SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2011, 03:28 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Same ! I`m sold, I`m going with the Hacker on 12s and will be lucky enough to be the only Australian owner.....for a while ! ;-)
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Same ! I`m sold, I`m going with the Hacker on 12s and will be lucky enough to be the only Australian owner.....for a while ! ;-)
well... err, second...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:02 AM
"I Am The Animal!" in training
helifryer's Avatar
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Sep 2008
1,008 Posts
WOW! this is about as big of a plane as i ever want to have. i LOVE the orange scheme!

what do yall think about a DLE111 for those of use who dont like to shell out for DA?
and someone else mentioned something about single aileron servos earlier...? does a plane this big HAVE to have 2 servos on each aileron? or can you get away with saving a couple hundred bucks there?

man... im gonna have to get back to work and really make some money for this one! i could sell my 70" slick...but that would be like selling a leg... so, NO! maybe i could part with my 42" for some quick cash though... that'd be more like selling a kidney... lol you dont need it, and most people have 2 of em!

anyone have any idea what this one will cost? or when its gonna be available?
Helifryer
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:10 AM
CHOO CHOO
6L6Amp's Avatar
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
89 vs. 104
The squirrel clearly approves of the 104".

6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:27 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifryer View Post
WOW! this is about as big of a plane as i ever want to have. i LOVE the orange scheme!

what do yall think about a DLE111 for those of use who dont like to shell out for DA?
and someone else mentioned something about single aileron servos earlier...? does a plane this big HAVE to have 2 servos on each aileron? or can you get away with saving a couple hundred bucks there?

man... im gonna have to get back to work and really make some money for this one! i could sell my 70" slick...but that would be like selling a leg... so, NO! maybe i could part with my 42" for some quick cash though... that'd be more like selling a kidney... lol you dont need it, and most people have 2 of em!

anyone have any idea what this one will cost? or when its gonna be available?
Helifryer
DL111 will be great... the plane will 3D absolutely sweet on a 100cc engine... the DL111 was the step up to provide just that little bit more, and will do the same on the 104. The 120 just punches just that little bit more for the power greedy is all...

You could run a really powerful servo (480oz) for single aileron servo setup like some 103's have done... blowback is always the only drawback though, but would only show its head on higher speed maneuvers.

They're in build... so shipping to customers is still some months away as chinese new year will also interrupt...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:31 AM
Artillery! King of Battle!
Brill 1's Avatar
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Hopefully I will be able to rebuild the hobby fund before pre-orders open on the 104. Might have to sell my 70" Slick to generate cash for this one!

Brill
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:40 AM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6Amp View Post
The squirrel clearly approves of the 104".

Yes he does
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:17 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
wedgewing's Avatar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
ohhhh....you were supposed to say "He's Nuts over it"
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:46 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belrix View Post
Hopefully I will be able to rebuild the hobby fund before pre-orders open on the 104. Might have to sell my 70" Slick to generate cash for this one!

Brill
im in the same boat. already sold my 70 to fund this...but it mysteriously ended up going towards getting a 65 vyper ready to go....so now i need to hurry up and build my funds to make sure i get one of the orange ones in the first batch....hint hint ben
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:44 PM
blucor basher's Avatar
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Quote:
what do yall think about a DLE111 for those of use who dont like to shell out for DA?
It's very good. The DA 120 is gob-smackingly awesome.


Quote:
and someone else mentioned something about single aileron servos earlier...? does a plane this big HAVE to have 2 servos on each aileron? or can you get away with saving a couple hundred bucks there?
You *can* do it...but we'll be recommending that people use two if at all possible. The 103" Extra is a good comparison, anything less than a 7950TH is definitely going to blow back and a strong DLE111 can blow back at 7950 at sea level.



Quote:
anyone have any idea what this one will cost? or when its gonna be available?
Shipment to customers will be in March, est. Pre-orders will happen when everyone wants them to, now that I have the delivery sorted. Be aware, I do not think we can get enough onto the first container to satisfy demand.

They will arrive with Cloth wing and stab bags, both sets of horizontal stabs/elevators (3D and IMAC) carbon wing and stab tubes, carbon main gear, carbon tail wheel bracket, aluminum wheels, and carbon spinner for $1049 +shipping.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:54 PM
"I Am The Animal!" in training
helifryer's Avatar
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Sep 2008
1,008 Posts
[QUOTE=blucor basher;$1049 +shipping.[/QUOTE]

so i can attend my freshman year of college this year... or i can have myself a shiney new 104" Slick all decked out with way too many servos, a DA120, and while im spending my college fund, i might as well get an aurora 9. lol

choices....

naw.... but man...i seriously hope yall still carry this plane in 4 years when ive graduated from college with an aerospace engineering degree, and im making enough money to be able to support my hobby. haha
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:06 PM
Registered User
starzen's Avatar
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifryer View Post
so i can attend my freshman year of college this year... or i can have myself a shiney new 104" Slick all decked out with way too many servos, a DA120, and while im spending my college fund, i might as well get an aurora 9. lol

choices....

naw.... but man...i seriously hope yall still carry this plane in 4 years when ive graduated from college with an aerospace engineering degree, and im making enough money to be able to support my hobby. haha
college is overrated anyway
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
Shipment to customers will be March, est. Pre-orders will happen when everyone wants them to, now that I have the delivery sorted. Be aware, I do not think we can get enough onto the first container to satisfy demand.

They will arrive with Cloth wing and stab bags, both sets of horizontal stabs/elevators (3D and IMAC) carbon wing and stab tubes, carbon main gear, carbon tail wheel bracket, aluminum wheels, and carbon spinner for $1049 +shipping.
ben. you are killing me. my parents are not going to be happy when i deplete my savings to preorder a plane....

any specials deals for preorders?
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
Team 3DHS
ctunder77's Avatar
USA, DE, Newark
Joined Jul 2008
700 Posts
vouch for that i can ......
ctunder77 is offline Find More Posts by ctunder77
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:17 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
Brill 1's Avatar
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Drat! Can't swing a pre-order...off to purchase a lottery ticket!!!

Would it be silly to sell my Hacker A100-8 just to be able to pre-order the 104"

Brill
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
Last edited by Brill 1; Jan 10, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 42" AJ Slick Gear Fix jake48 3D Flying 25 Nov 26, 2010 02:01 PM
Sold NEU 1512 2.5D w/6.7 GB & Castle 80 AMP, Perfect for 3DHS AJ SLICK 70" / 72" Extra Alkaline Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Nov 07, 2010 09:34 AM
Question 3DHS 41" Edge and 42" AJ Slick RC_Feen 3D Flying 26 Oct 12, 2010 02:29 AM
Found 3DHS 51" AJ Slick BNF ShoGinn Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Sep 05, 2010 06:19 PM