HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by dennishobbies, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 07, 2011, 09:11 AM
USA, GA, Eastman
Joined Aug 2006
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sold
hausler 450 rtf heli new in box

we now have the t-rex 450 clones in stock, these are great helis must see to believe. i never planned on getting a clone of any kind because always wanted quality. these helis are it. completely changed my way of thinking. get yours at www.shop.dennishobbies.com
plus enter codes "free" and "innew" get 10% and free shipping
hausler 450 rtf heli
dennishobbies is offline Find More Posts by dennishobbies
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2011, 09:19 AM
Nebraska
Joined Dec 2007
442 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Dennis, not to be rude but are you new to selling stuff on the internet?

I don't know who would drop $229 on a heli based on the one tiny picture you have and the minimal description. You say this is RTF, but there are no pics of the transmitter nor even any real description of it.

Which gyro comes with it? What kind of servos? You need to put up a lot more pictures and more details. Have you seen how many pictures (and often videos too!) Xheli puts on a page about a single helicopter? http://www.xheli.com/60h-dy8918-b-ra...-24g-blue.html

Good luck.
zirconx is offline Find More Posts by zirconx
Old Jan 07, 2011, 01:51 PM
WTT memorabilia for planes...
United States, OH, Coshocton
Joined Jan 2009
97 Posts
Trader Rating: 76
Everybody has Trex clones for sale! Go to eBay and get ready to sift through 25 pages of them.....
bucknut is offline Find More Posts by bucknut
Old Jan 07, 2011, 05:17 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,075 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
No good pictures and specs. Spelling errors on web page, "0" trader rating.
fpainter3 is online now Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:50 PM
USA, GA, Eastman
Joined Aug 2006
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
yeah. actually im very new to rc groups, just trying to promote my online store, and share some good deals i got. i posted more pics on a thread. also its a clone that is put put out by cermark
dennishobbies is offline Find More Posts by dennishobbies
Old Jan 22, 2011, 05:21 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
Dear Dennis (and everyone else)—

I flew a new Hausler 450 last Sunday at Baylands Park in San Jose.

For 229.00 the Hausler comes ready-to-fly with all electronics, including a 2.4 ghz transmitter. However, while it is useless to compare a bare bones 450 clone with an RTF package, most RTF kits suffer from not being able to program the transmitter and the Hausler is no exception. Because the Tx is not programmable the servo arms could not be made level. Adjusting the links for a level swash without benefit of sub-trim and endpoint adjustments creates gross CCPM interactions throughout the servos' travel range.

To use plain language the Hausler was hard for me to fly and I am a pretty good 450 pilot for sport flying and mild aerobatics in moderate to heavy wind. The Hausler I flew was underpowered, too, which created some interesting challenges when the ticklish cyclic co-incided with sudden wind gusts.

On paper an RTF model helicopter seems exciting. But most enthusiasts that I know prefer to equip their heli's with electronics and power packages that they choose and the importance of a good radio system cannot be overstated.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Jan 23, 2011, 08:09 AM
Joined Jun 2010
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
Dear Dennis (and everyone else)

I flew a new Hausler 450 last Sunday at Baylands Park in San Jose.

For 229.00 the Hausler comes ready-to-fly with all electronics, including a 2.4 ghz transmitter. However, while it is useless to compare a bare bones 450 clone with an RTF package, most RTF kits suffer from not being able to program the transmitter and the Hausler is no exception. Because the Tx is not programmable the servo arms could not be made level. Adjusting the links for a level swash without benefit of sub-trim and endpoint adjustments creates gross CCPM interactions throughout the servos' travel range.

To use plain language the Hausler was hard for me to fly and I am a pretty good 450 pilot for sport flying and mild aerobatics in moderate to heavy wind. The Hausler I flew was underpowered, too, which created some interesting challenges when the ticklish cyclic co-incided with sudden wind gusts.

On paper an RTF model helicopter seems exciting. But most enthusiasts that I know prefer to equip their heli's with electronics and power packages that they choose and the importance of a good radio system cannot be overstated.
Dou you think it would be any better if i put in a new reciever and bound to my dx7?
mrrocks42 is offline Find More Posts by mrrocks42
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:47 AM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Better, yes, but it is hard to say by how much. At that point you will have spent 229.00 + the cost of the radio and you will still need a stronger motor.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:56 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
305 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
hmmmm. mine flew/ flies inverted out of the box with the supplied transmitter and cheapo lipos. it is not a hard core 3D heli, but i would definitely not characterize it as underpowered. My current stable consists of two 450s, a 500, and two 700s so I have some background. being able to upgrade to a different transmitter is always a plus, but the hauslers are designed to be able to be flown literally out the box with just a battery charge. many people simply want to get started and don't have the knowledge of heli set up. i think as more people buy these the power question will be vindicated. i'm wondering if the perceived lack of power was due to a low headspeed. to get good performance you need to be in idle up and have the hover throttle up around 80%.

when the wind starts to blow, it's time to put away the 450s
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX View Post
when the wind starts to blow, it's time to put away the 450s
I chose not to invert the Hausler. Estarter did invert it and flew 1.5 inverted circuits before the poor stability made it risky in a mild breeze that a better tuned and powered 450 would handle easily. So he flipped back upright, losing too much altitude in the process and barely clearing the ground. No, it was not a good bird to fly upside down.

The Hausler has no reserve power and just barely enough for simple aerobatics. Insufficient, in my book, to give a two hundred dollar model a chance of flying and landing in one piece. If you are flying 500 and 700 size heli's with reasonable power I'm puzzled that you don't have a higher standard for 450 performance.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:50 PM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
305 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
the hausler is targeted for entry level modelers, or people who just want something to goof around with. it is not intended to be a high performance aerobatic machine, and but it can easily become one for another hundred dollars or so - but the goal was to give people a heli with which they could learn to hover, forward flight and mild aerobatics, and it does that quite well.

over and out.......
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:39 PM
N.E. Washington
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Full blown newbie perspective

I am new to rc helis, about 2 months experience, have done fixed wing for 25+ years, have done a lot of information research on set up, building, flying rc choppers, flew a fixed pitch walkera, no problem, got a cp walkera and my problems began. I live in the boonies and have to rely on videos and forums for my info. I found the hausler 450, bought it and came home and did all checks and charged a battery. Theres a lot of snow here so I went in my shop and spooled it up. After 2 packs of scooting I brought it into a hover and could hold it momentarily close to the ground. Within 6 packs I am holding a hover with confidence and doing short hops forward/back and side to side. I continue to progress and no crashs yet. This is just my experience as a newbie, maybe this is not a high performance chopper but maybe a much better alternative for us new guys $209 and you get a real chopper not a peice of plastic. Also another bonus is being t rex compatible the price of replacement parts is cheap and variety of places to buy them is many as opposed the some others I wont mention. I now have hope of progressing in this great hobby I am not affiliated with any vendor or promoting anyones goods, this is just my thoughts on this chopper as a newbie. Also, this is imported by cermark, they will answer the phone and help you with any questions and concern and seem to really care that you are happy!
Bearcreek59 is offline Find More Posts by Bearcreek59
Last edited by Bearcreek59; Jan 29, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:52 PM
N.E. Washington
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Tx is programmable via computer link.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:51 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Bearcreek59— it is fortunate indeed that you happened by this thread as a brand-new RCG newbie with a zero posting history. I have to wonder if you were asked to do so in order to bolster the Hausler's reputation.

In any event, my remarks are not designed to rain on happy Hausler owners' parades. Knowing the Tx is programmable at all is important; can you tell us if hardware is supplied to enable the Tx to be connected to a PC? Did you program yours? Getting the servo arms to 90 degrees and the swash level at mid-stick is very important, as you no doubt are aware.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:25 PM
N.E. Washington
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Well I thought I explained myself in the previous post? I have no interest in "boulstering anyones product" just gave my factual experience that maybe some may benefit from others experience as I have on this forum. I realize you know nothing of me, if you did you would have never suggested any ill intent. Please understand I am just trying my best to get going in the rc helicopter hobby and thought my experience could be useful to others as others have been to me.

Yes, the cord and program disc are included and you can adjust sub trims and most all other perameters. I am flying mine as it came out of the box, arms level as can be, and with my current knowledge fear I could only make things worse until I understand all things better. The owner at the LHS,thats 80 miles away, told me that cermark sets them up before they leave there? Who knows? Heres a link I,ve been looking at on the configuration for the supplied radio:

http://www.mycoolheli.com/t6config.html

Best regards
Closed Thread