HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Thank you guys

You are helping people find out about this great flying airplane.

airplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Rain View Post
Flew mine in the backyard tonight after I got home at dusk with ZERO wind.

I love this plane the more I fly it, it just keeps getting better!

Of my 19+ planes in the fleet, the Rarebear is my first pick.

Well done Roland!
R.Murphy is offline Find More Posts by R.Murphy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:54 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Murphy View Post
You are helping people find out about this great flying airplane.

airplane
Something this cool cant be kept a secret.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Thought I would re-post this video

Rare Bear seen by FPV

Following Rare Bear by FPV (7 min 45 sec)
Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:57 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patron View Post
Hey OldGuy,

I did darken up the yellow a bit and put some black stripes on the bottom of the wing so I could see it a little better.

Mike
Hi there patron,

I just put the Bear together with my son and we'd also like it to be a bit 'yellower'.. we've had trouble adding too much weight to models trying to do perfect colour schemes before... what paint did you use (type, like water based etc. rather than brand name, we'll have to source it here in the Czech Republic..), looks like something pretty light and semi-transparent..

I've tried alcohol-based wood stainers, but they don't leave enough colour on, I guess the EPP isn't absorbing enough..

Thanks for your tips..

and BTW, what are you guys doing for holding the batteries in place?? It's my first profile plane, so I'm a bit nervous about having the LiPo pack just tacked onto the side, plus mine has to go quite a bit toward the front and looks messy..

Was going to cut an upening into the fuse somewhere, like maybe above the wing, baybe all the way througth to slot the battery into, but with the way it balances, the opening would have to be in front of the canopy and quite close to the motor mount and might compromise the strength...

I guess I'll start with a battery strap going through the fuse (with CF rods where it bites in) and the battery on the side below the wing, but would prefer something neater..

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Matt
Blanik 4801 is offline Find More Posts by Blanik 4801
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:59 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanik 4801 View Post
Hi there patron,

I just put the Bear together with my son and we'd also like it to be a bit 'yellower'.. we've had trouble adding too much weight to models trying to do perfect colour schemes before... what paint did you use (type, like water based etc. rather than brand name, we'll have to source it here in the Czech Republic..), looks like something pretty light and semi-transparent..

I've tried alcohol-based wood stainers, but they don't leave enough colour on, I guess the EPP isn't absorbing enough..

Thanks for your tips..

and BTW, what are you guys doing for holding the batteries in place?? It's my first profile plane, so I'm a bit nervous about having the LiPo pack just tacked onto the side, plus mine has to go quite a bit toward the front and looks messy..

Was going to cut an upening into the fuse somewhere, like maybe above the wing, baybe all the way througth to slot the battery into, but with the way it balances, the opening would have to be in front of the canopy and quite close to the motor mount and might compromise the strength...

I guess I'll start with a battery strap going through the fuse (with CF rods where it bites in) and the battery on the side below the wing, but would prefer something neater..

Matt
Cheers Matt,

The nice thing about EPP is you can use CA <not foam safe> and nearly any paint. I have gotten my paint from Lowes since they have some nice colors that really pop, and they are not water base. I have even used the Floressant paints

I had a body shop in my past, I have even used PGP Basecote <the color part of basecote / clearcote> and had some nice paint jobs without gaining a lot of weight.

<Disclaimer>
Always test a spot on the belly just to make sure.

I have used CA <around the edge is important> on preglued Velcro and it holds my 3S2200 packs without issue.

Good luck with your build
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:31 AM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Rare Bear battery mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanik 4801 View Post
Hi there patron,

Thanks for your tips..

Matt
I have mine under the wing on the fuse with velcro and a velcro strap, it sticks out a little in front of the wing but the 3s 2200 battery is not really noticed in flight.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:24 AM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,229 Posts
subscribed

subscribed.

i'm looking forward to ordering a blue RB soon and enjoying it as much as its cousin the Sniper XL i have now.

js
jswain is offline Find More Posts by jswain
Last edited by jswain; Oct 04, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:11 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
I've clicked on every link on the website but nothing seems to happen. There is no ordering info, "Out of Stock" notices, prices or any other pertinent information.
Is this plane discontinued now?

Is it back ordered?

I saw this featured on FliteTest and am disappointed that it isn't available.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:21 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,229 Posts
suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
I've clicked on every link on the website but nothing seems to happen. There is no ordering info, "Out of Stock" notices, prices or any other pertinent information.

Is it back ordered?

Contact user R. Murphy via PM or email ( h3h3@aol.com )and see what he can do for you....
jswain is offline Find More Posts by jswain
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:36 AM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Rare Bear will be back in stock by end of October. Sorry for the wait.

EOT. Contact h3h3@aol.com

Roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post

Is it back ordered?

Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:44 AM
Conductor
Portland, Maine
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Subbed!
IronHorse442 is offline Find More Posts by IronHorse442
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:18 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Rare Bears Back in STOCK!!!!!!!!!

Go to EOTmodels.com and click on ebay link.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:50 AM
Account closed - user passed away
Chicago
Joined Nov 2009
333 Posts
Hey Ron,

Anything new comming out?

Mike
Patron is offline Find More Posts by Patron
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:58 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patron View Post
Hey Ron,

Anything new comming out?

Mike
I dunno... You got to ask Roland, he has all the answers.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 02:18 PM
Account closed - user passed away
Chicago
Joined Nov 2009
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I dunno... You got to ask Roland, he has all the answers.
Sorry Ron, I meant Roland.........you're not the only "OldGuy"

Anything new Roland?
Patron is offline Find More Posts by Patron