HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
Richmond Va Metro Area
Joined Jan 2010
33 Posts
New development - technical difficulties -- added to home page

Just noticed -- an updated home page for Tiny Brite Lights website. On their home page, http://flightlights.net/index.html they have updated their status to:

Dear Customers, we are experiencing technical difficulties, and our online shopping cart is down. We'll have it back up as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

So, at least they are now stating that there is a problem. That's a start.

Gary
coastrnut is offline Find More Posts by coastrnut
Last edited by coastrnut; Jan 29, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:31 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,228 Posts
Well i still have not heard from them. I broke my night vapor and am now using the lights from that on my t-28(which i bought the tbl for). So now i don't need them any longer so will most likely have some up for sale if they show up this week which would be week 6. If they don't show up i will be contacting my bank. If you want to wait for who knows how long go ahead and give them a shot. I'll let you know when mine show up.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:07 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
TBL is missing in action:
On 02-Nov-11 06:16, Tiny Brite Lights, LLC wrote:
>
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> You can sent the set to :
> Tiny Brite Lights, LLC
> 112 Woodcrest Circle
> Streamwood, Illinois 60107
>
> Thanks!
> Kyle Ingram

I sent in the lights and as well gave him my CC for a second set.
Well as of today nothing. He is not responding to either email or telephone messages.

Sent him an email demanding that he give me my money via Paypal. I also left him a msg via telephone with the same demand.

I don't care what Kyle ever does again I will not trust him. Looks like another LADO problem to me. That guy still owes me for a set of retracts. He has my money I have nothing. Seems like Kyle is joining the ranks of the thieves.

Kyle as of this moment, has my lights, he has my money and I guess has decided to steal from me.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:16 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
BTW I would take a look at:
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/...tarterKit.html

What is cool about these lights is that you can program them the way you want. Want a particular light to strobe at a specific slider setting? You can do that. Or turn on or off or go slowly bright, etc. It does require you to program the controller.

I also really like this controller since they state you can use non-delight LEDs on the first four channels without a resistor. 1-4 is current controlled. 5-6 you need a resistor and work up to two amps. Finally 7-8 are neither current controlled or programmed.

Price is decent too. I have three sets of these and they are working great. Only down side is that the tiny, tiny LEDs are mounted on a tiny circuit board. But even with that they are still about the size of a standard led.

So far no problems.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:17 PM
Seattle
Joined May 2008
67 Posts
I have also have a problem with Tiny Bright Lights. I ordered a set for my P-51Micro and my CC was immediately charged. I got a 'receipt' telling me that I would get an email when things shipped.

That was 4 weeks ago. I sent two emails and one phone call requesting a status on my order and got no response.

I'll be contacting my CC company this week to try to reverse the charges.

I've had really good luck dealing with the small cottage industry that supports our hobby. This is the first time I've run into a bad apple.
torquenut is offline Find More Posts by torquenut
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:52 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Just got an email from TBL. Stated that he has had health problems, was catching up on orders and offered a refund.

I think his products are ok but it just took me too long so I asked for the refund.

Still I wish him luck and hope he remains healthy
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:03 AM
United States, NY, Canandaigua
Joined Feb 2009
17 Posts
Does he give any indication, when he will answer e-mail, or ship product? I ordered on January 6, and have not had any response, even though I have e-mailed and called.

He has a good product, he needs to answer to his customers, if he has a delay. That would be good customer service.

I too feel bad, if ill. If he can't work, or has a product problem, just get the word out.
bahnzai is offline Find More Posts by bahnzai
Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:37 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,228 Posts
My order from dec 22 showed up today. no tracking info no email no nothing. I was going to dispute the charge this week. I guess just be patient. The date on the package is feb 2, so he must be way behind. Needs to tell costumers though. And change info on the site if he is not providing tracking and shipping within 2 weeks
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Feb 2009
17 Posts
Tiny Brite Lites

My Order went in Jan 6. I don't know if I should dispute the charge, or just wait. I just wish he would communicate. I have one set from a couple of years back and love them. Good Product. Questionable Customer Service.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:55 PM
Calhoun, GA
Joined Dec 2006
731 Posts
These lights are pretty simple looking, I made a Knight Rider/Cylon pattern with an MSP430 just fooling around. It seems like the hard part would be finding a lightweight controller and LEDs, and then about an hour of work to put it all together and program the controller.

Am I wrong?
crash331 is offline Find More Posts by crash331
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Feb 2009
17 Posts
Tiny Brite Lites

The TBL are ready to go, PNP system. Sometimes, it is just easier and quicker to buy a system like this. For my larger aircraft, I have used R/C Speedsters, set up. I have had great satisfaction with his system. However, it is heavier, and the the LED's are larger. Great turn-around time.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Feb 2009
17 Posts
LED's

FYI.....
http://rcspeedsters.blogspot.com/
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:05 PM
Seattle
Joined May 2008
67 Posts
I'm going to give TBL one more month before I dispute. My order went in on 1/9. Geez, I wish he would just let people know what is going on.
torquenut is offline Find More Posts by torquenut
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquenut View Post
I'm going to give TBL one more month before I dispute. My order went in on 1/9. Geez, I wish he would just let people know what is going on.
geez is an understatement. You guys are amazingly patient group. Just remember if you did PP, your time is limited so act before that time runs out.

If only HobbyKing customers were this patient, there would be no fun threads in the vendors section.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
Joined Feb 2009
17 Posts
Tiny Brite Lites

I believe there is a 60 day, dispute time with Credit Card Companies.