HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scotsoft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:49 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Mini-HowTo
U801 - Removing the undercarriage

I thought I would remove the undercarriage from one of my U801's to give it a more realistic look when in the air.
I took all the screws out from the fuselage and carefully parted each half.
The frame with the motors and gears stayed in one half and the other half came away clean allowing me access to remove the two screws securing the wheel covers. I prised the wheel cover off the side of the fuselage and this allowed me to remove the wheel then I replaced the wheel cover and screws.
I prised the frame holding the motors and gears from the other half of the fuselage which allowed me to access the screws securing the other wheel cover and I removed the other wheel. I removed the front wheel which was only secured by a location pin.
I placed both sides of the fuselage together and replaced all the screws.
Now for the first flight
Without the wheels the U801 is slightly tail heavy making it drift slowly backwards so a small weight will need to be placed in the nose to compensate. I tried weighing the front wheel but my scales did not register anything when I placed the wheel on them, so it will be a bit of trial and error
Here are some pictures of the U801 stripped down.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts