HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:14 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,341 Posts
376782 Noneed to post. Have a look here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=261
mnavarro - The link above shows you to do it for the regular 47A power supplies. Pictures and all. I remove the board with the output termianls entirely to put washers under the main board and under the screwheads. Nylon did not work for me as it just squeezes out before you can get the screw really tight. The rest of my blog has some pics of how others have built boxes for their supplies etc. Some are quite elaborate.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:39 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant View Post
mnavarro - The link above shows you to do it for the regular 47A power supplies. Pictures and all. I remove the board with the output termianls entirely to put washers under the main board and under the screwheads. Nylon did not work for me as it just squeezes out before you can get the screw really tight. The rest of my blog has some pics of how others have built boxes for their supplies etc. Some are quite elaborate.
Ok. I see what you did. This is very helpful.
mnavarro is offline Find More Posts by mnavarro
Last edited by mnavarro; Dec 06, 2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Deleting wrong potentially dangerous information
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:38 PM
Near Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2004
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant View Post
Hi Feather Merchant;

Sorry if I appeared to be trying to step on your toes. Your pictures of how to do it are much more elaborate and informative then mine. I did mine just to back up a presentation I made at our club on how and why we should be using server power supplies for our battery chargers. I chose a far simpler way to mount terminals using power poles as most of our club uses them and they are very easy to install on almost any style of power supply. I also explained why these power supplies are so much superior to almost any other chargers on the market due to their power factor correction feature which dramatically improves efficiency when using small inverter type generators.
I think the main reason I responded to this forum was that I see a lot of confusion and miss information regarding the grounding issues and I wanted to try and clear that up.

Dave
376782 is offline Find More Posts by 376782
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:29 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,341 Posts
No problem at all, 376 I just alreaady had some documentation.

mnavarro - I prefer to use washers on the screws so I can remount the board just as it was. But then I sell these to modelers to use so I need to go the extra mile.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:07 PM
USA, AK, Houston
Joined Aug 2005
789 Posts
I don't like using metal screws for this. My kits ship with a nylon screw.

But yea, that's basically how you do it.
akschu is online now Find More Posts by akschu
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:37 PM
Joined Oct 2010
304 Posts
Wanted to thank everybody for your help on this. Got it working nicely!
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:05 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro View Post
Wanted to thank everybody for your help on this. Got it working nicely!
I second this. I've been charging with 25 volts for a few weeks now and it's flawless. Now my issue is I've maxed my Hyperion Duo out so I need to upgrade to a FMA ProLab8. Then the problem will be overloading the house circut. It never ends.
Mike Freas is online now Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
206 Posts
The PL 8 is an amazing device. You will love it. Nope, never does, thank God!
ReddiK is offline Find More Posts by ReddiK
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:33 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
So I grabbed a couple of these off of Ebay,

I built the DL580 and it was pretty easy to do with the grippers on back. Just solder to them and I was done.

Can I do that with these PSU's for 12v each, I don't want to run 24 as my requirements are for two seperate power supplies on 12v each. I really don't want to remove that breakout board as the case is really small.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Last edited by stgdz; Dec 13, 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:28 PM
Joined Oct 2010
304 Posts
Here's a shot of my almost complete setup. I am thinking of mounting my iChargers (206B, 208B ), balance boards so that they are flush with my false bottom. The top banana plugs will be use on an adhoc basis.

The 208B will run at 25Volts and the 206B at 12.5 volts. I have toggles controlling power to both.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:43 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
So how do I get at the posts?

I can get one side of the psu off but when I try to get the other side with the 90 degree bend it doesn't slide off. There are a couple of teeth that lock into the chassis but again it doesn't slide.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:39 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,870 Posts
You have to 'peel' the side away from the cardboard insulator that is attached to it with double-back adhesive. It will then easily unlock and slide off. I promise.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
206 Posts
Try a screw driver blade or a dull knife-as Mark said, "I promise!"
ReddiK is offline Find More Posts by ReddiK
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:06 PM
VOLTS > AMPS