SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2011, 02:59 PM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Discussion
2024 Aluminium +T6BA titnium Gears For T-REX 500 and CopterX Clones

For you eyes only, but may come in production if you ask for, here is the latest project we have around here...

We plan to build some aluminium and titanium gears for the T-Rex 500. As well, we plan to make it for the T-rex 450 Pro TT tail gears. Thos are difficult to cut, so this won't be an affordable pricing at the end. but we will produce some for testing, and see if it possible to make the price lower.

First, the tailgear, wich blows often when your tail touch the ground.
Made in Titanium, this is a perfect solution for reducing risk of blowing it up as it is more simple to change the antirotation gear than this one on the filed.

Second, the antirotation gear and the main gear in strong aluminium. This won't be for 3D purpose, but for those wich would like to build a scale helicopter and don't want to get rid with stripping gears... We all know how much time it could be boring to extract the helicopter from a fuselage. This would help to solve this for small crashes that don't need a special intervention on the body, but the main mast and feathering shaft replacement only.

All gears are fully compatible with T-Rex 500 and perfect clones like HK 500 and CopterX (Ky Models Clones).

We may study the 3D project, but by the way, and due to high rotations needed, we must be testing it furtherly to validate it for competition purposes. Helicoidal shape could solve this problem, but this is much more costy to build... If interested, let us know. We would be able to provide samples at real cost.

Motor pignon in titanium for respecting the sheme of aluminium to titanium contacts.

Here are some rendering pictures of the work done at this time.

If you may be interested in such products or same products for smaller or bigger aircrafts, just let us know. We would just like to see if those parts can be an interest for RC helicopter hobbyist, and plan to build them if this is the case.

We can also offer to hobbyist special studies of special parts and CNC cutting. And specially for those who have some diseapeared or not anymore sold model, and need a special part to be built.

You can see the work done for the engine carter of an old OS engine. It works great now, and the engine is now a collector for it's owner.

You got pictures and dimensions. Let us know if we can rebuild this part for you. Whatever material, we can CNC up to 5 axis...

We already are offering CNC carbon fiber made Naca profiles for building ultra strong and lightweight wings (specially for jets). Let us know your project, we would build it for you...

Just respond here or PM me for asking specific questions.

Sincerely yours.

Francois.

Note : Aluminium is 2024 aviation quality. And Titanium is T6AV, aviation quality too.
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Last edited by lothar2048; Jan 06, 2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Errors In the Message
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 03:27 PM
USA, NY, Cedarhurst
Joined Mar 2010
1,008 Posts
Can you guys make a CNC delrin or maybe even titanium front TT drive gear for the trex 450 pro? I can assure you that many are interested… Same thing as the 500, if you touch the tail blades it strips and its sort of a pain to change out... if it was metal it would not break and instead maybe an umbrella gear or the auto gear would strip... that would be great considering they are much easier and faster to change out.

Also, perhaps some better main and auto gears CNC cut in delrin? We have a ‘wobbly gear’ problem… Maybe even a main gear with a different tooth count for a different gear scheme?
vicovaludemero is offline Find More Posts by vicovaludemero
Old Jan 06, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Project 450 is now lauched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicovaludemero View Post
Can you guys make a CNC delrin or maybe even titanium front TT drive gear for the trex 450 pro? I can assure you that many are interested… Same thing as the 500, if you touch the tail blades it strips and its sort of a pain to change out... if it was metal it would not break and instead maybe an umbrella gear or the auto gear would strip... that would be great considering they are much easier and faster to change out.

Also, perhaps some better main and auto gears CNC cut in delrin? We have a ‘wobbly gear’ problem… Maybe even a main gear with a different tooth count for a different gear scheme?
Hi there, i'm looking forward to your message.

There are two different gear types for this heli. Those parts you are talking about are for the 450 torque tube version. We plan to make parts in titanium an aluminium too... Same principle for all parts... Same problem for the 500. so why we are working for you guys !

Just ask.

If you can please add parts references in further messages, we would be pleased to provide a 3D view of it within a few days for validation....

Best regards.
Last edited by lothar2048; Jan 06, 2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Errors in the answer
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Due to production problems, we will use strong 7075 Aluminium instead of T8AV Titanium.

But the project is still on it's way.

We are also working on the 90° pignons of the torque tube wich are very "fragile".
Those will be made in 7075 due to high speed and friction...

Let us know if you can be interested.
Old Mar 07, 2011, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
I'll take one...

I would be interested in two entire sets if you can sell them. Main Gear, auto-rotation gear and tailgear pinion all in 7075 AL. PM me with pricing if you want the sale.
viehe69 is offline Find More Posts by viehe69
Old Mar 08, 2011, 10:59 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
I’m interested in this only because I see that the autorotation tail drive gear seems to be always warped.

I have a clone 450 belt tail and for me to change would be ok. Going to metal (stronger material) moves the weak point to another location.. in my case stripping the belt... I hope

TT guys may want to think what is next in line to break if the metal gears hold out as it could be something that is more expensive to replace then plastic gears...I don’t I know.

I wonder if there would be any sound difference if running metal autorotation and main gear.

PM me with a price for a clone 450 (copterX) auto (106T) and main (150T) gear

Cheers
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy