SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:11 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Cool
Guanli PBY Catalina amphibian wheel mod

Hi DemonDriver here & I recently bought the Guanli PBY Catalina from Nitroplanes.com after allot of thought about all the seaplanes I've lost over the years I thought I'd make this one with It's wheels lowered in the land position, we all know the PBY Catalina had retractable landing gears, Nose & main that retracted into the catalina's fuselage when in the water, So I thought I'd give it a go & here she is.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
wheel mod for guan li catalina

Just built guan li PBY Catalina. Will not take off from water OR hand throw. Bought new 8.4 volt 1500 mha battery and charger....get much more power than with 1000mha NiMH battery that came with Guan Li, also came with brushed motors. Still not enough power to take off. Want to try take offs from hard surface with wheels next. Can you suggest how you made the wheeled mod of your guan li.....what size wheels, what axles, how you made the mod to the guan li seaplane.Would appreciate it if you can tell me the above info and what part numbers and web sites to get the parts.

Marty Cutrone
518-532-9642
martygene is offline Find More Posts by martygene
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:15 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martygene View Post
Just built guan li PBY Catalina. Will not take off from water OR hand throw. Bought new 8.4 volt 1500 mha battery and charger....get much more power than with 1000mha NiMH battery that came with Guan Li, also came with brushed motors. Still not enough power to take off. Want to try take offs from hard surface with wheels next. Can you suggest how you made the wheeled mod of your guan li.....what size wheels, what axles, how you made the mod to the guan li seaplane.Would appreciate it if you can tell me the above info and what part numbers and web sites to get the parts.

Marty Cutrone
518-532-9642
Hi Mr Cutrone the Brushed version of the guali Cat is painfully underpowered but my wheel mod will help . Go to my Youtube channel f3hdemondriver and look up my guanli catalina wheel mod video, it should help.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member