HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
Glenstr, if your having trouble getting a signal in from the stereo av input, try pulling the jack out slightly. My unit doesnt show video if i push the jack all the way into the plug, but rather i have to pull it out very slightly for it to work. Its still held in securely though.

Also, make sure you have the switch for the internal receiver set to off when using the av plug.
That's exactly what it was, when I hooked it up to my FPV gear I got the same thing, and when I felt the connection to make sure it was in I notices a flicker so I played with it and noticed pulling it out tad gave me a picture.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined May 2009
77 Posts
zaguruinzasky, webdr, Glenstr, I've got the some problem with the head tracker. Sometimes it moved for a second or so on its own. and then it stops. The movement is not very smooth but works. Did you have luck with finding solution? Did you report to somebody?
rubenhak is offline Find More Posts by rubenhak
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:35 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenhak View Post
zaguruinzasky, webdr, Glenstr, I've got the some problem with the head tracker. Sometimes it moved for a second or so on its own. and then it stops. The movement is not very smooth but works. Did you have luck with finding solution? Did you report to somebody?
I reported the problem ( this problem:
Fatshark Dominator Head Tracker problem (1 min 39 sec)
) to Gregory at FatShark, he sent me a new unit few days ago with a new updated firmware (v3), I will let you know as soon as I receive it. He agrees with me that it's not normal.
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined May 2009
77 Posts
How do I contact Gregory as FatShark?
rubenhak is offline Find More Posts by rubenhak
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:47 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,525 Posts
gowiththeshark website... http://www.gowiththeshark.com/contac...py_Camera.html
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
anyone know what the new goggles are that fatshark are now working on? hopefully dom/pred with bigger FOV? i dont like the smaller fov in the new ones... ;-(
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:03 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
696 Posts
bet there going to be good
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,896 Posts
Can anyone with the Futaba head tracking cable give me a picture with the pinout for the PS2 end and the Futaba square plug end? I'm thinking of making up a cable myself and wanted to make sure I had it right.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 11:00 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,040 Posts
If you wear glasses like me i don't think the rubber cup will fit, need to take off my glasses in order to use this
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old May 08, 2012, 12:11 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
That is what the Diopter lenses are for.
You get a variety of lenses for $20 that insert right into the goggles, surely one set out of the package will work for you:
http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=198
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
anyone know what the new goggles are that fatshark are now working on? hopefully dom/pred with bigger FOV? i dont like the smaller fov in the new ones... ;-(

I would love to know this too...

Perhaps a higher resolution and wider FOV display with a very good scaling engine to scale up the video nicely. I guess that might bring all sorts of problems with lag etc but my samsung hi def tv does quite a good job of scaling up standard def tv so why can't my video goggles?

In the mean time I'm just chomping at the bit waiting for the new HD camera... he said he hopes to be able to release some info this week if all goes to plan.
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old May 11, 2012, 09:04 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
Glenstr, if your having trouble getting a signal in from the stereo av input, try pulling the jack out slightly. My unit doesnt show video if i push the jack all the way into the plug, but rather i have to pull it out very slightly for it to work. Its still held in securely though.
hate the av port problem a slight move sometime render the video links loss if you are flying that would be disastrous!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2012, 09:05 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
hate the av port problem a slight move sometime render the video links loss if you are flying that would be disastrous!
its not hanging there by a thread, its very secure even when pulled out slightly. Ive never had a signal loss and I use them alot.
Matt
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
WOT happened?
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2011
196 Posts
My plan was to output the 5.8rx stream to a DVR while I view the feed and fly on my goggles.. is this not possible?
On my workbench tests, My tx is transmitting the image, my goggles display said image. I've got the dominator video cables plugged into the goggle video plug on one end and into the DVR's video-in on the other. The resulting videos are just blackness.. timestamp is accurate, but no image.. Any ideas?
chicken sashimi is offline Find More Posts by chicken sashimi
Old May 16, 2012, 07:37 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
My plan was to output the 5.8rx stream to a DVR while I view the feed and fly on my goggles.. is this not possible?
On my workbench tests, My tx is transmitting the image, my goggles display said image. I've got the dominator video cables plugged into the goggle video plug on one end and into the DVR's video-in on the other. The resulting videos are just blackness.. timestamp is accurate, but no image.. Any ideas?
try pulling the jack slowly sometime it need some pull to have video, as few ppl posted before
RCG Plus Member