HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2011, 06:48 AM
Czech Republic, Plzen
Joined May 2005
43 Posts
Designer

I am the designer of the Q10 and Q11. The models were designed in the Czech national class of EP gliders in mind: outrunner up to 45 grams, no gears, prop 10" +, 2S, 500 grams + RTF. Inspiration? Free Flight F1C, DLG.
I have used the equipment mentioned on our web: 6x GWS PICO BB. No problems at all. Enough space for the Hyperion 09, too. The ESC is the Castle PHX 25. I was afraid the BEC can not feed 6 servos, I used Voltage regulator VR-3, fed from the service connector of the power battery Dualsky 1200-2S. Motor Dualsky 2826/10, Aeronaut 10x6, 42 mm pitch. The rate of climb is 10 m+.
I will be happy to answer questions. Ivan, info@horejsi.cz
horejsi is offline Find More Posts by horejsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2011, 08:23 AM
Joined Jan 2008
13 Posts
It seems be the lightest 2 meters plane. Even lighter than Pulsar/Hyper. Looks very good!
Two question:
a, 2S/900mAh battery,If it can afford 4 times climb to 150m?
b,Such a light plane,If it can handle in wind? Or we should think this is a DLG?
Rostov is offline Find More Posts by Rostov
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:37 AM
Czech Republic, Plzen
Joined May 2005
43 Posts
900 mAh ... I am afraid 4 climbs are too much. Also, the battery can be too lightweight. I used 1000-2S up to I crashed due I programmed wrong model ... and the battery suffered dents. No fire, to my surprise.
The Dualsky 1200 G5 I use now seems to be ideal.

The model was designed for flying in wind in mind. The low speed of its ancestor, Q10, was low what was the main drawback.
No problem to add weight.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:07 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBurns View Post
I need to figure out how to plug the wing halves into the receiver too, normally you'd use a 6 pin plug but that doesn't work for a 2 piece wing and I don't want to be plugging 4 cables directly into the RX every time I want to put the wing on...
That does actually work with the MPX 6 pin plugs where you cut one in half. Did that for my Robbe Arcus foamie, works like a treat. "Stole" the idea from ED modellbau Koeln
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:55 AM
flying is not a dream
Spain, CT, Cardedeu
Joined Jan 2008
990 Posts
can you give us more information of your 6 pin plug setting, because cutting a 6 pin multiplex in 2 parts give you 2x3pins, and you need 4 pins for each wing _( +, -, Sflap, Saileron).
do you have a picture??

i'm also looking for a good solution, something "clever", light and easy to connect, wich each wing with independant alimentation, so 4 pins per wing.

regards
lebenj is offline Find More Posts by lebenj
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:02 AM
Czech Republic, Plzen
Joined May 2005
43 Posts
We have servo cable "extensions" 5 cm long. One ends in Rx, another joined side by side with tape. Very acceptable, but not excellent solution. MPX6 ... rather bulky. The 4-pin MPX grey good, not easy to solder. BUT: There are 4-pin micro DEANS, in red and black. The best, beyond doubt, for all 2-part 4-servos wings. We should receive them is few weeks ... hopefully.
Last edited by horejsi; Apr 19, 2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: mistake
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:50 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj View Post
can you give us more information of your 6 pin plug setting, because cutting a 6 pin multiplex in 2 parts give you 2x3pins, and you need 4 pins for each wing _( +, -, Sflap, Saileron).
do you have a picture??

i'm also looking for a good solution, something "clever", light and easy to connect, wich each wing with independant alimentation, so 4 pins per wing.

regards
You are correct of couse, only 2 servo's in the Arcus, did not think straight ....
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:22 AM
Bob McPeters
Federal Way, WA
Joined Feb 2008
17 Posts
Q11

I just sent an e-mail to Hobby Club in San Clemente, CA. He does import some of the Horejsi models and said he would see what the price and availability of the Q11 would be here in the US. If anyone has an interest in this model please contact Hobby Club and with enough requests maybe they will add this model to their selection.

Bob
RCMcP is offline Find More Posts by RCMcP
Old May 04, 2011, 07:21 AM
Bob McPeters
Federal Way, WA
Joined Feb 2008
17 Posts
Q11

Just ordered a Q11 directly from Horejsi in CZ. Cost $410 US shipped to my door. Should arrive in a few days. Looking forward to this build.

Never received a response from Hobby Club.

Bob
Old May 11, 2011, 07:13 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
Ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcP View Post
Just ordered a Q11 directly from Horejsi in CZ. Cost $410 US shipped to my door. Should arrive in a few days. Looking forward to this build.

Never received a response from Hobby Club.

Bob
How did you place your order? I tried to use the web but it wasnt functional.

Thanks.

jwf
jofo1 is offline Find More Posts by jofo1
Old May 11, 2011, 11:57 PM
Bob McPeters
Federal Way, WA
Joined Feb 2008
17 Posts
Jofo1, I sent an E-mail inquiry to Ivan at (info@horejsi.cz). He sent cost/shipping information and his PayPal account. I was able to get one of the newer X-tail versions. Model looks very good for the price and the Stab Mount is a small work of art in Balsa and CF. Took about 6 working days to my door near Seattle, WA

Will be using a Hacker 20-20L, 10X6, Castle Creations 25Amp ESC, Castle Creations BEC, and either a 950 or 1350 mah 3C Lipo, DS-09 Poly Gear Ail, DS-09 Metal Gear Flaps, D-47 Ele & Rud.

Bob
Last edited by RCMcP; May 12, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 12, 2011, 07:28 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
I'm going with a Neu 705 with 4.4:1 gb, 3S 1300 lipo, 11x8 folder (might end up with 11x6), CC35...+30A and 220W out on about 280 W in. A good combination of thrust and pitch speed I think at a light weight for the motor combo+batt

The airframe looks DLG light, I've owned a couple of the Horejsi DLG's in the past and you cant beat the quality/value here.
jofo1 is offline Find More Posts by jofo1
Old May 13, 2011, 12:49 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcP View Post
Jofo1, I sent an E-mail inquiry to Ivan at (info@horejsi.cz). He sent cost/shipping information and his PayPal account. I was able to get one of the newer X-tail versions. Model looks very good for the price and the Stab Mount is a small work of art in Balsa and CF. Took about 6 working days to my door near Seattle, WA

Will be using a Hacker 20-20L, 10X6, Castle Creations 25Amp ESC, Castle Creations BEC, and either a 950 or 1350 mah 3C Lipo, DS-09 Poly Gear Ail, DS-09 Metal Gear Flaps, D-47 Ele & Rud.

Bob
Bob, I don't see the x tail version on their website. Any chance you can post a pic or two of the tail?

Thanks,
Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
Old May 14, 2011, 09:35 AM
Bob McPeters
Federal Way, WA
Joined Feb 2008
17 Posts
Q-11

Randy, Here you go. Their are some photos of the prototype X-tail on Hyperflight.uk's web site. He calls this model "Sapphire 2m".

Just starting the build.

Bob
Old May 14, 2011, 08:16 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Thanks Bob!
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust