Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:00 PM
Just Fly'n by,upside d'n.....
United States, NC, High Point
Joined Oct 2007
21 Posts
Help!
Motor Conversion Chart ??????????

Hello To all,

I am looking for the Mother of All Conversion Charts FOR ,,, Two sroke Glow to , Four Stroke Glow to , Two stroke Gasoline to , Four Stroke Gasoline to , Electric Motors to , Air Plane Wheight / Size .......

I have seen a chart like this , But Dummy Me Did Not downLoad it.....

The chart had it Broken Down from A .049 CI. up to 200cc to Wattage ( KV 's ) to the Air Plane's Wheight.

Any HELP .

Thanks ,
Mark K.
Atlanta , Ga.
crashwrench is offline Find More Posts by crashwrench
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:46 PM
Joined Jan 2010
913 Posts
If you've seen a chart like this, it was wrong.

I know that's a bold claim, but in general there are better ways to pick a motor than by a comparison to something else. This is mostly because an electric system can be tuned to an airframe much better than an engine can, by varying voltage, Kv, and prop size. With an engine, you're given a size by the instructions and you get to choose 2-stroke or 4-stroke, with a bit of prop selection. It works, but rarely gives the best possible setup because there are so few options.

With electric, it's best to size your motor based on the weight and desired speed of the model. It can be intimidating at first because there are so many hundreds of choices, but with a bit of care it can result in a power system perfectly suited to a particular airplane.

For more details on this process, take a look HERE.
machinate is offline Find More Posts by machinate