HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by joshlindsay, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 12:35 PM
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Sep 2004
49 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Sold
Model Builder, American Aircraft Modeler, Flying Models Magazines have to go!

This is the first time I have tried to sell anything here so let me know if I'm missing anything.
I just have too many model airplane magazines and I’m trying to reduce clutter around the house. Below is an approximation of what I think I have tucked here and there. They are not in plastic sleeves or immaculate. They have been read and handled, but are in pretty good shape. The ones with loose covers or tears I’ll just include as freebies. I thought I would post this here before they go on ebay just in case someone is looking for something in particular. I’m happy to trade as well. My interests are in small or micro scale electric planes so if you have anything from equipment, to tools, to materials, plans, flying scale models magazines (that’s pretty much the only mag I’ll keep around now), or even broken parkzone micros let me know and I’ll probably go for it. Below is a list of what I think I have a suggested price. Like I said I’m happy to entertain any offers. In terms of postage, I ship by priority mail and generally here’s what it costs.

1 magazine – 3$ first class

2-5 magazines – 4.90$ priority mail envelope

Up to around 20-30 magazines depending on their size – 10.40$ priority mail medium box

I’ll stuff as much as I can in those flat rate mailers.

Model Builder Magazine – What a great overall magazine. I have most of the issues up to 1990. From 1971-1975 – 5.00$, from 1976-1980 – 3.00$ and from 1981-1990 – 1.00$

American Aircraft Modeler – Looking back at these I’m amazed at the variety of offerings and information. I have a lot of the late 60’s issues. A few from the 70’s and a few from earlier. 2$ each

Model Airplane News – I have a bunch of issues from the 60s and again its remarkable how much information they used to pack into these magazines. 2$ each

Flying Models Magazine - Still one of my favorites. I have a lot of the 70s for 3$, pretty much all of the 80s for 1$ and some from the 2000s for .50c.2000 forward sold!

As you might imagine I’ve got lots of others lying around here too. Looking for inspiration? How about Air Progress from the late 50’s and 60’s? or Sport Aviation from either the mid to late 70’s or 90’s. Are these worth anything to anybody? Also, I’ve got some with torn covers or other wear that I’ll happily use as packing material so you get the most of your postage dollar. Feel free to message me with any offers.
All the best,
Josh
joshlindsay is offline Find More Posts by joshlindsay
Last edited by joshlindsay; Jan 09, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: sold an item
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2011, 12:40 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,614 Posts
Trader Rating: 150
Nice ad....welcome to the board.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:06 PM
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Sep 2004
49 Posts
2000 and later flying models gone

Wow my first sale! The really interesting old stuff still remains. I also sell stuff on ebay under the name mistletoeflights if you want to check my feedback there. Thanks again for looking,
Josh
Old Jan 15, 2011, 08:26 AM
Eternal Child
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Sep 2009
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 284
Any chance that you would have some catalogs, building instruction manuals, or brochures, for planes, boat, heli's, or cars?

Thanks, steve
stevster is online now Find More Posts by stevster
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:22 AM
Joined Feb 2011
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I would like to purchase Flying Models Magazine 1981 June and July
danwebster is offline Find More Posts by danwebster
Last edited by danwebster; Feb 13, 2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: not enough info
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:22 PM
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Sep 2004
49 Posts
No. Sorry Steve, don't have anything like that.

Dan, I'll send you an email. I have them.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:25 AM
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Sep 2004
49 Posts
I'm going to put them on ebay in groups. You might check my tag on ebay -
mistletoeflights - to see what's still available. I don't check rcgroups very often (I get lost in it and come out hours later).
Cheers,
Josh
Closed Thread