS and JPowers of the rc plane world. It just doesn't have the features and scale details to match. But, if the price is right, it would be a good value.
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:36 PM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
722 Posts
I am not asking for scale details since most are easily added, what I would like to see are the proper outlines, correct proportions, and that the model can be used as a decent base for creating something that looks like the real thing.

If Savex can create a Spitfire that looks and flies superb, surely it must be possible to create the same thing in foam rather than glass- & carbon f.?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:45 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Yeah I hear ya Jonte, I guess the honour is their for the taking for the first company to release a 95% scale bird in foam

you know the more I look at this at this bird the more I can see myself getting one as a hacker. Whack an 11x8 2blade prop with a 1000kv motor on 3S, get rid of the landing gear and have it as a handlauncher/belly lander, keep it nice n light and it should be a big pussycat!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:18 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
Have to be honest, doesnt look scale enough to me

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:21 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
I have a solution... build from scratch http://foamcasualty.com/forum/download/file.php?id=117
http://foamcasualty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=38
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:51 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,385 Posts
sorry , I dont like it , i think the FMS /Airfield is way ahead !!!
If your going to compete nowdays and your "second " to release why even bother in such a competitive market .
I see FMS /Airfield as a success based on there attention to detail and the potential to make them more scale
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
722 Posts
Not so sure about FMS.. Not that I have studied them a lot, but their P-47 is a joke when it comes to scale. It looks like a caricature. Too bad. A P-47 flies perfectly fine the way it looks.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:38 PM
I did it first!
Joined Dec 2010
27 Posts
I guess if the ARF is about $20.00 US Shipped I would give it a go!
Zef
Zefram Cochrane is offline Find More Posts by Zefram Cochrane