HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:30 PM
Senior Moments...I forgot
New Hyde Park, NY
Joined Mar 2001
1,007 Posts
Discussion
Tiny brite lights

I tried to buy a set of lights by using safe shopping from Mastercard. The server rejected it and I dont use Paypal, strange. I don't trust Paypal as I hacked been before not Paupal but others.

I wanted the light set as I fly Micro planes in the Atrium of the Cradle of Aviation museum on Long Island. The customers love seeing the planes flying. I fly the Vapor, Jenny JN-4, Dave Roblems Walker and other planes

To bad the transaction did not want to go through. It would have been nice to have to fly a lite plane. I tied to contact them but the email address they have on the web site rejects the message. I saw the mention of "Tiny Brite Lights" company in Model Aviation in this month.

John F. Clarke
911 Covert Avenue
New Hyde Park, NY 11040

email
eflyer@verizon.net
JohnC is offline Find More Posts by JohnC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 05:22 PM
Joined Jul 2009
122 Posts
Where are they?

I ordered micro plane lights from them on Jan 26th, Charge of course went through right away. But, I have received no notification of order status 9 days later. I don't know if my order has shipped, is still in process or lost in the mail. All e-mails are returned undeliverable, from both the e-mail address on the receipt and from the address on their website. I just called them on the phone to the phone number given on my receipt. Of course I had to leave a message since I got an answering machine. I've never had this type of thing happen with any orders that I've put in to anywhere. Anyone else having these problems with these guys? Are they out of business?
tjm5837 is offline Find More Posts by tjm5837
Old Feb 05, 2011, 03:06 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,863 Posts
I got my lights from hobbyking...cheap!

if this is what you are looking for, I can send you the links.

First Night flight (2 min 15 sec)

edit...NM...i reread and it says you want micro lights...
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Feb 05, 2011, 03:06 PM
New Hyde Park, NY
Joined Mar 2001
1,007 Posts
I have one set for tiny brite lights for a micro plane. I made another set for mCX. Just a red and geen led lights for the skids and always on type.

John F. Clarke
Old Feb 07, 2011, 03:44 PM
Renton, WA
Joined Nov 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangster View Post
I got my lights from hobbyking...cheap!

if this is what you are looking for, I can send you the links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ntXq1uUVk

edit...NM...i reread and it says you want micro lights...
what are you using to power the lights ? how much voltage is needed per strip ? I think I found the link on HK and says up to 12v, could a 9v batt work ? I'm thinking of using for monster truck, do you see vulnerability to water ? (I'd put them on the inside of body for protection).
vashon10 is offline Find More Posts by vashon10
Old Feb 07, 2011, 04:03 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vashon10 View Post
what are you using to power the lights ? how much voltage is needed per strip ? I think I found the link on HK and says up to 12v, could a 9v batt work ? I'm thinking of using for monster truck, do you see vulnerability to water ? (I'd put them on the inside of body for protection).
i'm using a 3cell Lipo...power consumption is very low since they are LED. I have close to 7 feet on mine and if I remember correctly it's barely doing like .1 amp.

a 9v would work fine- it'd be just a bit less bright than the 12v that I have on mine. I've even tried on 2S (8v) and it's fine, just less bright....and on a truck the brightness should be ok since even if you lose track/orientation for a bit, its not like a plane where you'd be in trouble.

The ones I have is not waterproof, but I do see on the HK sites they are offering some water proof ones...so get those if water is a concern.
Old Feb 07, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Jul 2009
122 Posts
Got my tiny bright lights in the mail on Sat. Put them on my hobbyzone champ for night flying today. Flew tonight in the dark and had no problem seeing the plane! Red left wing and green right wing nav lights, red tail strobe, white belly strobe, and 2 headlights. I had no problem with orientation even far away, and I flew high. Very bright , and a great product. Got them in 11 days. I guess I just am not used to companies not notifying when an order ships. And I freaked out when my e-mails were returned to sender as undeliverable and nobody answers phone calls. flightlights makes a great product but they should fix their customer contact issues. This would make me pause before ordering with them again. Or stated differently, what if I had gotten a defective set or they had been lost in the mail...No way to contact the company?
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:49 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,167 Posts
I ordered my lights from Tiny Brite Lites Feb 16 and still have not received them. I cannot leave a message on there phone nor is he replying to any e-mails. I finally put in a dispute through Paypal hoping this will poke them in the rear to get moving on orders. NOT HAPPY!!!
helipilot is offline Find More Posts by helipilot
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined Jul 2009
122 Posts
You will probably get your lights. I got mine and they are a great product. However I think I would not order again because of the lack of vender/customer contact.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:30 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,167 Posts
How long does it take? I live in Michigan and they are in Illinois. Delivery time even by snail mail would not take this long. I have had items come from China quicker than this.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:52 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,863 Posts
I wonder why some vendors are so awful. I wonder if they are just a 1 man shop and just overwhelmed, no real cash to buy stock in the first place, so they wait till they get the $$$ from enough customers then buy, then send out....

don't know about you guys, but if I order from a vendor in the states and wait more than 2 weeks, I get edgy and if I get no response from emails/calls, I cancel the order.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:37 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,167 Posts
I simply do not get it when a manufacture has such a good thing going and has such poor service that they literally put themselves out of business. I hope this is not the case with TBL. What I really hope is that Kyle gets the message that many people would like his product and steps up the shipping. Im still waiting for my lights, I still have my dispute in with Paypal. I will pull it if I get my lights before time expires.
Old Mar 08, 2011, 01:51 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Geez, I ordered a set of lights last week for my Champ... I hope I get them in a decent amount of time!
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:11 AM
Joined Jul 2009
122 Posts
I hope you do too. You'll love them. I would love to order more stuff from them, but just won't until they fix their customer service issues. What a shame.
Old Mar 08, 2011, 09:03 AM
New Hyde Park, NY
Joined Mar 2001
1,007 Posts
What shame. I got my lights but no contact. However they have a physical address and perhaps some one can put a buzz in thier ear.