Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Wildweasel09, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 08:39 PM
Crashing but learning...
Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Yippee!
C-130 Firefighter

Finally the C-130 Firefighter version is flying:

rc C-130 Firefighter version video (1 min 58 sec)

and some pictures from Adriana (it must be how women see an air show, 'cause I really don't remember any of this...)

Things you see in an air show (1 min 27 sec)
Wildweasel09 is offline Find More Posts by Wildweasel09
Last edited by Wildweasel09; Jun 14, 2011 at 08:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:18 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,597 Posts
Hi Nelson

WOW...your C-130 looks and flies great. Sounded like you had a windy day for your first flight, it certainly helped with your 0mph landing..LOL
Love the way the water comes out the back, just like the real thing. Well done a great build and a successful maiden.

Regards
Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:04 AM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Yeah, windy but fun LOL, thanks Andy now I need to refine my water drop, slower and lower and no wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Andy View Post
Hi Nelson

WOW...your C-130 looks and flies great. Sounded like you had a windy day for your first flight, it certainly helped with your 0mph landing..LOL
Love the way the water comes out the back, just like the real thing. Well done a great build and a successful maiden.

Regards
Andy
Old Jan 09, 2011, 02:20 PM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Adriana,

I like your picture slideshows. Finally someone is seeing what I see. I tend to run around with a camera as well when I go somewhere... Anywhere.

Hi Nelson,

I would really like to see the mechanism behind the water release.... It´s a very surprising feature for a plane. Especially when it is in such a "small" plane. Will you tell us your secret?

Robert
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:30 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Ok Robert you win... I will tell you the secret. just watch this video
It's very simple and I think it will fit in small planes very well.
Let me know what you think!

How to make the C-130 Water bomber door RC video (3 min 5 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
Hi Nelson,

I would really like to see the mechanism behind the water release.... It´s a very surprising feature for a plane. Especially when it is in such a "small" plane. Will you tell us your secret?

Robert
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:41 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
Hi Adriana,

I like your picture slideshows. Finally someone is seeing what I see. I tend to run around with a camera as well when I go somewhere... Anywhere.

Robert
Hello Robert, long time no talk

Thank you for your kind words. I know only "the chosen few" see the world around in all its fascinating sides. (Nelson always tease me, but he helps me a lot being the "eyes-in-the-back-of-my-neck", and pulls my sleeve to show me something nice to click).
What camera do you use for your photos? I use a Nikon D-80. In my website I have few of them in a gallery, please visit my page: www.truewinds.com/photo.html
It has some slideshows I posted too. It will be an honor if you stop by and tell me what you think.

Take care,

Adriana
Old Jan 09, 2011, 05:43 PM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Adriana,

I use the Canon EOS 400D. I'm already looking towards the Canon EOS 550D because that one has the HD filming option and it is a good camera for the money you pay for it. I have a nice tele - zoom lens which can be used from the hand in addition to the standard lens. I really want a small fish eye lens but I kept myself from buying one so far.

I already saw the movies about the dogs (I know those moments as well because we always had a dog at home. My dad still has the last one but the dog is very old, blind and deaf) and NY. In the video I saw a remark so I just looked for it and played it. I like them.

Your pictures on your site I'll look at those tomorrow because it is already very late and I need to go to sleep for work. What I have seen going over them quickly, I think they are probably better as mine. Better color, better composition. I'll take a better look tomorrow.

Most pictures of the builds are made with a Sony mobile phone. The size of those pictures is smaller and ,more easy to upload.

Ciao bella!

Robert
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old Jan 09, 2011, 06:14 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Ciao Robert,

My favorite lens is my wide angle (20mm) is not fisheye yet for photography concepts, but, gee! it makes every photo just perfect. Wide angles are much clearer lenses. The light is perfect, and the effects are amazing. I have it since 1996, luckily I can use it in my newer Nikon. I don't remember how much I paid then, but I know for sure that it worths every penny. Whenever you decide to get one for you I'm sure you will love it.

Of course, when I go to air shows wide angle is almost useless. A good zoom and a quick memory stick are mandatory in those events. Oh! and a happy "trigger finger", too

See you

Adriana