SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2003, 09:58 AM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
Feed back on lipos

Just wanted to relay some more feed back on lipos, I have been flying both E-tecs (1200's) and Thunder power (2100). I have got quite a few flights on my microjet (minx) and these cells are the best thing since brushless motors. My flight times with the TP packs have exceeded 13 mins of serious flying (not just loafing around) come out barely warm (95+ here in central florida) and I really can not notice any significant drop in power from start to finish of the flight. The most MA I charged after a long flight is 1400 ma into the TPs and about 880 into the E-tecs. The TP is a better match for my application as the E-tecs are being pushed harder and are warmer after the flight. I don't know how far this cell tech. is going but it is great. One more major improvement is the lack of charging hassle. Remember when the hot setup was 1200ma SCR cells? IMHO if you have not tried them, do your homework and jump in, you will be glad you did. I may even pull the old KY T-33 out of retirement, put some retracts on it and go have some fun with it. I guess the only wild card is how they hold up long term, but so far so good.
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2003, 03:57 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I'm just waiting for the price to drop..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W