HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:33 PM
United States, PA, Ephrata
Joined Dec 2005
509 Posts
mount battery

Not much to do now other than move the battery forward or rearward to achieve the recommended CG. I'll most likely add a velcro strap to the battery since it's a heavier 2200 mah battery. It will also balance with a 1300mah battery. There's plenty of room to shift the battery to get the right CG. All up weight with the 2200 mah battery is 25.5 ouces. That's much lighter than I thought it would be. Ready to fly!

Mike
bikeman is offline Find More Posts by bikeman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:03 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Mike you did a great job!

Can't wait to see it fly.

RM
R.Murphy is offline Find More Posts by R.Murphy
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Joined Dec 2005
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Murphy View Post
Can't wait to see it fly.

RM

Thanks Roland. As soon as the weather cooperates and or i can get a cameraman, it will be maidened.

Mike
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:27 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Flew mine yesterday

Hi Mike,

I put mine together last week and flew it yesterday. I was so pleased to see how well it flys, and how well it went together.

This project has been fun, it started last May when I first paid for the tooling on this plane, and now she flys. I want to make a few other models if we can sell some of these. EOT Models is just a little hobby business so I can play with planes, with my son.

So far so good.

All the best,
Roland
R.Murphy is offline Find More Posts by R.Murphy
Old Apr 30, 2011, 06:56 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,466 Posts
I got the pleasure to see Mike fly this first hand today, All I can say is it flying like it is on rails! I have never seen such a well behaved plane with the abilities that this one has. Very nice design!

So much for reducing my plane inventory, gonna have to add another to the hanger.

Ron
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 01, 2011, 12:19 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,466 Posts
Video

Not my best work but here is a quick vid from today.

Rare Bear (6 min 32 sec)

Ron
Old May 02, 2011, 02:18 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,262 Posts
Very nice! A must have model. I like the blue & white.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old May 02, 2011, 02:22 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,367 Posts
Plane looks like a real Floater!
tallflyer is online now Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old May 02, 2011, 05:24 PM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
Joined Aug 2005
3,138 Posts
Looks like a cracker (and great vid Ron)
MrFlash is offline Find More Posts by MrFlash
Old May 02, 2011, 08:34 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,466 Posts
Thanks Flash, it was lucky I had the camera in the car at all, we did have a 50cc SBach maiden that day so I brought it along.

Just dug through my Electric parts, I have the motor, esc, servos, RX, and everything else needed to put this plane in the air, so my order has gone in. I had a brushless upgraded PZ Typhoon 2 3D that the chassis had given up, she was 27 ounces and NEVER flew like this Rare Bear.
Old May 02, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Dec 2005
509 Posts
Thanks for posting the video Ron. I wasn't expecting near the performance this foamie has. I'm very impressed. It fills a nice gap between a 3d foamie and a general sport plane. The main thing I wasn't prepare for is how how neutral the plane is. It's a foamie yet it flies like a line like a pattern plane. And at the same time slows to a walking pace. Sweet!

Mike
Old May 02, 2011, 09:38 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
Thanks for posting the video Ron. I wasn't expecting near the performance this foamie has. I'm very impressed. It fills a nice gap between a 3d foamie and a general sport plane. The main thing I wasn't prepare for is how how neutral the plane is. It's a foamie yet it flies like a line like a pattern plane. And at the same time slows to a walking pace. Sweet!

Mike
No problem Mike, it was a lot of fun flying it and getting to see the maiden of a new plane. All of the other kaos at the field that day was worth the price of admission as well.
Old May 04, 2011, 06:14 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,466 Posts
Rare Bear has been delivered!
Last edited by DaOldGuy; May 04, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old May 14, 2011, 07:57 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,466 Posts
I didn't want to choke up this thread with my build so I put some pics and such on my blog.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433400

After a week of traveling to New York and such, I am ready to get this bird done. Raining all weekend means building.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:34 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,466 Posts
The Rare Bear has flown and how nice it is! I have about 5 flights on it, got the CG figured out on the first flight. I have some 3S2200 30C bats that are very nice. I have an 12X7 JXF Light wood prop on it, I am going to play a bit with other props, I know there is more gutz in that motor but it is fairly quick.

This plane takes heavy winds very well, the 2nd days flights, it was blowing hard.