HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:31 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,182 Posts
Mine works well...and im not saying that cause I wrote the review. Ive had minor centering issues after looking around, but its by no means garbage or unuseable IMO. I also have not experienced the "all over the place" issue. Have you considered sending the HT module in for replacement?
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
I am new to RCGroups and interested in FPV. I have "far-sighted" vision and do not wear contacs, so unless there is a type of goggle that will fit over glasses I'm thinking I won't be able to use this technology. Can anyone advise me in this area?
fredfliesrc2 is offline Find More Posts by fredfliesrc2
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:54 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfliesrc2 View Post
I am new to RCGroups and interested in FPV. I have "far-sighted" vision and do not wear contacs, so unless there is a type of goggle that will fit over glasses I'm thinking I won't be able to use this technology. Can anyone advise me in this area?
Jesh...been wearing glasses forever and still mix up far/near sighted. If you can see up close, but not at distance than you can get diopter inserts for the FatShark goggles. I'd get the 'pack' of three...-2, -4, -6 (I believe). This way you can use the one(s) for the best focus. If you can see far, but not close, you should be fine without inserts or glasses.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
Thank You, I have had cataract surgery and toric lense implants this winter. Now I have wonderful distance vision so it sounds like I an good-to-go, now I just have to save up my pennies

Thanks, Fred
fredfliesrc2 is offline Find More Posts by fredfliesrc2
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:59 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I'd get the 'pack' of three...-2, -4, -6 (I believe). This way you can use the one(s) for the best focus...
I am pretty sure they are only offered as a 3 pack set, so you get all the diops and choose the best for you.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:53 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,797 Posts
I've been thinking of getting into FPV and using the FatShark Dominator goggles and i wanted to know if the headtracker will work with a DX8,i know we can buy a cable that will fit the DX8 and the FatShark but just wanted to see if anyone else has used these with the DX8 and using the headtracker.

The cheapest place i've been able to find the FatShark Dominator and other FatShark FPV gear has been Hobbyking.com so it looks like they will be getting my money soon,well as soon as i know they will work with a DX8 and the headtracker
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I am pretty sure they are only offered as a 3 pack set, so you get all the diops and choose the best for you.
Correct. I did see one site that offered them individually though. I wouldn't recommend that as you may get one that doesn't work right then have to go through another purchase/exchange....what a pain.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:27 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
... as i know they will work with a DX8 and the headtracker
dx8 is a great radio, but from everything I have read, the 2.4 signal is not optimal for FPV- unless using 5.8 video signal...

I feel this segment of the hobby is so young, it is mostly trial and error Or you go with something that has been proven (Futaba's line has an incredible reputation within the FPV community).

I guess you could try, but do tell us if it successful as I am sure other DX8 users out there would benefit from your findings.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:25 PM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
It's unusable for me, waste of money.

When i move my head left 20-30 degrees most of the time it will move left then right then back to moving left. It's all over the place. Doesn't even compare to the Foxteck AIO headtracker.
I just received my Dominator with HT, and mine does exactly the same thing. If for instance I turn my head to the left, the camera would move halfway, stop, and a second later move the rest of the way. If I look down, the camera would move down but also left or right after a second. It's unusable like this.

Have you had any luck getting yours to work? Do you by any chance have it plugged into an EZUHF module as I do, or straight to your radio's trainer port?
Moelich73 is offline Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:49 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Same problem here with the head tracker.. it works like crap (Futaba 10c)
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:07 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Fatshark Dominator Head Tracker problem (1 min 39 sec)
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:26 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,182 Posts
man, thats so weird. The fact that multiple people are having an issue with it moving on its own shows there must be something going on. However, Ive got mine installed on a seawind and I have never had it do anything but work...no jittery movements. I would address this with Gregory at Fatshark.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:27 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
I wrote him already, and also to my dealer Globe Flight.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:17 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Just got my Dominators in the mail from RMRC, and was trying them out with various video sources. Just so I understand how these work, as long as a video source is going to the video connector on the supplied cable, I should get video, correct?

This is what I have tried so far, I am powering the goggles with the supplied cable to my Futaba 9C radio (it has a lipo battery).

I first ran the video cable to the video out port on my plasma tv - nothing. Goggles are powered up ok, battery in Futaba is at 11.5v. Since I have never used that port on the TV I'm not even sure if I have it set up correctly, so I unplug from it and connect to the video out on my ASUS media server - now I have a feed and can see the menus from my media player. Ok, so that works.

So, I want to try with a camera, I take my Canon A490 and hook it up to my Haier 7" monitor with supplied Canon video cable - video out is sending a signal to the Haier ok. With an RCA coupler plug, I plug the Canon into the Fat Sharks, power them up, power the camera up and nothing. Unplug from the goggles and back into the Haier, picture is fine.

Next is to try with them hooked up to my Eagle Tree diversity on my ground station, I'm assuming they'll be fine - but should they not work ok with any video source coming in to them?

Other than that, they seem great, although in hindsight I see I should have ordered the diopter lenses with them. Being near sighted I thought they would be fine with the screen to close to my eyes, but I see that is not the case, so I ordered some from Tim last night. The way they fit me the screen is also in the upper part of my vision, if I tilt them down a bit they are in my vision better, I can accomplish this by sliding the strap up the back of my head - anyone else have this issue with them?
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:26 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,182 Posts
Glenstr, if your having trouble getting a signal in from the stereo av input, try pulling the jack out slightly. My unit doesnt show video if i push the jack all the way into the plug, but rather i have to pull it out very slightly for it to work. Its still held in securely though.

Also, make sure you have the switch for the internal receiver set to off when using the av plug.
RCG Plus Member