can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
I get exactly what you mean and what you trying to do let me list my concern

1. 1.2ghz is bulky = heavy you will need a big plane
2. you will need a high capacity battery for the repeater plane as you will have, 1 vrx, 1vtx you repeater might end up loosing power before you main plane
3. not practical at all as the plane will be constantly moving and might end up with a blind spot

even thought what you want to do is doable but to much work and maybe to many failure point, and I think it will be much cheaper and better getting diversity system, with a good set of antenna

well i could be wrong just my opinion thought feel free to correct me
Well, for long distance, either the FPV plane needs to be high, your vRX needs to be high, or both. Not speaking from experience, though, just what I think I know.

http://www.afar.net/fresnel-zone-calculator/
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:55 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Well, for long distance, either the FPV plane needs to be high, your vRX needs to be high, or both. Not speaking from experience, though, just what I think I know.

http://www.afar.net/fresnel-zone-calculator/
that is very much true, but from real life proof you don't need to go to that extreme unless you going for 100km+ (which you need both plane to be in air for almost 1-2hrs nonstop) few ppl here already achieve more than 10km with a good set of antenna mounted only on tripod so i said this again what you want to do is possible just to complicated and the similar thing can be done with minimal effort but same result to achieve optimum range
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Thanks for the review. Just a quick question.... in your review it says that the Vtx and Vrx were included.... I can't seem to find any place that sells them included with the goggles. Please advise.

Thanks
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:56 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,181 Posts
I looks like they have changed their package pricing and options since the review. I cant find an option where the vtx and rx are included. However, the Predator goggles do have an included rx.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
I looks like they have changed their package pricing and options since the review. I cant find an option where the vtx and rx are included. However, the Predator goggles do have an included rx.
Thanks for letting me know. Is the picture crispness of the Dominators better than the Predators?
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:11 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,326 Posts
inspired by gary i did the glasses mod, now i dont have to wear contact lens each for fpv session
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:49 AM
lzr
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Is it still the same picture transmitted back to the goggles? The FOV is not affecting how much you actually see e.g. when flying in a forest?
lzr is offline Find More Posts by lzr
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:44 PM
WOT happened?
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2011
203 Posts
I've just installed my new dominator headtracker module and when i power up the goggles I get a constant steady beep. What gives? I can interfere (by that i mean partially reduce the volume of said beep) by hitting the HT button, but the beep persists when I let go.

Is my module broken?
chicken sashimi is offline Find More Posts by chicken sashimi
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:54 PM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
I've just installed my new dominator headtracker module and when i power up the goggles I get a constant steady beep. What gives? I can interfere (by that i mean partially reduce the volume of said beep) by hitting the HT button, but the beep persists when I let go.

Is my module broken?
Answered in your post at FPVlab (module inserted incorrectly, pins alignment off by one row).
Fat Shark
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
WOT happened?
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2011
203 Posts
Thanks dude.. much appreciated.
I love your products and support. Great stuff! Still eagerly awaiting your next goggle release.

I edited in a followup question on that FPVlab thread.. check it out if you get a chance. I want to disable the motion limit auto-center feature if possble.

cheers
chicken sashimi is offline Find More Posts by chicken sashimi
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:11 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
My dominators stopped beeping when powered ON and the HT seems to have stopped working.
Any idea?
teopbako is online now Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:59 AM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Quote:
inspired by gary i did the glasses mod, now i dont have to wear contact lens each for fpv session
Here's and update to my Fat Shark mod for improving focus. Unfortunately the Uhu glue won't hold the eye cups on very long as the rubber cement doesn't have enough holding power. I ended up using CA glue and it now holds the eye cups on without moving. I really didn't want to use CA because it's more or less permanent and leaves a residue behind but it does hold very well.

If I had to do the mod over again next time I would spend a littlle more time cutting the plastic lenses so they will slide in the space like the ones Fat Shark sells. Other than that they are still working just fine and I'm very pleased with the out come. If I ever sell the Dominators I can just remove the plastic lenses and revert back to the original design.

Gary
Gary Morris is offline Find More Posts by Gary Morris
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:02 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,326 Posts
I use hot glue just the rubber cup keep falling off as you said, I dont want to CA it yet, on side note my foxtech vrx mod for FS are working nicely now, but more range test need to be done later tomorrow
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:47 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,814 Posts
ca works very well to keep the eye cups on

Quote:
I use hot glue just the rubber cup keep falling off as you said, I dont want to CA it yet, on side note my foxtech vrx mod for FS are working nicely now, but more range test need to be done later tomorrow
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined May 2009
380 Posts
My dominators have never beeped. I have tried turning up the volume. If I power up with the HT button held I get no beeps. The HT of course doesn't seem to work either. Do I need a new HT module or new goggles? The module IS plugged in correctly.
davidgp is offline Find More Posts by davidgp