HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2001, 07:02 PM
Mike Swan
Oroville, California, United States
Joined Oct 2000
372 Posts
subscribe to r/c microflight?

Hi,Would like to move from the field to my backyard.But have little experience in small flyers besides lite stick,i would like to go smaller,would you say microflight is a fair deal for the money?And if you subscribe on the website,do you get the magazine and access to their webpages?Thanks Mike
kit basher is offline Find More Posts by kit basher
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2001, 07:10 PM
Vestal, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2001
76 Posts
I subscribe. I like the content. They are a little slow with each months issue though. (both the web based & the mailed).

Rick
Tazilon is offline Find More Posts by Tazilon
Old Oct 10, 2001, 07:12 PM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
While some people have complained that RC Microflight is a little pricey, it has been worth it to me. I've learned a lot, and continue to pick up ideas. You get a copy in the mail each month, and you have access to all back issues on the website.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old Oct 10, 2001, 08:29 PM
North GA, USA
Joined Jul 2001
501 Posts
They've just started a sister publication that's a quarterly magazine (as opposed to newsletter) called "Backyard Flyer". $14.95 for 1-year.

http://www.backyardflyer.com

I'm looking forward to it!

Wings
Wings is offline Find More Posts by Wings
Old Oct 10, 2001, 09:11 PM
R/C Enthusiast
Craley, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2001
1,090 Posts
I subscribe to R/C Microflight, but I think the best source for info. about electric flight is Ezone. And Ezone is free.
sgil2001 is offline Find More Posts by sgil2001
Old Oct 11, 2001, 12:41 PM
Fixed Wing Fanatic
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jul 2001
2,344 Posts
It really depends on your knowledge level in my opinion. Last year when I started into small electrics and knew almost zero, RCM was a great value. Especially since once I was a subscriber, I got to read all the back issues on line for free. There is a wealth of knowledge in the back issues!!

However, as a person's knowledge base increases and you make more contacts for sharing knowledge and experience, (such as Ezone), RCM progressively loses it's value. My subscription is up this month and I don't think I'll renew. This year I don't get the extra value of back issues to read and the current ones don't seem to publish anything I haven't already discussed and/or read about in the forums. I'll miss John Worths' column, but besides that, there's nothing to justify the $30 subscription price.

JW
Jim Walker is offline Find More Posts by Jim Walker