Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:05 PM
Joined Jul 2009
122 Posts
Update. I see the phone# is no longer listed on the website.
tjm5837 is offline Find More Posts by tjm5837
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:38 PM
Senior Moments...I forgot
New Hyde Park, NY
Joined Mar 2001
1,007 Posts
I have a working set of tiny brite lights but with the troubles oredering a another set I made a set of LEDS for my mCX. I used very fine enamled wire and Leds you can at many places I got mine from Dave lewis (the local Radio Shack another sourse) they are bigger than the Tiny brite lights and hard to match in brightness. I measured the MAH draw of the leds (one red and one green) 15 Milliamps. They work and they are directly soldered in to the battery leads at mid point of the battery connector. I had a bad battery connector so it was easy to snip off the bad connector and soldered the new set in.

So far so good. I wish I had just two of the tiny brite lights leds, one to bring down the current draw and weight.I wil have to get a good souce of very fine shrink tubing.

I am happy I now can see my mCX when my living is dim. So I can fly any time.

Later after I finish my Jenny I will make a setup to test LEDS and see if I can poke around to find those tiny led lights.

John F. Clarke
AMA 9473
JohnC is offline Find More Posts by JohnC
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:39 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Would you happen to have this # somewhere? Very odd how they are doing business. Ignoring emails and then sending product 1 month later. I would think their ability to use Paypal would be under review considering the claims being made. I almost disputed my transaction when it arrived yesterday.

You only have 45 days to dispute a Paypal transaction.
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:50 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,164 Posts
I tried several times as well to no avail when I ordered my lights. I tried to the point that the phone number no longer accepted incoming calls. TBL's customer support philosophy is not true. Good luck!
helipilot is offline Find More Posts by helipilot
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:25 AM
outstanding in the left field!
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts
tbl

I love the product, but I am beginning to think the only way to get them is to file a paypal claim. Ditto on the customer service there is none.

Message to the tiny brite lights team--"PUT DOWN THE BONG AND ANSWER YOUR CUSTOMERS OR PRETTY SOON YOU WONT HAVE ANY"

I would rather have the lights than a refund.

Mike
pyrobus is offline Find More Posts by pyrobus
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobus View Post
I love the product, but I am beginning to think the only way to get them is to file a paypal claim. Ditto on the customer service there is none.

Message to the tiny brite lights team--"PUT DOWN THE BONG AND ANSWER YOUR CUSTOMERS OR PRETTY SOON YOU WONT HAVE ANY"

I would rather have the lights than a refund.

Mike
mike,

i was poking around and it looks like they sell their stuff to LHS...and according to Google the closest one to you is roughly 35 miles in St. Charles...35 miles isn't really that far of a drive. I used to drive on a monthly basis 50 miles to nearest LHS to pick up stuff.

maybe you can go there, buy a bunch and sell some to the rest of the folks here. or maybe someone else can check tbl site for other LHS that is closer.

http://www.flightlights.net/where.html#Illinois

Hobbytown USA (St. Charles)
Main Street Commons
3627 East Main St.
St. Charles IL 60174
www.hobbytown.com/ILSC/

Looks like tbl does a lot of business with LHS and probably don't give a rats a** about end user sales.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:44 AM
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
Meh, filed my claim, went through the entire process and got a refund(from paypal dispute, not TBL) without ever hearing a word or getting a single email.

And I had ordered in the past with no problems. So much for ever buying anything again from them.
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:33 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
So is there an option to buy lights like these for use in ultra micros from anyone else?

I still haven't gotten mine to work and of course, no info from TBL. Not sure, I might file a claim with Paypal because who knows if I'll get these working...bummer, I so wanted to be flying my Hobbyzone Champ at night!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:00 PM
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts
have my sets

my sets came in...
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobus View Post
my sets came in...
Hope they work!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:31 PM
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts
still a great product

Very nice product, worth the wait!

Mike
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:11 PM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
[QUOTE=lovespicyfood;17795209]So is there an option to buy lights like these for use in ultra micros from anyone else?

+1.
I would like to know too.
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Last edited by B72; Mar 29, 2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: sp
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:56 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
I got a response in regards to my email stating that my lights arrived non-working. The email was pleasant and said they'd be happy to replace them. It also stated that they would need to be "turned on" with an r/c channel.

I replied back stating that I purchased the most basic light set which I believe should just turn on when a battery is plugged in. I also commented about my pleasant surprise to get a response and commented about the beating TBL has taken on various online forums. I suggested ways to repair their reputation.

I don't know if my reply was taken the wrong way, but I'm still waiting for a response from yesterday...

Perhaps I should have kept those other comments until after my replacement lights were sent!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:58 PM
Joined Jul 2009
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
I got a response in regards to my email stating that my lights arrived non-working. The email was pleasant and said they'd be happy to replace them. It also stated that they would need to be "turned on" with an r/c channel.

I replied back stating that I purchased the most basic light set which I believe should just turn on when a battery is plugged in. I also commented about my pleasant surprise to get a response and commented about the beating TBL has taken on various online forums. I suggested ways to repair their reputation.

I don't know if my reply was taken the wrong way, but I'm still waiting for a response from yesterday...

Perhaps I should have kept those other comments until after my replacement lights were sent!
Shocker that you even got a response.
tjm5837 is offline Find More Posts by tjm5837
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:17 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
That's it, you're NEVER gonna hear from them again!
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member