Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:06 PM
danielsville,pa
Joined Jul 2007
108 Posts
Discussion
flyfly f-86 or f-100 ?

wanting to move up to a 90mm jet. The f-86 looks to only need the 4mm carbon rod for the wing,has plenty of room for batts and retractsthat can handle grass and works good on 6s setup.How doe's the f-100 compare in these areas. thanks for everyones input.
jethead is offline Find More Posts by jethead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:13 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,678 Posts
F 100 epo bullet proof and can go fast with the cheater hole mod.

It's dang near 5.5 feet long and I few mine today on 850 watts, wasn't supper fast on that low of a wattage but I didn't have any trouble getting altitude when I wanted it.

There's more than 7inches of bat space behind the 5 inches of radio space FF gives you and again the EPO is bullet proof. I've no doubt treated mine rough and it keeps coming back for more.

No matter which 90mm EDF you get put a flat spot on all the LGs, will save you some headaches later...ask me how I know.
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:39 PM
danielsville,pa
Joined Jul 2007
108 Posts
Is the wing stiff enough in epo? I was told that eps is better for the 86, it helps with wing flex. Is the lg mod for the fixed gear or the ff retracts?
jethead is offline Find More Posts by jethead
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:10 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethead View Post
Is the wing stiff enough in epo?...
Yes, there are plenty of vids of this bird flying at speed. Someone even shoved a turbine in it.

If you're not comfortable with the wing flex I strap tape mine at the bottom where I would put a spar or if it needs something stiffer put the spar there but this guy doesn't need any of the such.

Quote:
... I was told that eps is better for the 86, it helps with wing flex....
FF kits are very good quality for money and their EPS foam is truly stiff. This doesn't help with folk like me who are rather hard on their birds, When I need to go I just throw the wing and fuse of my f100 in my SUV and I'm off. I have the FF F4, there's no way I can do that what that bird. The foam would snap somewhere, I'm not into glassing anything. My FF100 fell off one of the clubs tables today and I didn't even look to see if anything was damaged because I know with that foam it'll bend and rarely break.

The benefit of the non epo is the glass but I've been experimenting with WBPU and I'm not impressed with it yet...I know I'm doing something wrong.

Quote:
... Is the lg mod for the fixed gear or the ff retracts?
Both, the grub screws are too small to put enough torque to to make the LG stay straight so if you dremel a flat spot on the rods where you want the grub screws to go it'll help it stay and not twist
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771